• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

lolmakingnewstars

– The WON reports that we will likely see a lot more of Stephanie McMahon heading into and through the fall. As was reported earlier this week, McMahon’s book is set for a September 27th release date and it is expected that she will be featured heavily through that date.

Stephanie is being marketed with the book as a popular part of WWE with a heavy social media presence, meaning that WWE will go heavy in social and mainstream press in promoting the book. McMahon is being pushed as the business face of the company, making it even more likely that she’ll be featured prominently to promote the book.

lmao if absolutely anyone in the thread defends this

Fox318

I'm so incredibly sick of seeing Stephanie McMahon on TV

Worst character in the history of wresting.

I dare people to find a character that refuses to give away their heat to a performer while also being pushed as the corporate babyface that uses sick and dying children to try and present herself as a credible business person.

Things like the one off with Brie. That went nowhere.

jmdajr

In positive news

8 yrs ago today I decided I needed help. Drugs and alcohol consumed me and everything I did on a daily basis. 8yrs ago I said NO MORE. Clean-GoldDust

shaowebb

I'm so incredibly sick of seeing Stephanie McMahon on TV

She was never any good to watch. She's like a badly acted out cartoon villain. Even her facial selling is ridiculous with the way she curls up her nose. Just nothing genuine to her character. Its just annoying to sit through.

Shane was at least GOOD on the mic instead of cliche.

So I take it she's winning the inevitable Shane feud too

So is Shane the most pointless hype return in modern wrestling? Literally only came back to benefit Steph and give Taker something to do at Mania

MC Safety

Worst character in the history of wresting.

I dare people to find a character that refuses to give away their heat to a performer while also being pushed as the corporate babyface that uses sick and dying children to try and present herself as a credible business person.

Things like the one off with Brie. That went nowhere.

A lot of the stuff the WWE does -- and has done for a very long time -- is just a vanity project.

The McMahons are in love with themselves and can't bear not to be the stars of their own programming. Even when it's to the detriment of the product or their company's well-being.

lolmakingnewstars

– The WON reports that we will likely see a lot more of Stephanie McMahon heading into and through the fall. As was reported earlier this week, McMahon’s book is set for a September 27th release date and it is expected that she will be featured heavily through that date.

Stephanie is being marketed with the book as a popular part of WWE with a heavy social media presence, meaning that WWE will go heavy in social and mainstream press in promoting the book. McMahon is being pushed as the business face of the company, making it even more likely that she’ll be featured prominently to promote the book.
This can only be for the better. Social media is the best way for the company to feel the pulse of the WWE Universe, by using tools such as polls and "hashtags".

Generally when a WWE fan sees a sports entertainer like Stephanie on their televisions (or any other screen thanks to the hugely successful WWE Network, available for just $9.99 a month) they want to know as much as they can about that Superstar, and just as the WWE Superstars "work out" to keep their bodies in shape, the WWE Universe likes to exercise their minds by reading to create bolder and better opportunities for themselves and their families in the future.

Tom Nook

Happy Kaneiversary #May19

It's been 10 years since this came out?

see_no_evil_1.jpg

I'm getting too old this shit!!

klonere

Banned
lolmakingnewstars

2681576-ijustwanttodie@comcast.net.png

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope AJ Lee's book comes out around the same time and buries the fuck out of WWE and Steph, that would be fun.

Sephzilla

John Cena ‏@JohnCena 11m11 minutes ago

Honored and excited to host the 2016 @ESPYS. Wednesday, July 13 will be a date to remember, I promise that.

Cena hosting something that's decently mainstream. Vince is probably hard as fuck right now.

In positive news

8 yrs ago today I decided I needed help. Drugs and alcohol consumed me and everything I did on a daily basis. 8yrs ago I said NO MORE. Clean-GoldDust

Saw that RTd this morning, clicked over to his Twitter profile, and two posts up from that fucking spoiled me on last night's Survivor finale.
giphy.gif

Anth0ny

lolmakingnewstars

so happy i stopped watching

soooooooooooooo happy

jmdajr

Do you need permission from WWE to not fight people on Twitter? I'm sure they have to have some kind of policy.

Trollicho has made good use of it.

Hell our next President might be the biggest twitter Troll of all time.

jmdajr

lolmakingnewstars

So we are going to try and sorta be a face again?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know, if HBK hadn't taken a five year break from wrestling he'd totally have a rematch with Austin as Tyson definitely gave him a fast count on that stunner.

klonere

Banned
Damn Meltz is so high on American Alpha. Buried the shit out of the New Day, saying they don't do anything with the belts which is kinda true. But apart from Kevin, Roman and AJ I don't think anyone consistently puts emphasis on championships, whether they have them or not and Roman only started that since he won it at WM.

I know Meltz wants AA to raise the prestige of the Tag Belts but New Day is a marketing, merchandise juggernaut and are going to be the focus of the division for the foreseeable future with or without the belt. Bringing up AA, sticking the belts on them won't do anything - we'll still get 10 to 15 minutes New Day wacky ass segments and they'll be more over than two relatively charismatic dudes who happen to be good wrestlers. Once you stretch AAs shtick to Raw & Smackdown rather than the occasional squash on NXT and a Takeover every 4 months they will wear thin as champs soon. Plus its the fucking WWE Tag division who gives a fuck.

RBH

CiyOWfNWYAENh_1.jpg

Is the original HBK coming to Pittsburgh to watch the Penguins’ line named after him? It’s sure looking like it.

The Pittsburgh Penguins have been on a tear for the past few months.

A major reason for that is the play of Carl Hagelin, Nick Bonino and Phil Kessel. Nicknames in hockey aren’t anything new, so it was only naturalthat one be bestowed upon that line.

Hence, the HBK Line was born. Wrestling fans may be familiar with those three letters.

WWE legend Shawn Michaels, aka “The Heartbreak Kid” is the original HBK.

Whenever the HBK Line scores, Twitter is flooded with GIFs of Michaels in the squared circle. So much so, that Michaels has taken notice and is now cheering on the Penguins.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...-original-hbk-to-game-5/#.Vz2zbZ66BFo.twitter

bjork

Thinking seriously about it sounds like something your mom says when you ask for a new Genesis game at Target

then you don't get it

Barrage

Owens has been impressing a lot of people with his work on the mic and in the ring and it has turned Vince McMahon into a big supporter of his. Vince is reportedly past his issues with Owens look and its also been reported that he is currently penciled in for a main event push once his feud with Zayn ends.

Mmmmm

With Emma currently sidelined due to injury, there is talk behind the scenes of Eva Marie becoming Brooke’s new partner.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dana doesn't need a partner

She's a star. Plus no one needs a partner to beat that jobber Becky Lynch

Becky's gonna get her win back. In fact, I'm not actually sure why Becky doesn't have a match at the PPV but Corbin does given Corbin is pretty dead.

Top Bottom