• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Meltzer's just a mark for big spots. It's why he likes Roma, who's all spots, preferred King's Road over 90s NJPW, gave those two Dragon Gate ROH 6-mans 5 stars, thinks the Young Bucks are anything but terrible, thinks Manami Toyota is better than Dump Matsumoto. AA is all about big non-stop spots like the Steiners in the 90s.

Come at me.

CixZWqWUoAEcNjy.jpg

Zach

Meltzer's just a mark for big spots. It's why he likes Roma, who's all spots, preferred King's Road over 90s NJPW, gave those two Dragon Gate ROH 6-mans 5 stars, thinks the Young Bucks are anything but terrible, thinks Manami Toyota is better than Dump Matsumoto. AA is all about big non-stop spots like the Steiners in the 90s.

Come at me.

Everyone has their preferences.

AA is all about big non-stop spots like the Steiners in the 90s.

And while I don't think this is completely accurate, I don't see the problem regardless. : )

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I actually think the Steiners were a lot better about it due to their experience with olther, older teams.

Kind of sick of the Jason Jordan hot tag build tbqh

klonere

Banned
Holy shit a legit Asuka music video montage thing on NXT. I've never seen one of these within the WWE before.

I actually think the Steiners were a lot better about it due to their experience with olther, older teams.

gets better every time tbh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you take out AA, who's left in the NXT tag division? All you got then is the Revival and the Hype Bros.

Ciampa and Gargano
The Revival
Hype Bros
Mighty Don't Kneel

I don't think there's normally more than 4 teams total anyways. You have to remember that NXT in fact has a lot more guys than the ones that get on TV. The ones that get on TV are there to be groomed to go to the main roster. Its the same way they have La Sombra who by all accounts gets over on his work every time but he's not on TV; they don't think he's at the point where he's ready to be a TV guy.

XenoRaven

I haven't been watching NXT but can someone explain AA's tag finisher to me? It looks like one dude just passes someone to the other dude to do a regular belly to back suplex.

We're potentially getting Nagata vs Nakajima at the next Lion's Gate show. Their interactions today in the main event of Lion's Gate 2 were awesome, as was seeing Nakajima and Kojima kicking the shit out of each other.

Also, Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuo Kitamiya are expected to make their pro-debuts at LG3, which should be worth a watch. Today's show was pretty good, definitely check out Jay White vs Marufuji (who was being a dick) and Juice Robinson vs Go Shiozaki (who tried to decapitate Juice).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We're potentially getting Nagata vs Nakajima at the next Lion's Gate show. Their interactions today in the main event of Lion's Gate 2 were awesome, as was seeing Nakajima and Kojima kicking the shit out of each other.

Also, Tomoyuki Oka & Katsuo Kitamiya are expected to make their pro-debuts at LG3, which should be worth a watch. Today's show was pretty good, definitely check out Jay White vs Marufuji (who was being a dick) and Juice Robinson vs Go Shiozaki (who tried to decapitate Juice).
Great! I'm all for Nagata vs Nakajima. I haven't seent their interactions though. I want to sometime. I'm sure some animated heefs are on Larry Otto's Twitter machine yes?

Zach

Yeah, they've been a little formulaic as of late... but that's wrestling (that I know) in 2016!

Black and Murphy too.

I like Blake and Murphy a lot. Especially with whatserface.

Ciampa and Gargano
The Revival
Hype Bros
Mighty Don't Kneel

Ciampa and Gargano haven't done anything for me. I feel like I'm missing something.

The Revival are solid, but boooy does that one guy have the worst look ever.

The Hype Bros are completely unlikeable.

I don't know what The Mighty Don't Kneel is. I haven't watched this week's NXT. Maybe not last week's either. Are they on TV?

klonere

Banned
I haven't been watching NXT but can someone explain AA's tag finisher to me? It looks like one dude just passes someone to the other dude to do a regular belly to back suplex.

They throw the dude in the air so their is greater impact on the slam. Pretty easy to get imo. Sometimes they nearly kill the dude.

H1Ctp7F.gif

Gonna watch it after NXT. Heard good stuff about it this morning and gotta see my boy
Marufuji
in action.

Great! I'm all for Nagata vs Nakajima. I haven't seent their interactions though. I want to sometime. I'm sure some animated heefs are on Larry Otto's Twitter machine yes?

A few, but not any of the Nagata/Nakajima stuff, which was generally an extended sequence of the both of them kicking each other really hard, which doesn't really lend itself well to short GIFs :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A few, but not any of the Nagata/Nakajima stuff, which was generally an extended sequence of the both of them kicking each other really hard, which doesn't really lend itself well to short GIFs :p
Never met a jiff you can't gif. But yes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, they've been a little formulaic as of late... but that's wrestling (that I know) in 2016!

I like Blake and Murphy a lot. Especially with whatserface.

Ciampa and Gargano haven't done anything for me. I feel like I'm missing something.

The Revival are solid, but boooy does that one guy have the worst look ever.

The Hype Bros are completely unlikeable.

I don't know what The Mighty Don't Kneel is. I haven't watched this week's NXT. Maybe not last week's either. Are they on TV?
They're not on TV yet, I imagine they're getting repackaged. They have plenty of guys, they just haven't bothered to do anything with them because TV time on NXT is very limited. All I'm saying is that it doesn't mean they literally do not have enough tag teams.

Zach

So Sheamus successfully defended the world title against Alberto Del Rio at three PPVs in a row in 2012?

Glad I missed that...

Cagey

Banned
KSShLTm.jpg

Wrestling needs this kind of juice.

udnXV94l.jpg

Also fuck the pens for eliminating the Rangers.

King deserves a Ring for sticking with this shit team for years.

That pauper fuck will retire a forgotten man that never made an impact on the sport of hockey outside of that shitbox on top of Penn Station.

What's a King to a God, friend? The Goon knows what's up.

SCJ_47c.jpg

klonere

Banned
RE: Youtube

Despite massive YouTube viewership, this is a small segment for WWE, which was not even profitable in 2016Q1, as its OIBDA was -$100,000 for the quarter.

However it is very important to have official, easy to share, high quality clips from Raw and Youtube definitely keeps the WWE's mindshare up in countries it doesn't have TV deals in.

But it's not a money maker at all

Fox318

RE: Youtube

However it is very important to have official, easy to share, high quality clips from Raw and Youtube definitely keeps the WWE's mindshare up in countries it doesn't have TV deals in.

But it's not a money maker at all

Honestly if it wasn't for NBC overvaluing the viewership claim the company isn't really making great money.

Bronx-Man

Banned
The ratings might not matter as much as we make them out to be, but they still matter. Raw averaged 5 million viewers a show back in 2012, they've gone down to 3 million and decreasing in just 4 years. That's not good at all.

Top Bottom