• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

I thought Glacier was the pretty cool when first watch Nitro back in the day, but now it's kinda of weird how much they build that character and other characters like him.
Sub zero mother fucker

Zach

Oh hey, this is the infamous match where Austin enters the ring in a T-shirt because he forgot his vest at home or some crap. I remember him talking about it on his podcast. It kinda ruins the effect.

At least The Rock isn't wearing his pajamas for this match.

Oh hey, this is the infamous match where Austin enters the ring in a T-shirt because he forgot his vest at home or some crap. I remember him talking about it on his podcast. It kinda ruins the effect.

At least The Rock isn't wearing his pajamas for this match.
Yeah apparently, he was having an argument with his wife and he just left and forgot his vests.

Dave Batista tweets with the pure confidence and don't-give-a-fuck-iness of a man who knows he never has to listen to WWE again.

He is a god and I will always treasure him above any and all other gods

I got to start watching more Joshi wrestling, anyone got any recommendation ?
EMzER0p.gif

You must have missed my Meiko Satomura week, friend!

I have the links to the matches in my write-ups, so here you go.

Start off with Team Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, Dash Chisako, and Sendai Sachiko) vs. Team ROH (Mike Bennett and the Young Bucks) from Chikara's King of Trios 2012. It has English commentary, so it's probably the easiest entry point.

You could then check out Nanae Takahashi vs. Meiko Satomura from 2012 (a bruiser vs. a veteran type match), Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani from 2015 (a veteran invader vs. youngster match), Meiko Satomura vs. Syuri from this year (a strikers' battle with plenty of kicks to the head), and Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong from this year (the latest in their decades' long feud), the match that featured this spot:
sendai.gif

At the very least, watch Satomura vs. Kong, one of my early match of the year contenders.

If you're looking for something recent other than Meiko Satomura matches, you could poke around on RuTube or DailyMotion for matches featuring Syuri (a skilled striker who has retired from wrestling to fight MMA and kickboxing), Io Shirai, and Kairi Hojo, who all wrestle for Stardom. Stardom has its own stream, which carries a $4.99 monthly fee. Sendai Girls is a little more hit and miss to find these days, but it's better than it used to be.

If you're looking for historical stuff, this Bleacher Report article has ten matches that you could peruse.

Enjoy the Japanese female screaming and kicks to the head in the world of joshi.
aD3vzP7_460sa.gif

Fox318

Dave Batista tweets with the pure confidence and don't-give-a-fuck-iness of a man who knows he never has to listen to WWE again.

He is a god and I will always treasure him above any and all other gods

You want to get to a point where they have to come to you.

Right now only a few can say that:

Austin, HBK, Rock, Dave Batista, and Undertaker.

Zach

Well at least the Austin vs. McMahon saga has culminated and the heel authority figure schtick has run its course. That was kinda fun. Let's get back to some good old-fashioned wrasslin'. :D

Man, that intro takes me back.

And yeah, that song is much better than the current NXT theme song.

I don't think I can identify everyone in that opening. Bray, Seth, Summer Rae, Paige, Kassius Ohno, Ascension, Camacho, Alicia Fox, Leo Kruger/Adam Rose, Big E, Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods, and the King of Lean, Corey Graves. Was one of those guys Richie Steamboat? I think that's Mason Ryan?

Nekofrog

Banned
My Adventures through the Dark Souls series continues:

Dark Souls 2 isn't gripping me like Dark Souls 1 did. The biggest thing I loved about DS1 was being dropped into this place, with 0 idea of what's going on, and forcing my way through the game's interconnected environments and learning the shortcuts and paths through the areas to get to places quicker.

The bonfire lets me level up whenever I find one, instead of interrupting the flow of the game to go through a couple loading screens to get to the NPC and click through her dialogue that I've heard 50 times by now just to get to the level up screen, and then warp back to where I was and pick up again. Really breaks my immersion.

The areas so far are OK, but nothing like randomly stumbling upon cool places like the spooky city in DS1 so far.

The lock on camera is going bonkers. I was in a boss area fighting like 50 rats all at once and instead of ever locking onto the rat directly in front of me it would spin around to a rat that was like 15 feet away and not a threat and lock onto him instead. I feel like I'm fighting the camera way more in this game than the previous. Sometimes there's an enemy closer to me to my right and instead of locking onto him for a quick kill it decides to lock onto the guy further away in front of me. Is there something I'm not getting/doing wrong with the lock on system?

So far:

DS1 10/10
DS2 6/10 but i'm not super far into it.

EDIT: I just remembered that in DS2, there's almost always 1-2 phantom summon things before every single boss (the rat one was the only one so far that didn't have one) and they make the boss fights a complete joke. Maybe I did something wrong in DS1 but I didn't have a single one in that game, I was 1v1 the whole time.

RBH

I don't think I can identify everyone in that opening. Bray, Seth, Summer Rae, Paige, Kassius Ohno, Ascension, Camacho, Alicia Fox, Leo Kruger/Adam Rose, Big E, Bo Dallas, Xavier Woods, and the King of Lean, Corey Graves. Was one of those guys Richie Steamboat? I think that's Mason Ryan?

Richie Steamboat was there, and also Jinder Mahal

somedevil

I enjoyed that Nia vs Bayley match.

So the next NXT takeover matches so far"

Joe vs Balor Cage match
Revival vs American Alpha
Asuka vs
Nia Jax

What'd you think of that main event, Zach? So very Attitude Era. Lots of brawling. Not my style.

mHiMjL9.gif

Mongo training vids > HBK/Bret Iron Man training vids

Meltzer keeps saying WCW is "killing" the cruiserweight division/title by doing this or that. So negative, Meltz. Have some faith.

Road Warriors left WCW after hearing what Nash and Hall were making, thinking they should be in that range.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Meltzer keeps saying WCW is "killing" the cruiserweight division/title by doing this or that. So negative, Meltz. Have some faith.

Road Warriors left WCW after hearing what Nash and Hall were making, thinking they should be in that range.

Senility, I think is what you call that

Terms of Turner's new NBA deal kick in, setting up a new night of pro hoops for TNT. Monday nights, once the NFL season wraps.

lmao so we now have maybe 2 months a year where Raw stands a chance at not having shit ratings

There's this video package of how great Hogan is, featuring a number of people Hulk Hogan totally is friends with and really likes, such as:

Shaq
Sugar Ray Leonard
Dennis Rodman
George Foreman

They should. Especially when you're getting a pop that sounds like a building has fell and everyone is reacting to it.

Scott Steiner

Scott too. Yes. How could I forget?

They should. Especially when you're getting a pop that sounds like a building has fell and everyone is reacting to it.

Counterpoint: fuck the Road Warriors.

Nah. Keep in mind he wasn't even available in Community Creations. I had to fire up WWE 2K16 and create him myself.

Edit: Oh, I get it. >_>

Good guess since I believe I entered the better Steiner last time.

I wasn't sure my guy was in community creations, but Flammable hasn't mentioned any issue, and there is one YouTube video of a CAW of him on 2k16.

Top Bottom