• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Colocho

Banned
If someone were to show Brock Lesnar a picture of each participant in the 2016 Royal Rumble, how many do you think he could name?

Triple H
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose?
AJ Styles?
Goldust?
That's it?

somedevil

If someone were to show Brock Lesnar a picture of each participant in the 2016 Royal Rumble, how many do you think he could name?

Triple H
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose?
AJ Styles?
Goldust?
That's it?

He knows Kevin Owens because he pointed out the Japanese fan dressed like him in the crowd before Owens match against Balor in Japan.

Ci2ie5HVAAIZ6mh.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Triple H
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose?
AJ Styles?
Goldust?
That's it?

I'd like to think he could name Brock Lesnar.

Also, the NXT shows are going to be weird as fuck given the first episode is pre-Takeover and then the next few are post-Takeover.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's pretty funny realizing that like 7 months ago Sheamus cashed-in to get the WWE WHC. He's now jobbing to Dolph Ziggler on SmackDown.

Zach

Why doesn't stupid WWE use Mauro and Corey for half of RAW, Nitro-style? It'd break up the three hours of monotony, yeah?

somedevil

That's immediately who I thought of when I read they were premiering tonight.

Some on twitter said someone lost a tooth during the match. Here is the 4 announced matches for Takeover on June 6:

Balor vs Joe steel Cage
Revival vs American Alpha
Asuka vs
Nia Jax
Aries vs Nakamura

Don't know what the Fifth match will be though.

Laws00

Cesaro bleeding from the mouth

and i think they got the music wrong for kevin owens...wh yare they playing the miz theme song?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Final thoughts on WM 14:

Every match, even a fifteen tag team battle royale, has a story built in it. The aforementioned battle royale has the reunion of the LOD and their new manager Sunny, the continuation of the NWA/Bradshaw storyline, the breaking of the NOD, The Godwins/LOD, The entirety of the Gang Warfare staples.

Every match is at least decent. Rock/Shamrock is one of the best short matches ever, Rock raising the title while on the gurney being wheeled out is one of my favorite moments ever.

Pete Rose is a fantastic heel celebrity. His feud with Kane is legendary. Kane also gets massive face reactions against everybody besides Taker and Austin.

The only people who fly around more than Kane and Undertaker in their match are Taka Michinoku and Esse Rios. It is by far their best match and watching two near seven footers jump almost the entire way across the ring is crazy. The taker diving through the spanish announce table is great.

I've always dismissed the title match, but man, it's actually quite pleasant. It's nothing on their match when they were a tag team, but knowing that Michaels back is fucked (Last year I fucked my back and remember walking around exactly like he does whenever he's taking a break during the match) and the final ko punch from Tyson is really well shot. Down goes Michaels.

Final thoughts on WM 14:

Every match, even a fifteen tag team battle royale, has a story built in it. The aforementioned battle royale has the reunion of the LOD and their new manager Sunny, the continuation of the NWA/Bradshaw storyline, the breaking of the NOD, The Godwins/LOD, The entirety of the Gang Warfare staples.

Every match is at least decent. Rock/Shamrock is one of the best short matches ever, Rock raising the title while on the gurney being wheeled out is one of my favorite moments ever.

Pete Rose is a fantastic heel celebrity. His feud with Kane is legendary. Kane also gets massive face reactions against everybody besides Taker and Austin.

The only people who fly around more than Kane and Undertaker in their match are Taka Michinoku and Esse Rios. It is by far their best match and watching two near seven footers jump almost the entire way across the ring is crazy. The taker diving through the spanish announce table is great.

I've always dismissed the title match, but man, it's actually quite pleasant. It's nothing on their match when they were a tag team, but knowing that Michaels back is fucked (Last year I fucked my back and remember walking around exactly like he does whenever he's taking a break during the match) and the final ko punch from Tyson is really well shot. Down goes Michaels.
Not many people like 14 but it was one of the better AE ppvs imo. What a way to officially kick off the era(the way most people coin it. I wish the Taka Aguila match was longer but for 5 fucking min they put on a clinic. Shame we didn't get more.

Top Bottom