• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
1DjWi.jpg

iWWhdjj.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Got my tickets for all four nights of the Cruiserweight Classic. $62.40 for all four nights is not a bad price at all. Went back to look at tickets again after ordering, and it looks like it may already have sold out.
Great value. Gonna be scorching.

DMczaf

I still laugh at how Vince tricked HBK into getting into really great shape for WM32 by telling him Austin was going to show up in his ring gear.

Fox318

I still laugh at how Vince tricked HBK into getting into really great shape for WM32 by telling him Austin was going to show up in his ring gear.

I still love how Austin won't straight up say he won't wrestle again and even teased the Brock feud.

Then he shows up to mania with a torn rotator cuff and a beer gut.

HBK and Mick got in shape.

Browny

Banned
I still love how Austin won't straight up say he won't wrestle again and even teased the Brock feud.

Then he shows up to mania with a torn rotator cuff and a beer gut.

HBK and Mick got in shape.

I read Foley's wiki page a while ago - he "retired" at WM 2000 at the age of 34. I thought he was older. Now that's a hard career...

RBH

Guys. It's all over. Wrestling is dead. Wrestling... is dead.

Announcers are bickering more than ever. You can tell they're all miserable.

Schiavone is overbearing and has given up on WCW, admitting that nWo's way is the right way to win.

WCW is basically positioned as the heel in the story now.

Goldberg hasn't received a rematch or title match since losing at Starrcade under dubious circumstances months ago.

Riki Rachtman.

Konnan "Bow Wow Wow Yippy Yo Yippy Yay Viva La Raza All Day Every Day" videos every time I turn around.

A new set. A new logo. A new era.

It's all over.
You've now come across the darkest timeline. :(

I always associate the spaceship WCW logo with the company's decline.

Spring '99 actually has some highlights here and there, but wait until you get to the summer........

Mahonay

Banned
Speaking of Alexa Bliss, it's pretty nuts how rich in talent WWE is right now with female wrestlers. Eclipses any other era in WWE several times over.

Just wish Emma didn't get hurt :(

Also god damn what are they actually saving Sasha for? Bayley's call up? It feels like they are throwing away money but not featuring her on RAW or PPVs. Didn't watch RAW last week, was she on at all?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The matches take a nose dive and the fuck finishes become intolerable, though maybe not as pervasive as they are under Russo.

klonere

Banned
Speaking of Alexa Bliss, it's pretty nuts how rich in talent WWE is right now with female wrestlers. Eclipses any other era in WWE several times over.

Also god damn what are they actually saving Sasha for? Bayley's call up? It feels like they are throwing away money but not featuring her on RAW or PPVs. Didn't watch RAW last week, was she on at all?

Vince and/or Hunter really love her judging by her Mania presentation. They probably feel that the audience isn't ready for two women's stories at once or something along those lines and don't feel comfortable having Sasha being the guinea pig for such an experiment. Becky has been trialling that out instead and has been bounced all over the shop, from Youtube only builds to a random match here and there to finally a proper TV program.

They also might be keeping her off TV because that's the surest way of getting someone over they have honestly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If there's anything brother stro was 100% right about is that early 1999 is the worst bit of WCW.

Stro is usually right when it comes to wrasslin' insight. He's seen some shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Current WWE Fave Five:

1. Kevin -fucking- Owens
2. Nakamura
3. A.J Styles
4. Rusev
5. (can't believe I am typing this) Chris Jericho (SHUT UP AND LISTEN YOU STUPID IDIOTS: DON'T MOCK ME)

I see you decided to purposefully overlook Dana Brooke's amazing arms.

klonere

Banned
Payback & Youtube Raw Fav Fives

1. Kevin Owens
2. The Miz
3. AJ Styles
4. Becky Lynch
5. Charlotte

Its pretty much a tie between Roman and Charlotte, with the latter having to overcome more Stephanie in her segments than the former, putting her over the top just barely.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I would say mid-1999 is even worse than early 1999.

At least early '99 had Spring Stampede.

I consider early everything before Russo shows up...which is the very end of the year. 1999 is a bad year in general though so I'm just nitpicking.

Best guess is that Sasha's being saved for the summer when she challenges Charlotte for the belt and likely wins. They don't want to show her losing presumably. Becky in this feud with Emma (now Dana I guess) is more or less losing every week which sucks but is expected since her booking has always been up and down.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoyed Table for 3 with Molly Holly, McCool, and that other woman I didn't know much about. Molly talked a LOT more, and it was a lot better for it.

Best guess is that Sasha's being saved for the summer when she challenges Charlotte for the belt and likely wins. They don't want to show her losing presumably. Becky in this feud with Emma (now Dana I guess) is more or less losing every week which sucks but is expected since her booking has always been up and down.

This isn't MMA. There's a really simple way to make sure she doesn't lose between WrestleMania and SummerSlam: don't book her to lose. Book her against lower tier women like Alicia Fox and Summer Rae in one televised match every week. Have her cut a promo about how she's the best in the women's division because she's been unbeaten since WrestleMania, how Ric Flair helped to cost her the title, and how she's coming after Charlotte when Charlotte's done with Natalya.

Instead, they've given her two televised matches since WrestleMania: the Raw after 'Mania in a match against Summer Rae and the Raw from London in a tag match. Otherwise, she's disappeared in WWE's attempt to create a fan groundswell for her because they're chanting for her.

klonere

Banned

Becky's character can absorb more losses than Sasha's.

Not that that has ever helped people in the past, they'll beat you plenty anyway (Ambrose, Rusev, Rollins etc) but they sure are protecting the shit out of Sasha.

Just imagine: The Boss goes on tour, takes on local women's wrestlers at every city. Throw in a match against Emma before she got hurt at Payback or something.

It's not like the old ways stopped working just because the calendar changed.

Watch them try to artificially create a thing with Sasha now and ruin it lol.... oh gawd they're totally gonna do that aren't they?

Sasha no. >_<

kunonabi

Just randomly popping in to say that this version of R Truth should have gotten a title run. Seriously, that was some goddamn fine heeling, and R Truth really knows how to work a crowd. He truly has been one of the most underutilized guys in the WWE roster for a very long time.

His heel run with the title in the early TNA days was pretty impressive too. Fans would boo him when showed up, he would cut an awesome promo and the fans would start cheering him but by the end of the night he would make sure they were back to booing him.

Top Bottom