• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Zach

It's not even about that. I know myself, and I'm way too selfish with my time to have any responsibility on that level. Plus, I don't want anyone to be sad the way I was when my mom died. When I die, I plan to just disappear, like a cat.

5RqoZIJ.jpg

Zero desire to play another Uncharted. Don't care how good it is(which those claims are always suspect when it's a Naughty Dog game) Just no regard in playing another one of those games. It's in the same boat as Killzone, Gears of War, and God of War for me. Done with it. Been done with it.

I want to play it, but it seems more or less people are in love with it for the visual jump. I get this and maybe I'll play it, but if I do I'm buying it used.

I'm more interested in playing the new Hitman to be honest. The episodic release of the game is really calling to me (limited game time) so it's super tempting.

bjork

It's something I think about quite a bit. In the near future, I'll be 100% debt free and no real ties to anyone other than my dad. So I'd hang around until something happens to him, but beyond that, idk.

Anyway, time to go sleep. Finally.

I want to play it, but it seems more or less people are in love with it for the visual jump. I get this and maybe I'll play it, but if I do I'm buying it used.

I'm more interested in playing the new Hitman to be honest. The episodic release of the game is really calling to me (limited game time) so it's super tempting.

New hit man is great. So much freedom and creativity

It's something I think about quite a bit. In the near future, I'll be 100% debt free and no real ties to anyone other than my dad. So I'd hang around until something happens to him, but beyond that, idk.

Anyway, time to go sleep. Finally.

Don't worry bjork, I'm in team DINK as well

kiguel182

Also, were they using fake crowd sounds on some of the backstage segments? Some of the reactions did not seem natural at all.

Raw is at a point where it would be great if they could just cut that godamn third hour so segments didn't have to drag.

WCW Masked Rey was better. Altho Rey had some really great tag team moments in the WWE.

Googled this to jar my memory:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/rey-mysterio-greatest-matches

Some of these I def have never seen. I should track down that Rey/Morrison Smackdown match.

And I DEFINENTLY have never seen that Rey/HBK match. Hope thats on the network,i'm hyped.

I don't think that year is up yet but here you go

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x40v20_wwe-raw-hbk-shawn-michaels-vs-rey-m_sport

Zach

So it's either you're a savage or a pretty boy? Shut up, NVM. You're making up dumb things again. This is why everyone in the thread always says they're glad there's a Zach, Jr. roaming the earth and not a NeoGAF Vince McMahon, Jr.

If total Divas is going to tell me that Paige is engaged, and then I see her holding hands with someone else, Then WTF. slap in the face.

This is really bothering me.

Sephzilla

Honestly, someone in WWE really did need to tell Daniel Bryan to trim his beard and cut his hair though. Dude honestly started to look awful when WM30 came around which is kind of sad because WM28 Daniel Bryan was an extremely marketable person. Bruiser Brody looked groomed compared to Bryan

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If total Divas is going to tell me that Paige is engaged, and then I see her holding hands with someone else, Then WTF. slap in the face.

This is really bothering me.
It's just Paige. Who cares?

Have to respect the Bella's here. No way I could or would want to whore out my life for a reality TV show.
Everybody wants a tv show until they get that tv show and realize how awful it turns out. But everyone now wants everyone to see how true they are so they invite them into their lives.

Zach

Honestly, someone in WWE really did need to tell Daniel Bryan to trim his beard and cut his hair though. Dude honestly started to look awful when WM30 came around which is kind of sad because WM28 Daniel Bryan was an extremely marketable person. Bruiser Brody looked groomed compared to Bryan

Maybe they did and he was like "nah", pushed be damned. But people still liked him. So whatever.

Sephzilla

I honestly think Daniel Bryan looking like a damn hobo is ultimately why he didn't really get pushed despite being the most over guy in the company since The Rock.

Now that it's been mentioned, AJ Styles vs. Brock Lesnar would be pretty damn dope.

If only for the spot where somehow Styles manages to perform a styles clash only for Lesnar to immediately bounce back off the mat upon impact into F5 position before Styles even gets to move again.

Zach

I honestly think Daniel Bryan looking like a damn hobo is ultimately why he didn't really get pushed despite being the most over guy in the company since The Rock.

So be it. If a man just wants to wrestle and look how he wants to look, why should he cater to your carnal needs, Sephzilla?

That change that Punk wanted; the reality is as long as your handcuffed to revenue from advertisement, which the WWE is as it keeps pushing to build its own subscriber base, seemingly to become self efficient, you are at the mercy of major corporations that have their own brand to protect. That's why these champions have a tough job because they need to hit all the checkboxes not just for wwe, for a car company, a sport company, a restaurant....whatever... to keep the revenue in while also building a character to appease the fanbase and keep ratings up, again, so advertisers can get their product across.

It's an intertwined vicious cycle and while we tend give these performers a lot of shit, I have zero doubt that WWE want to keep the business growing and will do what they can to groom their workers to help them do it. the talent have a tough , tough gig.

But you get a Roman that way

Busted knees WWE Rey is the best, flopping off the top rope was the ultimate finisher.

...said no one ever

Has anyone taken the absurd counterpoint on this yet?

I'm not going to. WWE Rey was a shadow of WCW Rey. The reasons for that are mostly health related (and awful finisher getting over)... but I don't think it's disputable. The Malenko vs Rey matches... worthy of all their praise.

Zach

Why does your nephew have a beard?

Haha... Ithil...

Not being fired =/= you can't be doing your job better

But some people like the disheveled look. This is like how some people like tattoos and some don't. Just live with it. If it's a dealbreaker for you, don't cheer for them. Or get over yourself and appreciate what they do bring to the table that you like.

What I'm saying is I don't want to see Sephzilla's wrestling federation with a roster of 50 Randy Ortons.

First month of Highspots Network is now free:
CirJCq_W0AEoTjY.jpg

Genuinely, this is a real good offer people should check out. Got a couple of older PROGRESS shows on there, Rev Pro including Nakamura matches & AJ Styles' last indy match, PWG archives up to a year or so ago, CZW, everyone should find something to enjoy there.

kiguel182

Not being fired =/= you can't be doing your job better

His job was to wrestle and entertain the audience and he was the best one at doing both of those things.

Bryan never asked anything more than being able to do that.

And people loved him and wanted to see him more than they wanted to see anybody else so I say he was doing his job pretty damn well.

The idea that you have to look like Roman to be marketable is the hilarious part. There are a lot of audiences out there that will like a whole bunch of different things.

kiguel182

Haha... Ithil...

But some people like the disheveled look. This is like how some people like tattoos and some don't. Just live with it. If it's a dealbreaker for you, don't cheer for them. Or get over yourself and appreciate what they do bring to the table that you like.

What I'm saying is I don't want to see Sephzilla's wrestling federation with a roster of 50 Randy Ortons.

Pretty much. But this is something that WWE doesn't get and why they are still obsessed with "the look". Oh well.

Top Bottom