• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

He's coming home, friends...

giphy.gif

TAf6X9.gif

Powerbomb%2Bto%2BChairs%2B(Rollins).gif

Tgud9ni.gif

tumblr_o7ce7lnrrC1tqjisao2_250.gif

tumblr_o7ce7lnrrC1tqjisao1_250.gif

tumblr_o7e44zvCcp1u7nw6to2_400.gif

tumblr_o750rixikB1rmvjexo1_540.jpg

HVAAUGB.jpg

DMczaf

A bunch of you seem to love ol' Two Tone, the most loss laden world champion since Jack Thwagger.

Because despite the shit-tier booking he went through, that motherfucker put on great matches.

Even got an OK match out of motherfucking Kane before that dumb old motherfucker killed his knee!

Pikma

Banned
So AJ is a heel now? Really?

I can't believe the fuckers dared to turn him heel before turning fucking Reigns who's already the most booed guy on the roster, what. the. fuck.

The only consolation I have is that people are smarter than this shit and will keep supporting AJ (and the rest of the roster) over him

Anth0ny

holy shit survivor series is in toronto this year

that must be the first ppv here in like 20 years at least

crowd will "ruin" the show and they won't come back for another 20

UberTag

I can't believe the fuckers dared to turn him heel before turning fucking Reigns who's already the most booed guy on the roster, what. the. fuck.

The only consolation I have is that people are smarter than this shit and will keep supporting AJ (and the rest of the roster) over him
Rollins is going to come back as a heel as well.
In other news, Stephanie McMahon is now a beloved face.

Because despite the shit-tier booking he went through, that motherfucker put on great matches.

Even got an OK match out of motherfucking Kane before that dumb old motherfucker killed his knee!

You can't rewrite history. SSeth tried to do a dumb ass powerbomb with a guy 3 times bigger and better. Bones can only take so much abuse before something gives

Adree

Fallout 4 Far Harbor DLC is some real comfort food to tide me over until next week when Overwatch takes over.

Glad to see so many of you on #teamdana! She should team with Rusev and crush everyone.

KingBroly

Banned

He's a heel for this match only cuz 'we gotta make Roman look STRONK DAMMIT!' Gallows and Anderson will turn on him, costing him the title.

Or they turn on him after the match cuz Vince loves to bury people like a fucking idiot.

Adree

He's a heel for this match only cuz 'we gotta make Roman look STRONK DAMMIT!' Gallows and Anderson will turn on him, costing him the title.

Or they turn on him after the match cuz Vince loves to bury people like a fucking idiot.

Meltzer was saying that some after Extreme Rules house show matches are The Club vs Roman/Cena/Dean.

In their defense it's not like they have any other real viable top heels.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer was saying that some after Extreme Rules house show matches are The Club vs Roman/Cena/Dean.

In their defense it's not like they have any other real viable top heels.

I don't think he's a heel now, and I think they'll revert AJ to full on face when the feud ends and he smartens up to figure out his friends are heels.

The Best of the Super Jr. XXIII starts tomorrow, who's watching?

TziIDun.png

KUSHIDA/O'Reilly 3 should be a great main event, but they're saving some of the more intriguing matches for later in the tournament. I'm really looking forward to Ospreay vs Liger, Ospreay vs Ricochet and vs Volador Jr. should both be amazing as well. Shame not all of the shows are live, but they should be up on World within 24 hours.

klonere

Banned
The Best of the Super Jr. XXIII starts tomorrow, who's watching?

TziIDun.png

KUSHIDA/O'Reilly 3 should be a great main event, but they're saving some of the more intriguing matches for later in the tournament. I'm really looking forward to Ospreay vs Liger, Ospreay vs Ricochet and vs Volador Jr. should both be amazing as well. Shame not all of the shows are live, but they should be up on World within 24 hours.

I'm SO excited. I think BUSHI is a sleeper pick to go far - LIJ is so hot right now so giving BUSHI his bit of spotlight in that group only adds to its mystique and cool factor. EVIL got his big win over Goto and Naito continues to be incredible so polishing up BUSHI as more than "the mist guy" would be a great move. Hopefully they don't run the mist into the ground during the tourny either.

KUSHIDA has an insane summer ahead of him and could truly have a year for the ages if he manages to string this BoSJ, the G-1 and J-Cup all together with amazing performances. I am loving his run with the belt so far and expect him to do very well, perhaps getting to the finals. Although BUSHI vs KUSHIDA is on the last day so BUSHI and LIJ could cost the champ his spot in the finals. I just hope Ospreay doesn't come apart at the seams trying too much - he's got his contract now and hopefully someone takes him aside and says "oi stop landing on your feet off the top so much you stupid madafaka!".
Although in a company that's about to put Tana in a ladder match that probably won't happen

Can we commit to not spoiling the delayed shows in the thread at least? i have no faith I will actually avoid spoilers - I can't stay off twitter for the length of the tourny but it'd be nice to at least get through this weekend with some sense of mystery.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm probably the only one here who likes his theme. It was great when he'd wait for the pause in the song to march down with the belt.
It's generic butt rock and almost everyone new picked way better themes so it sounds even worse in comparison.

Like all of the dudes who came in later got good themes. Well Owens didn't, but his theme kind of suits him I guess.

KUSHIDA has an insane summer ahead of him and could truly have a year for the ages if he manages to string this BoSJ, the G-1 and J-Cup all together with amazing performances. I am loving his run with the belt so far and expect him to do very well, perhaps getting to the finals.

Not sure if KUSHIDA will win the tournament itself, but it could happen I guess and, if it does, I'd expect him to use his BoSJ win to gain entry into the G1. Either way, I think BUSHI's getting a push here and is a likely challenger for KUSHIDA's title at Dominion. He's got his mist to fall back on, so I'm hoping he leaves the other Ingobernables in the back and wins his matches (relatively) clean.

I know it's old news and hasn't been posted here yet, but David Finlay Jr. will replace Matt Jackson as the final entrant in the BOSJ 2016.

To me this seems like a mistake. Jay White has proven to be infinitely more talented, and the fact that they seem to be protecting him when he's a young lion and supposed to lose feels like a mistake to me. Unless they are positioning Jay more as a heavyweight, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but whatever.

Oh yeah, my pick is Osprey, all the way, probably beating KUSHIDA in the finals to lead to the rubber match at DOMINION.

klonere

Banned
I know it's old news and hasn't been posted here yet, but David Finlay Jr. will replace Matt Jackson as the final entrant in the BOSJ 2016.

To me this seems like a mistake. Jay White has proven to be infinitely more talented, and the fact that they seem to be protecting him when he's a young lion and supposed to lose feels like a mistake to me. Unless they are positioning Jay more as a heavyweight, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but whatever.

Oh yeah, my pick is Osprey, all the way, probably beating KUSHIDA in the finals to lead to the rubber match at DOMINION.

I can think of three reasons why he isn't in it

1) He's going on an excursion very soon and being in the tourny would affect that
2) They are bumping him straight to heavyweight and locking him in long term, ie the reverse Devitt/Balor
3) They are keeping him Jr. but don't want him to be beaten a load of times as they have big plans sooner than later (they let him go very even with Marufuji!)

Top Bottom