• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sdasddsasad92xw6.gif

years
old

Zach

So right before X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon DX did a little interview in the back about how they were here in full force and Shane and co. best recognize!

And now X-Pac has been attacked by three Corporation members and at least three Mean Street Posse members and he's even been beaten with a leather strap by Shane.

No sign of DX.

Edit: My god! Triple H has joined The Corporation, I guess! And now new good guy I guess Kane is here! So much nonsense! SwerveaMania!

So right before X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon DX did a little interview in the back about how they were here in full force and Shane and co. best recognize!

And now X-Pac has been attacked by three Corporation members and at least three Mean Street Posse members and he's even been beaten with a leather strap by Shane.

No sign of DX.
Maybe they were paid off by the corporation.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Stats don't matter in the Rumble. People at 100 overall can get eliminated in seconds. Just let the madness happen. Fuck it.

Zach

I don't know how I feel about hanged Big Bossman. >_>

Haha, never mind. They go straight into a silly WrestleMania promotional thing that's all kinds of goofy, completely ruining any significant effect the Bossman segment could've had.

Nekofrog

Banned
I think my biggest disappointment of the attitude era was Jim Ross being out due to bells palsy while Mick Foley was having his run :(

Nekofrog

Banned
Fans, don't even think about changing the channel, because we've learned that at our competition, Mick Foley, who used to wrestle here as Cactus Jack, is going to win their world title! Heh, talk about putting asses in the seats.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fans, don't even think about changing the channel, because we've learned that at our competition, Mick Foley, who used to wrestle here as Cactus Jack, is going to win their world title! Heh, talk about putting asses in the seats.

It's always funny to talk about how dumb WCW was for mentioning that

when they ran weeks after weeks of ads on raw advertising that Hogan and Macho Man and Mean Gene were on the other wrestling show

Zach

I'm simulating a 10-man battle royal out of Avatar Tussle excitement.

Nakamura and Kevin Von Erich starting things off...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
2 hour Nitros begin now.

nWo begins now.

Oh boy.

Weird but true fact:

3 hour Nitros are generally better than two hour ones.

One hour Nitros are even better but that really doesn't last long at all. 3 hour Nitros start just as RAW lights a fire under their ass so the first hour is generally fantastic to hook people and keep them from switching. Two hour Nitros is when they were blowing Raw out of the water and generally didn't try as hard.

Zach

It's always funny to talk about how dumb WCW was for mentioning that

when they ran weeks after weeks of ads on raw advertising that Hogan and Macho Man and Mean Gene were on the other wrestling show
If there's anything I've learned from my Wrassle Watch Series it's that WCW gets a lot of grief for things the WWF did, too. Yet some people act like stupidity is unique to WCW. It's weird.

My god, Dr. Death has entered the Tussle!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If there's anything I've learned from my Wrassle Watch Series is that WCW gets a lot of grief for things the WWF did, too. Yet some people act like stupidity is unique to WCW. It's weird.

My god, Dr. Death has entered the Tussle!

It happens the same night as the finger polk of doom and the dumb as hell Golberg is a rapist angle. It's the first time in months that they tried spoiling the results and you could track the viewers taking Schiavone's advice and doing it.

It's quite nearly the worst thing they've ever done in the direct competition era. The Tonight Show sketch is worse, as is the month where they don't wrestle in the first hour at all. The only comparable foible on the RAW side was the Brawl for All which just ate up giant chunks of RAW for a month.

Zach

Six dudes currently in the Tussle (no eliminations):

1. Nakamura
2. Kevin Von Erich
3. Dr. Death
4. [my mystery Avatar Tussle entrant]
5. Scott Hall
6. Jushin Thunder Liger

I thought Glacier was the pretty cool when first watch Nitro back in the day, but now it's kinda of weird how much they build that character and other characters like him.

Zach

It happens the same night as the finger polk of doom and the dumb as hell Golberg is a rapist angle. It's the first time in months that they tried spoiling the results and you could track the viewers taking Schiavone's advice and doing it.

It's quite nearly the worst thing they've ever done in the direct competition era. The Tonight Show sketch is worse, as is the month where they don't wrestle in the first hour at all. The only comparable foible on the RAW side was the Brawl for All which just ate up giant chunks of RAW for a month.
Have you heard of a little thing called the Attitude Era?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Have you heard of a little thing called the Attitude Era?

I'm starting WM 14 tonight, so...yes. Yes I have.

I watched a lot of RAW and Nitro back then too! The night after Mania is when I came back into wrestling and watched both shows almost every week without fail.

Zach

Kevin Von Erich, Scott Hall, and my mystery man are all gone!

And there goes Nakamura!

Apparently the next guy is taking forever to load...

Dr. Death gone! Liger's all alone in the ring as...

Jimmy Jam Garvin enters the fray!!

Zach

The Texas Tornado is in to avenge his brother! And here comes... The Native American Tatanka!!

Jimmy Jam's been eliminated by Tatanka!

Tornado's tossed by Tatanka and Liger!

Here comes the final entrant (right?)... it's Terry "Bam Bam" Gordy!

Zach

Mah god almighty, Tatanka has eliminated Gordy! And then Liger. That wasn't very exciting. :(

Well there you have it, guys. If someone picked Tatanka, you're the favorite to win it all. Liger was pretty dominant, too, so I've got him pegged as a dark horse contender.

Top Bottom