• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Luschient

Freaking Bob Holly.

"Hmm, I have kids that I need to support, what's the best way I can do that? I know, I'll go fight in bars for money."

Don't know what it is but I've always actively hated him in a "get off my television" kind of way.

It's surprisingly entertaining. It's so fake, but it's always hilariously fake so you don't even care. I love how they try treating matches on Main Event or Superstars like they are live. Interested in what a Bella-centric spin-off will bring.
Potential pregnancy, marriages, and more drama. At least that's what E! Said earlier this week.

Freaking Bob Holly.

"Hmm, I have kids that I need to support, what's the best way I can do that? I know, I'll go fight in bars for money."

Don't know what it is but I've always actively hated him in a "get off my television" kind of way.
I don't mind Bob even though he pretends to be a tough guy so much. What do you expect from most big southerners? Bradshaw is/was the same way, at least Holly didn't get his hoe card pulled by Joey Styles lol.

thequestion

Is this some sort of gag? She has no presence. Her biggest flaw is not her total lack of wrestling ability, it's her total lack of any charisma.

Agreed. If it was up to me, I'd have her a valet for AJ styles and the bullet club. She could be a 'bullet babe'. She's attractive and can draw heat from the crowd.

Missed the last few weeks NXT so I'm catching up. Currently at last weeks episode but what's with the new backstage presenter? She's smirking through every segment.

Hex

Banned
Used to crack me up when they legit tried to push the guy who was Bob Sparky Plug Holly as a tough guy in the same league as Stone Cold and Taker.
Honestly used to piss the hell out of me when he would go over people who were just legit better in the ring.
But Holly clicked in that good ol' boy club or something because they kept trying.

DMczaf

nearing Austin's heel turn in my watchthrough. i know he says he did it because he felt his character was getting stale, but the audience is still 100% lock stock and barrel diehard Austin marks. i don't understand it

I think he just over thought it.

He's old school and he knows about doing turns at the right moment.

He just did it 1 or 2 years too early

Then again he only has 1-2 years left so I guess he at least got a heel run before retiring.

Used to crack me up when they legit tried to push the guy who was Bob Sparky Plug Holly as a tough guy in the same league as Stone Cold and Taker.
Honestly used to piss the hell out of me when he would go over people who were just legit better in the ring.
But Holly clicked in that good ol' boy club or something because they kept trying.
Hold on hold on, Big Shot Bob Holly was the shit imo. That was some of his best work, well that was his best work, then they messed it all up by bringing in Crash imo. Holly was an afterthought after that. He was good on the microphone and his matches were decent.

Fox318

LUGER

klonere

Banned
I think he just over thought it.

He's old school and he knows about doing turns at the right moment.

He just did it 1 or 2 years too early

Then again he only has 1-2 years left so I guess he at least got a heel run before retiring.

Well ya see here this how I think it breaks down - I think you gotta listen to the crowd gahdammnit. Now this Austin kid, he's thinks hes reaching this level as a babyface where he feels the gimmick is getting stale, I get that, I understand that, but c'mon mahn, you still making each town and when yer dahmn music plays the crowd pops huge! You trying to tell methat you ready for a heel turn? I ain't buyin it sahn, not for one damn second. I mean what wrestler doesn't want to go out and be cheered huh? You think you only got a few years left, why not spend them getting those monster pops? Listen to the crowd gahdamn.

Now lemme tell you about Cougarlife dot com

What's the GAF perspective on Lee Marshall?

I've been slowly watching the Nitros (approaching Slamboree 97) and am finding his weekly weasel jokes totally forced and dead on arrival. Brain's got more talent in one little finger than lousy Lee Marshall.

Of all the obnoxious wrestling personalities this dude literally phones it in for his whole WCW career and I wanna see him get some comeuppance.

Mahonay

Banned
What's the GAF perspective on Lee Marshall?

I've been slowly watching the Nitros (approaching Slamboree 97) and am finding his weekly weasel jokes totally forced and dead on arrival. Brain's got more talent in one little finger than lousy Lee Marshall.

Of all the obnoxious wrestling personalities this dude literally phones it in for his whole WCW career and I wanna see him get some comeuppance.
The Lapsed Fan has the most hilarious fictional impersonation of him, where he's this insatiable sex beast that is constantly banging everyone he runs into. Just saying obscene shit at all times.

The Lapsed Fan has the most hilarious fictional impersonation of him, where he's this insatiable sex beast that is constantly banging everyone he runs into. Just saying obscene shit at all times.

I'd been wanting to check that show out for a while. I should queue up that Lee Marshall episode for my next road trip. Thanks!

klonere

Banned
NXT Champion Samoa Joe beat Andrade Cien Almas (La Sombra)

Winter Haven FL NXT Live in front of a sold out house of approximately 350.

Three Hundred And Fifty

why-gif.gif

klonere

Banned

I don't see why you have a guy like Joe who is 37 and has taken a lot big hits in his career go out and have a main event house show match for 350 fucking people. You strain the performer more and lose money on the show which is more designed to let totally green PC folks get a run out in front of a crowd, not a vet like Joe.

Joe wrestled fucking Kobashi!

I don't see why you have a guy like Joe who is 37 and has taken a lot big hits in his career go out and have a main event house show match for 350 fucking people. You strain the performer more and lose money on the show which is more designed to let totally green PC folks get a run out in front of a crowd, not a vet like Joe.

Oh, right. I thought you were questioning Joe beating that Sombra guy. Agree with all your points.

When they showed his return promo on Monday before Kaliato's match, I figured that was the route they're going to take.

Silly me for thinking he'd want to get involved in that world title shot MITB match happening soon after his return instead of squashing the same guy for the third time. The Champ is Here

Punk continues to be right

They'll use you up in front of few attendants in the midst of falling ratings, spit you out when you finally inevitably break, and then shout "NEXT" as another takes your place to go through the same fate

Top Bottom