• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She could barely pick up Paige (in her Smackdown match) despite her muscles.
GrkrQsi.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Given that the women's division is a much larger percentage of the show than on the main roster, you think they'd introduce some new women who weren't treated like jobbers or close to it.

Angle v HHH v Eddie, all over women. If Hunter cared to know where Steph was, hw would've looked harder.

The year 2000, where Jaqueline is all about wrestling. I love it.

Heroman

Banned
You must have missed my Meiko Satomura week, friend!

I have the links to the matches in my write-ups, so here you go.

Start off with Team Sendai Girls (Meiko Satomura, Dash Chisako, and Sendai Sachiko) vs. Team ROH (Mike Bennett and the Young Bucks) from Chikara's King of Trios 2012. It has English commentary, so it's probably the easiest entry point.

You could then check out Nanae Takahashi vs. Meiko Satomura from 2012 (a bruiser vs. a veteran type match), Meiko Satomura vs. Mayu Iwatani from 2015 (a veteran invader vs. youngster match), Meiko Satomura vs. Syuri from this year (a strikers' battle with plenty of kicks to the head), and Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong from this year (the latest in their decades' long feud), the match that featured this spot:
sendai.gif

At the very least, watch Satomura vs. Kong, one of my early match of the year contenders.

If you're looking for something recent other than Meiko Satomura matches, you could poke around on RuTube or DailyMotion for matches featuring Syuri (a skilled striker who has retired from wrestling to fight MMA and kickboxing), Io Shirai, and Kairi Hojo, who all wrestle for Stardom. Stardom has its own stream, which carries a $4.99 monthly fee. Sendai Girls is a little more hit and miss to find these days, but it's better than it used to be.

If you're looking for historical stuff, this Bleacher Report article has ten matches that you could peruse.

Enjoy the Japanese female screaming and kicks to the head in the world of joshi.
aD3vzP7_460sa.gif

Thanks for the recommends, and Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong was
sogood.gif

Reports are that Breeze has a bad attitude backstage and is not taking to jobbing well.

Too bad Papa Trips aint gonna have much sympathy for him, given he had to job for almost a year straight after the curtain call. Man up.
#Breezebreaklegsforaspot

E:: Blue- Lie, Cheat, & Steal

Hex

Banned
Just got to the Total Divas ep when Dusty died, was like a punch to the gut.
Of course the Bellas were standing there blank like "who's Dusty?"

klonere

Banned
It's actually kind of scary how much better EVOLVE is at being ROH than ROH themselves.

Better, more interesting talent, great variety of styles, solid, mostly sensical main event stories and simple sports presentation.

This Lio Rush guy seems pretty fucking good.

Anth0ny

571EFc3.png

Ughh

TJ De Santis does way too many podcasts

good thing their podcasts are so long, delays like this are never an issue

they could easily get away with one podcast every other week. they dive deeper than another other mother fuckers on this planet.

Adree

If they cut out TJ's laughing and restating the punchlines of jokes each Lapsed Fan episode would only be an hour long.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
In my Nitro watch, Psychosis one of my favorite lucha wrestler in the WCW.

He was my favorite, easy. But don't sleep on Lizmark Jr and Silver King, and El Dandy and some others. Fantastic legit talent there.

And of course Blitzkreig.

Adree

He was my favorite, easy. But don't sleep on Lizmark Jr and Silver King, and El Dandy and some others. Fantastic legit talent there.

And of course Blitzkreig.

First hour of Nitro was basically NXT. They just did their thing and were ignored by the "real" show. Probably why they didn't pay attention to Chris Jericho and didn't realize what a megastar he could become.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First hour of Nitro was basically NXT. They just did their thing and were ignored by the "real" show. Probably why they didn't pay attention to Chris Jericho and didn't realize what a megastar he could become.

Yeah, the "well just put on whatever you like" in the first couple hours was fantastic. Gave a ton of midcard and lower card talent the chance to shine. I loved it.

When Nitro went to two hours they'd countdown to the second hour and have pyro go off when it started. I think that could fix WWE's 3rd hour ratings drop.

Top Bottom