• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
They seriously need to do to Roman the same thing that was done to Punk. Give him a mic and tell him he can say anything he wants. See how it goes.

I'm not convinced that Roman knows how to work a promo well enough for that to be successful. For all we know maybe the last time they tried that we got sufferin succotash.

The solution to someone in the main event that you don't care about is to do nothing during their matches. Cena himself even said, multiple times, 'as long as you're reacting because a quiet crowd is what kills you.'

But because we live in the era of ECW crowds, Full Sail, Smarky chants that need to get over and NEED to be heard, and Europeans singing. That will never ever happen again. People in the crowds love to hear their own voice.

It's why we're in the worst era. You'll never again see a crowd hot for anything like they were for Goldberg/Hogan, but you'll also never again see a crowd not want to get themselves over at the cost of everything else. So the talent are trapped in this limbo hell where nothing they do matters, in kayfabe or reality

FOTqmXjl.jpg

I'm hoping WWE creative let The Vaudevillians go with the fact they are responsible for Enzo's incident and that they should be #1 contenders. I think they are a good contrast to The New Day.

Syder

I'm hoping WWE creative let The Vaudevillians go with the fact they are responsible for Enzo's incident and that they should be #1 contenders. I think they are a good contrast to The New Day.
That would make the Enzo & Cass return for revenge pop pretty big.

Data is the voice of reason among the WWE Universe that is experiencing Stockholm syndrome.

Though I disagree that being quiet would matter as much. I think WWE would be happy if the crowds shut up and let them push their narrative.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He's clearly improved in the last two years.

He's clearly not remotely their best worker, but he has absolutely come a long way. If you think his earliest singles matches and promos are on par with what he is doing now, you are just flat out deluding yourself.

His matches have always been fine. But dude's ability to promote anything never improved to the point they've smartly given up on trying to get the guy to promote anything.

Heel

Enzo should show up at Monday Night RAW in his hospital gown. He'd be over like rover and Daniel Bryan combined.

That would make the Enzo & Cass return for revenge pop pretty big.

Exactly. Another scenario: after Vaudevillians gloat in the ring, have Big Cass come down, let him have a few minutes to shine and just before he heads down to the ring, the Dudley Boyz jump him.

Have Enzo come out in his gown and ask the Vaudevillains if the really live the gimmick and don't have any modern vaccinations, then whip out a syringe and inject them. Or save that for a vaccination on a pole match.

Toki767

The crowds do need a different chant for Reigns.

WWE has tried to teach the audience that "Let's Go _____/_____ sucks" chants are a fun chant (which I guess they're somewhat correct with since adult males troll the other adult males by starting those chants that kids and women pick up on)

They should just chant something like "We don't like you" or something to that effect.

Yep. I'm even surprised at Dave

Why wouldn't people love to boo him? They love to cheer him, they love to boo him. The people love Roman Reigns, and you can't teach that

I'm noticing conflicting boos of late. Often there is a rush of cheers followed by boos, or vice versa. I can't tell if this is piped in audio or actual "confusion" by fans.

They should just chant something like "We don't like you" or something to that effect.

They have

Fox318

At this point I can't really say I feel anything towards Roman.

I mean I think the guy could work but he only works in a spot by spot fasion and his matches are built up around his punch instead of the power moves he can do like the deadlift sitout powerbomb.

Dude suffers a bit from the Ryback problem of "He's strong but nowhere near as strong as we would like him to be for his booking" Which is fine. Not everyone is going to be a Brock, Cena, Cesaro, or Mark Henry.

I just can't really say I care. There isn't even any real drama with him losing the belt because its unlikely the company would let anyone else wear it considering they want to use it for talk shows and Make A Wish.

So much about how Roman was booked after his hernia made 0 sense plus you have a company that doesn't have the guts to turn him heel like Rock in November of 1998.

I mean even now that the dude has the title its about the McMahon's again. Even Steph didn't seem to give a shit that Roman has the belt despite beating HHH.

So much is broken at the WWE that I don't think Roman could have succeeded unless he had a resume from Japan or the Indies. Plus if he did he wouldn't work the camera focused work rate style he works.

jmdajr

At this point I can't really say I feel anything towards Roman.

I mean I think the guy could work but he only works in a spot by spot fasion and his matches are built up around his punch instead of the power moves he can do like the deadlift sitout powerbomb.

Dude suffers a bit from the Ryback problem of "He's strong but nowhere near as strong as we would like him to be for his booking" Which is fine. Not everyone is going to be a Brock, Cena, Cesaro, or Mark Henry.

I just can't really say I care. There isn't even any real drama with him losing the belt because its unlikely the company would let anyone else wear it considering they want to use it for talk shows and Make A Wish.

So much about how Roman was booked after his hernia made 0 sense plus you have a company that doesn't have the guts to turn him heel like Rock in November of 1998.

I mean even now that the dude has the title its about the McMahon's again. Even Steph didn't seem to give a shit that Roman has the belt despite beating HHH.

So much is broken at the WWE that I don't think Roman could have succeeded unless he had a resume from Japan or the Indies. Plus if he did he wouldn't work the camera focused work rate style he works.

I got so confused thinking this was a DM post.

Hex

Banned
Enzo should show up at Monday Night RAW in his hospital gown. He'd be over like rover and Daniel Bryan combined.

It will be like :
Crowd "HOW YA DOIN!!!" " HOW YA DOIN!!"
Enzo will be all like "I'm ok , how YOU doin" or something and the crowd would go nuts

I'm noticing conflicting boos of late. Often there is a rush of cheers followed by boos, or vice versa. I can't tell if this is piped in audio or actual "confusion" by fans.

The father and son sitting next to me last Monday were big Roman fans and the kid was yelling "no he doesn't suck so shut up you stupid people" (not in a serious tone). And again, the back and forth was much better live.

I'm so conflicted on any sort of shield reunion. On the one hand ' yay, Seth and dean are back together and can do awesome shit'. On the other hand , Roman will also be there as their leader, and will likely get all the pinfalls and accolades , based on current wwe booking.

Kaladin

Camp WWE thoughts?

It was pretty good for a pilot.

They weren't fucking around with it being adult targeted were they?

It needs more substance but I think that will come with later episodes.

I think they've got the characters spot on though, and Vince and Ric stole the show.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm so conflicted on any sort of shield reunion. On the one hand ' yay, Seth and dean are back together and can do awesome shit'. On the other hand , Roman will also be there as their leader, and will likely get all the pinfalls and accolades , based on current wwe booking.

He already did though. Even when they were originally around, his spear was always the big finish, and they always raised someone up onto his shoulders to powerbomb. He already had every big moment. Why don't you like him, he has always been the coolest member, the one who had all the big moments

Zach

I'll try to watch this Camp WWE business tonight and give an Official Definitive WrassleGAF Verdict. How long is it? 20 minutes?

Kaladin

Humor is overdone. I can probably name 2-5 characters that have similar dialogue or jokes from different TV shows. Lois Griffin's dad is one of them...

But it's Mr. McMahon running Cena down while he's trying to escape WWE....and Ric Flair is having sex with anything moving or not....he's even fucking a bear.

Top Bottom