• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Barrage

Really wished someone had GIFed The Rock from RAW 352 during the run-up to Wrestlemania.

The Rock does an impression of HHHs opening promos thats pretty timeless.

Actually, HHH goes IN on the Rock as well. Holy shit, these dudes got heated.

Zach

True, true. In the spirit of which, let's have it as a Euro friendly pre-Raw snack.

Monday. 5pm Central, 6pm Eastern, 11pm UK

He informs me he's checked with Mods, and it is permitted.
I'll be at work still and probably won't be able to watch then. Which is fine. Where will it be available on demand? YouTube? I'm sure you'll post all the details later.

Zach

Zach, you mentioned WWE overstating legacies before and that's always been on my mind how much they control that.
Yeah, sucks for some dudes. But that's what they get for being in such a silly business, I suppose. I just feel bad for the kids who grow up and think Triple H was the cream of the crop, those poor ignorant souls.

LpG3fYq.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Metaleón & Tritón vs Golden Magic & Puma was real fun. Lucha Azteca is like one of hte best promotions in the world though

Metaleon and Puma have such great tights. I love fur on he tights for Metaleon

Yeah, sucks for some dudes. But that's what they get for being in such a silly business, I suppose. I just feel bad for the kids who grow up and think Triple H was the cream of the crop, those poor ignorant souls.

Or that HBK is better than Eddie Guerrero.

I don't know what you're talking about. When I watched the first couple matches earlier he was commentating like usual. Does Dr. Death come out later and remove him from commentary? I sure hope so.
😊

Damn Steph.

Also Its so sad how everything was better back then, I mean everything top to bottom.

WWE have doen a good job of destroying the prodct for the last 15 years. A damn fine job.
Booking with care and no Hollywood guys.

Trish stratus has been killing lita lately.

True, true. In the spirit of which, let's have it as a Euro friendly pre-Raw snack.

11pm works for me. Since I'm on holiday until mid-June, I need to decide whether the 4ams are worth it.

Sephzilla

I'm cool with these times, that's right when I get home from work

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Big Dave supports Stephanie and her slap move. More people should be as open minded.

y84TIOO.png

Zach

Yeah, don't spoil picks. That's part of the fun.

Can't wait to see my guy go at it with Jimmy King's pick of Steve "Mongo" McMichael.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah midnight on a workday isn't Euro friendly, friend. :(

Yeah, don't spoil picks. That's part of the fun.

Can't wait to see my guy go at it with Jimmy King's pick of Steve "Mongo" McMichael.

WrassleGAF should be so lucky if my pick is Mongo.

Also Flair getting slapped by Steph really isn't a big deal. He bumps for refs.

Hah, I thought he looked familiar. US WrassleGAF grew up poorer for not having Knightmare growing up;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBQL4zsyKLk

Yes I'm hours late... but you aren't wrong. Knightmare was brilliant. Punishingly difficult kid's game shows where winning nets your respect instead of a Sega Genesis (like in the much easier French version) is an area of kids entertainment that is sorely missed now.

Plus I bet there's a good amount of crossover between British wrestling fans of a certain age and people who grew up with Knightmare.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe if you weren't so focused on making snide tweets to wrusslers on tweeter, Matthew, you would have managed to get entered! Harrumph!

Yeah midnight on a workday isn't Euro friendly, friend. :(

ish, better than 2-3-4am! I didn't want to make it too early for the Yanks. Sorry friend :(

I'll be at work still and probably won't be able to watch then. Which is fine. Where will it be available on demand? YouTube? I'm sure you'll post all the details later.

It'll be streamed an on demand on Youtube.

Participants will be a mystery!

Zach

In the Colossal Avatar Tussle, I hope to see:

- Bobby Heenan in a weasel suit
- El Dandy
- Data West Presents Disco Inferno eliminated first

Yes I'm hours late... but you aren't wrong. Knightmare was brilliant. Punishingly difficult kid's game shows where winning nets your respect instead of a Sega Genesis (like in the much easier French version) is an area of kids entertainment that is sorely missed now.

Plus I bet there's a good amount of crossover between British wrestling fans of a certain age and people who grew up with Knightmare.

I'm just below that certain age, seems it stopped a month after a was born, so I never ended up watching it. Speaking of the Wrestling/Knightmare crossover, I can't think of anything that topped the time Sheamus referenced Father Ted in a promo, probably the biggest I ever marked out for him.

EDIT: Also, bloody hell, the commentators trying to hype the Outsiders angle and there's the Disco Inferno's music on the background, my boy ruining any notion of seriousness.

Top Bottom