• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Sephzilla

But some people like the disheveled look. This is like how some people like tattoos and some don't. Just live with it. If it's a dealbreaker for you, don't cheer for them. Or get over yourself and appreciate what they do bring to the table that you like.

What I'm saying is I don't want to see Sephzilla's wrestling federation with a roster of 50 Randy Ortons.

You're making an awful lot of false equivalencies. Me wanting Daniel Bryan to trim his hair and beard is not the same as me wanting a roster of 50 Randy Ortons.

I honestly can't think of a single memorable Rey match in WWE. I remember him being sprayed with champagne before losing to Cena, and him getting tossed like a ragdoll by Batista, but that's it.

Zach

You're making an awful lot of false equivalencies. Me wanting Daniel Bryan to trim his hair and beard is not the same as me wanting a roster of 50 Randy Ortons.

Uh-oh. We've resorted to The Big Book of Logical Fallacies because this is a high school debate. I thought we were bros having a talk-talk. Whatevz, former pal Sephzilla, you no-good NVM.

First month of Highspots Network is now free:
CirJCq_W0AEoTjY.jpg

Genuinely, this is a real good offer people should check out. Got a couple of older PROGRESS shows on there, Rev Pro including Nakamura matches & AJ Styles' last indy match, PWG archives up to a year or so ago, CZW, everyone should find something to enjoy there.

I might give this a try.

Zach

This is a guy who you can build a company around

Sure, he's a gah dang cutie pie there. But I also liked his long hair in the ponytail thing he had going for a bit there at the end.

Now go back to your WWE 2K16 Universe Mode full of 100 created wrestlers with Haircut 01.

Kaladin

Friends, I'm going MIA over the next 2.5 weeks. It's time to get hitched and have a honeymoon. It's also coincidentally the longest vacation stretch I've had from work in a decade. That's going to be weird. I'll also likely not be watching Extreme Rules live as we'll be enjoying our first night in Key West then. I've been looking forward to this stretch for a long time.

Heeey. It's that song from GTA V. Liking it already, Kaladin. Thanks.

Glad you're digging it, it's a great album. FYI, if you're interested in the western side of country and western, look up Bob Wills as referenced in the track "Bob Wills Is Still The King". It's a different kind of music, but good stuff.

DMczaf

Friends, I'm going MIA over the next 2.5 weeks. It's time to get hitched and have a honeymoon. It's also coincidentally the longest vacation stretch I've had from work in a decade. That's going to be weird. I'll also likely not be watching Extreme Rules live as we'll be enjoying our first night in Key West then. I've been looking forward to this stretch for a long time.

That's a long time away. We're gonna have to give your spot away to one of the young and hungry guys waiting for their shot.

Glad you're digging it, it's a great album. FYI, if you're interested in the western side of country and western, look up Bob Wills as referenced in the track "Bob Wills Is Still The King". It's a different kind of music, but good stuff.
Congratulations, enjoy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That change that Punk wanted; the reality is as long as your handcuffed to revenue from advertisement, which the WWE is as it keeps pushing to build its own subscriber base, seemingly to become self efficient, you are at the mercy of major corporations that have their own brand to protect. That's why these champions have a tough job because they need to hit all the checkboxes not just for wwe, for a car company, a sport company, a restaurant....whatever... to keep the revenue in while also building a character to appease the fanbase and keep ratings up, again, so advertisers can get their product across.

It's an intertwined vicious cycle and while we tend give these performers a lot of shit, I have zero doubt that WWE want to keep the business growing and will do what they can to groom their workers to help them do it. the talent have a tough , tough gig.
Just like captain America: civil War

Enjoy yourself Kaladin, take time to escape from the carny life before it reclaims you.

I honestly can't think of a single memorable Rey match in WWE. I remember him being sprayed with champagne before losing to Cena, and him getting tossed like a ragdoll by Batista, but that's it.

I may have knocked old man Rey and his shaky knees but if I were to go to bat for him...
- Obligatory mention of Smackdown Six era Rey when he could still do the West Coast Pop, some good stuff in there, mainly the No Mercy and Survivor Series 2002 tag stuff.
- He had a decent feud with Jericho in 2009 that produced some good PPV matches
- Of all his CM Punk matches the best one was actually outside their rivalry at Armageddon 2008
- That one chamber match where it came down to him and Edge at the end was way better than one would expect from that scenario...actually discount this because I'm sure he eliminates Kane with that bloody bellyflop.
- the infamous ladder match at Summerslam 2005 for the custody of Dominik, it's flawed and stupid which in turn is why it's actually memorable.
- I think some folks liked his match with the Sabu, F that non conclusive finish though.

