• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Adree

Carmella is still pretty godawful. Peyton Royce's weird poison ivy gimmick was more interesting in one match than anything Carmella has done.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Balor Club will never exist
I don't think so either, but I don't think "the Club" is going to stick. I think it's a placeholder name until they set up a full group. I'm gonna fall into a pit of despair if they put Orton in whatever it is, especially if he's the goddamn leader.

Who is this? What match? That's impressive.

I've never watched Joshi before. Someone link me to something.

That's Io Shirai, not sure which match - here's a highlight video though;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFtM26UstXw

Lots of STARDOM stuff has been taken off youtube/dailymotion since they started their own streaming service, STARDOM World: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzHuZkzGJRUtzIqIVReNLdA - it's geared towards English-speaking customers with subtitled promos & interviews and is pretty good value.

Menome

No Drifter on NXT, but hey we get some Peyton Royce television time, so it's all good.

0uVwQJ7.jpg

#VenusFlytrap

#AllGreenEverything

I don't think so either, but I don't think "the Club" is going to stick. I think it's a placeholder name until they set up a full group. I'm gonna fall into a pit of despair if they put Orton in whatever it is, especially if he's the goddamn leader.

People, stop hyping this up in your head and setting yourself up for disappointment if it doesn't come. Expect the lowest thing and this way when / if it happens you're shocked and happy.

Luger in 97-98 was best Luger.

He was so unintentionally funny. Me and my friend from school would always crack up at him. I can still hear his OWHF! wrestling sounds in my head.

lexlugerlol.jpg

I marked out when he beat Hogan, it really was a pretty big deal at the time and he was def seen as a 'leader' of WCW, maybe vice-captain to Sting. I never really saw much of him in WWF (I know now he was supposed to be big but never took off) but to me as a kid watching him in that 96-98 era WCW he was one of their top stars.

Zach

He was so unintentionally funny. Me and my friend from school would always crack up at him. I can still hear his OWHF! wrestling sounds in my head.

lexlugerlol.jpg

I marked out when he beat Hogan, it really was a pretty big deal at the time and he was def seen as a 'leader' of WCW, maybe vice-captain to Sting. I never really saw much of him in WWF (I know now he was supposed to be big but never took off) but to me as a kid watching him in that 96-98 era WCW he was one of their top stars.
Preach it, Conrad Link.

lexlugerlol.jpg

Greatest night in the history of our sport

https://youtu.be/MEuQRggqU7A

Happy annual Kane day everyone!
aoS71.gif

I must admit, things have been a touch quiet on the Good Guy Glenn front this year, it concerns me that there's a lack of Big Red TV time in this "new era" but I'm comfortable saying he'll still be around next year in 2017

shanafan

Happy annual Kane day everyone!
aoS71.gif

I must admit, things have been a touch quiet on the Good Guy Glenn front this year, it concerns me that there's a lack of Big Red TV time in this "new era" but I'm comfortable saying he'll still be around next year in 2017

Don't worry, he'll eliminate Apollo Crews, Karl Anderson, and Luke Gallows at next year's Royal Rumble.

http://season-zero.com/orange-is-th...king-on-a-women-wrestling-series-for-netflix/

"On the heels of the exceptional 3-season renewal offered to Orange Is The New Black (season 4 is coming on June, 17th), creator/executive producer/showrunner Jenji Kohan is working on a new series project for Netflix about women’s wrestling…

After her HBO show The Devil You Know was not picked up to series, Weeds and Orange is The New Black creator is back to work with another project for Netflix that should get an official order soon. GLOW is about a struggling actress in the 80s LA who wins a role on a low-budget show called ” Glow – Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling”. She’s thrust into the glitter and spandex world of women’s wrestling and she won’t give up without a fight. The pilot is written by Carly Mensch (Weeds, Nurse Jackie) & Liz Flahive (Homeland, Nurse Jackie) and executive produced by Jenji Kohan through her Tilted Productions shingle based at Lionsgate.

The idea is based on a documentary, that came out in 2012 and which was available on Netflix US, chronicling the rise and fall of the first ever all-female wrestling show through the stories of those who lived it.
This show really existed between 1986 and 1990 with 104 episodes produced. Most of the performers were actresses, models, dancers, and/or stunt women hoping to get into show business through wrestling. It was briefly revived in 2000. This is a another occasion for Kohan after Orange is the New Black to deal with women’s issues, through colorful and diverse characters of all shapes and sizes, and an heroine who knows nothing about this world but has no other choice but to delve into it.

