• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
Well I still kinda hate Juice but that was a pretty fine match down the finishing stretch. Shiozaki needs the GHC title, like right now, he's way to good to be slumming it with Tanaguchi.

Nobody, not even Boots, has the time for all that. I just parachute in when I hear there's a great match, like the random AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave match from last year or the Kyle Matthews vs. Jimmy Rave match from January 2015 that got some buzz.

It's also a problem of numbers. When you're wrestling in front of near 20 people, as Jimmy Rave and Kyle Matthews do in this match, it's impossible to get the kind of buzz you'd get from even a Florida Evolve show that's attended by 500 people. It's a difference by an order of magnitude at that point.

And Yehi was very good live during WrestleMania weekend.

Agreed, all these Chip Day matches I took a look at probably had a combined audience of under 200 people. It's just not easy to get excited and say"Oh check this hot new shit out". Doesn't work when the hot new shit is in the school gym or a random bar in front of 45 comatose Southerners.

Zach

tumblr_nwjz10bpqO1ugbmoto1_500.png

Is this you, Jimmy King?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Disco's "SHAKE YOUR BOOTY" attire most. Not flashy. Just a neon color and that phrase on iron-on.

Scott Steiner vs. Booker T opens the Nash Nitro and it's a fun quick match. Years later they feud for the WHC.

Meltzer said:
I think they are going to keep the identity of the third member of the Nash & Hall team a secret until the 7/7 show. There are things that lead me to believe it may not be Lex Luger after all, which is a mistake. Rumors are flying it'll be Jeff Jarrett since Vince McMahon on the WWF hotline brought up Jarrett's name with Diesel and Ramon as expecting him to join WCW. Jarrett gave notice to Titan and is working out his notice in USWA and he is WCW bound, however his WWF contract doesn't expire until the fall so it probably won't be him. The WCW team will be Sting & Savage and either Flair or Luger.

If he only knew.

I like Disco's "SHAKE YOUR BOOTY" attire most. Not flashy. Just a neon color and that phrase on iron-on.

also a classic

klonere

Banned
Nobody, not even Boots, has the time for all that. I just parachute in when I hear there's a great match, like the random AJ Styles vs. Jimmy Rave match from last year or the Kyle Matthews vs. Jimmy Rave match from January 2015 that got some buzz.

It's also a problem of numbers. When you're wrestling in front of near 20 people, as Jimmy Rave and Kyle Matthews do in this match, it's impossible to get the kind of buzz you'd get from even a Florida Evolve show that's attended by 500 people. It's a difference by an order of magnitude at that point.

And Yehi was very good live during WrestleMania weekend.

That first Matthews/Rave match was pretty solid. Definitely a better crowd than most as well.

Metlz's snark level is off the charts sometimes.

It was amazing on WCW Saturday Night when the Steiners, Norton and Ice Train did an interview. Train's arms are so huge they actually make Norton and Rick Steiner look small and even dwarf Scott's bowling ball biceps. Speaking of Scott, if you're wondering how he looks the way he does, it's because he has great genetics. Also, guys who haven't signed contracts (which the Steiners haven't) don't get tested. As for the guys who have signed contracts that are so big and ripped at the same time nowadays in comparison with the WWF guys, I guess WCW simply draws its wrestlers from a more gifted gene pool. And if you ask why when those same guys were in WWF they were smaller, I guess some guys in their late 30s and early 40s can actually make great improvements in their physique through cultivating their enormous genetic potential which they were unable to do in WWF because they weren't as happy. If you buy that, I feel sorry for you.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Sunny, how long you going to be wearing that avatar bruh?
Hopefully not too much longer thanks to the Avatar Rumble.

It was originally slated for a year and that was the night after Wrestlemania

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Max Landis shows up and wins I'll cry. It's like escaping from prison to find out you're on a prison planet.

Man remember when Tyler Breeze won and had to face Brock Lesnar in the Mania ME?

Fox318

If Max Landis shows up and wins I'll cry. It's like escaping from prison to find out you're on a prison planet.

Man remember when Tyler Breeze won and had to face Brock Lesnar in the Mania ME?

didn't brock catch Breeze off the top rope to F5 him from the ring to the floor or something crazy?

it was a shoot

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Landis is going over, pal. And just like Breeze, he's gonna be a character on Raw.

oddjobs

the new NXT tag team is indeed TM61, consisting of Nick Miller and Shane Thorne - previously known as TMDK of Mikey Nicholls and Shane Veryzer. Their TV debut will be filmed tonight.

Zach

he would've killed WCW even earlier

You know, I've put in a lot of effort trying to see even the faintest glimmer of Top Guy-ness in Jarrett -- especially now that I'm in '99 -- and there is just absolutely nothing exciting or enticing about the man. It's insane. I just can't believe someone put him on top of a wrassle organization.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Where does everyone stand on Bischoff? I love the guy.

Top Bottom