There you go Rey, let it not be said that I only enjoyed you in WWE for being hilariously mauled by Batista.
edit: Oh yeah, vs Cody Rhodes, good reminder Data as that may be a WWE best for both men.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
who are you kidding, we don't get new posters

also i think people liked rey vs cody and rey vs punk. but none of htat compares to rey vs psicosis or rey vs ultimo etc

jmdajr

You know all the bullshit that Wrestlers don't want to do outside the ring is basically how Miz became champ.

It's gotta be a huge reality check when the shit you do on the show is like probably 10% of the fucking job. Slight exaggeration but yes.

Dependability in the workforce and well...many avenues of life is often far more important than talent.

Kaladin

Someone was asking when Cruiserweight Classic/GCS tickets were going on sale

https://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/article/cruiserweight-classic-tickets-full-sail

answer: Friday

Oh shit....I might have to try and get tickets to one of those. I wonder if the September date is a live event.

Have fun on the Honeymoon, Kaladin.

Have a good time, friend Kaladin!

That's a long time away. We're gonna have to give your spot away to one of the young and hungry guys waiting for their shot.

Looks like it's klonere's time to shine!

Congratulations, enjoy.

Enjoy yourself Kaladin, take time to escape from the carny life before it reclaims you.

Thanks guys....looking forward to this.

Dude, I've been to The Home of Bob Wills like 100 times.

puma-mundo-awesome-handshake-bro.gif

I feel like I need to unfortunately remind some of you that cage matches in the modern day WWE product are pretty arse, I'm not sure if NXT has the power to buck this trend.

But never mind that, it's all about the ASYLUM match.

His match against Morrison for the intercontinental title in SD was amazing, my favorite Rey match in WWE. He also had a series of good matches against Ziggler during that time.

First month of Highspots Network is now free:
CirJCq_W0AEoTjY.jpg

Genuinely, this is a real good offer people should check out. Got a couple of older PROGRESS shows on there, Rev Pro including Nakamura matches & AJ Styles' last indy match, PWG archives up to a year or so ago, CZW, everyone should find something to enjoy there.

Yeah this is a really great deal. They've added enough stuff I'd say this is certainly worth a free month

His match against Morrison for the intercontinental title in SD was amazing, my favorite Rey match in WWE. He also had a series of good matches against Ziggler during that time.

Oh yeah, this must've been during that small window in 2009 where Smackdown almost had a SD six sequel with Punk, Hardy, Jericho, Rey, Ziggler and Morrison putting in work each week.

Only for Batista to be sent over for star power purposes and ending that little run, I love ya big Dave but dammit Dave.

Oh yeah, this must've been during that small window in 2009 where Smackdown almost had a SD six sequel with Punk, Hardy, Jericho, Rey, Ziggler and Morrison putting in work each week.

Only for Batista to be sent over for star power purposes and ending that little run, I love ya big Dave but dammit Dave.

Yeah, Rey got the tiitle from Jericho in a really good match, then feuded with Ziggler for it, and finally lost it in a great match against Morrison. Then Morrison and Ziggler feuded for the tittle having some decent matches. Good SD era.

Smackdown was pretty good for a while. I'm thinking King BOOKAH through Edge and Vickie era. All that.

klonere

Banned
Looks like it's klonere's time to shine!

When you call my name it's like a little prayer
I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there
In the midnight hour I can feel your power
Just like a prayer you know I'll take you there

rqdv0br.gif

I feel like I need to unfortunately remind some of you that cage matches in the modern day WWE product are pretty arse, I'm not sure if NXT has the power to buck this trend.

But never mind that, it's all about the ASYLUM match.

Nah, Joe's gonna go to Hunter and say "Look I wrestled fucking Kobashi let me stiff the fuck out of this guy on your TV show" and Hunter's recently awakened puro smark spirit will make him say "You go do that Joe, of course".

Then Balor is gonna cosy him up in the corner of the PC and watch old Harley Race and Flair tape. They'll watch in silence, totally absorbed in the action until the very end where Finn says "They used to bleed like real men..." and gives him that stupid smile he has. Day of the show Finn and Joe look at the format sheet and see "DOUBLE JUICE, 45 MINUTES" in big green felt tip pen underneath their match listing.

All hail.

Top Bottom