Netflix is also working on a new comedy project produced by Seth Gordon (The Goldbergs, Horrible Bosses, Baywatch) and written by Robia Rashid (How I Met Your Mother) called Antartica, about a family and the wide-eyed, ill-guided 22-year-old autistic son. Sony Pictures Television is producing."

http://season-zero.com/orange-is-th...king-on-a-women-wrestling-series-for-netflix/

"On the heels of the exceptional 3-season renewal offered to Orange Is The New Black (season 4 is coming on June, 17th), creator/executive producer/showrunner Jenji Kohan is working on a new series project for Netflix about women’s wrestling…

After her HBO show The Devil You Know was not picked up to series, Weeds and Orange is The New Black creator is back to work with another project for Netflix that should get an official order soon. GLOW is about a struggling actress in the 80s LA who wins a role on a low-budget show called ” Glow – Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling”. She’s thrust into the glitter and spandex world of women’s wrestling and she won’t give up without a fight. The pilot is written by Carly Mensch (Weeds, Nurse Jackie) & Liz Flahive (Homeland, Nurse Jackie) and executive produced by Jenji Kohan through her Tilted Productions shingle based at Lionsgate.

The idea is based on a documentary, that came out in 2012 and which was available on Netflix US, chronicling the rise and fall of the first ever all-female wrestling show through the stories of those who lived it.
This show really existed between 1986 and 1990 with 104 episodes produced. Most of the performers were actresses, models, dancers, and/or stunt women hoping to get into show business through wrestling. It was briefly revived in 2000. This is a another occasion for Kohan after Orange is the New Black to deal with women’s issues, through colorful and diverse characters of all shapes and sizes, and an heroine who knows nothing about this world but has no other choice but to delve into it.

Netflix is also working on a new comedy project produced by Seth Gordon (The Goldbergs, Horrible Bosses, Baywatch) and written by Robia Rashid (How I Met Your Mother) called Antartica, about a family and the wide-eyed, ill-guided 22-year-old autistic son. Sony Pictures Television is producing."

This sounds great. The doc is really good if you haven't seen it

I'm still very impressed at how they've handled Carmella's character on NXT. The Blame & Murphy feud really helped cement Carmella as a face, no longer getting booed by the fans. I also like how they've handled Carmella staying in NXT with Enzo & Cass on the main roster as well, really helps her I think. so she can improve in ring.

That submission finisher is sweet too.

I'm sure he's making decent money but it bugs me how so many guys nearly kill themselves on the indies for so little that by the time that maybe they do get a chance to make some real money they've already don't so much damage to their bodies that their chance in doing so is probably going to be short.
No Drifter on NXT, but hey we get some Peyton Royce television time, so it's all good.
0uVwQJ7.jpg

#VenusFlytrap

#AllGreenEverything

She reminds me of LOTR movie elves for some reason, I kind of wish she wore gimmick ears.

Fitting for Bret, I remember slapping his hand at a house show many years ago and coming away with a wet, kind of slimy, maybe greasy hand.
Her hip will turn into dust in a few years.

She's got some thickness at least but yeah that and her spine... I still wish that they had her do something else and when she's finally on NXT TV (I'm still salty about her not debuting last week) saved it for when it really matters and it's treated like the super finisher it should be.

klonere

Banned
I kinda feel bad for posting that Ospreay gif because it's a bit unfair - he isn't quite taking bumps like that every night. Plus that match itself did deserve spots like that - it was the culmination of a 400+ day reign of a totally hated heel champion and an amazing moment. It made Ospreay in my eyes and was the top feud of a very hot indie promotion for a good stretch of time. Not your typical zero consequences, zero context ROH spots.

It's more stuff like when he does a top rope thing and lands on his feet, that will fuck up your leg, back that whole area and he might do it more than once a match. Like this

5ivvypK.gif

My hockey and wrestling worlds are combining again.

The Penguins have a line where the first initial of the last name of the 3 guys spells out ... HBK

Penguins media reached out to Michaels about coming to game 5 and now he might

I'm so afraid this is going to backfire in some screwjob or clique bull shit

Top Bottom