• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Didn't he get mad at people asking him to not be Stardust though?

It tends to irk people when you make them aware of a problem they already know about and are desperately trying to fix, yes

Cody deserves a lot of shit for a lot of reasons, but not for getting fed up with having to do something he clearly didn't want to

Hycran

Banned
Cody needs to pull a del rio and come back after showing his worth elsewhere. The fact of the matter is that Cody is a talented wrestler but his matches have been lacking. He needs to reinvent himself and change his moveset and his gimmick. I'm convinced he can do it though

Perhaps frustration from WWE not letting him drop the Stardust character?

Having to portray a character you hate during press tours when nobody else had to do that shit must have been rough.

Cody needs to pull a del rio and come back after showing his worth elsewhere. The fact of the matter is that Cody is a talented wrestler but his matches have been lacking. He needs to reinvent himself and change his moveset and his gimmick. I'm convinced he can do it though

You're telling me that Cody Dream will show up in The Temple next season to take Johnny Mundo down a notch?

Wait when did this happen?

I thought Kofi was going to retire if the New Day thing didn't even happen. He said it was getting tiring coming to work and being miserable , and he was going to leave until the New Day happened and they got over big time. Now he's having fun.

Can't fix shit booking. Drew Galloway could raising and they stick him with fandango is something dumb.

The ultimate worked shoot and he can't escape it.

Knowing him he'd take the advice the wrong way and we'd end up with this guy going back and time to kill austin and rock

Triple-H-WrestleMania-31-Entrance-600x250.jpg

Striker

Triple H should go back and time and tell his younger self that bit about WWE being a play.
He would whine and complain about guys like Warrior and Paul Roma. He didn't have the balls to confront people.

Cena's a different animal. He's always on TV, has gotten pushed favorably over everybody and he's getting paid a shit ton of money. That can cure whatever staleness of a character you portray.

I can see Cody fitting in with LU.

Syder

I was kinda frustrated with Cody for sticking with Stardust for so long. I guess, he felt the same as us.

Dude's only 30, he might be back one day.

dream

So can we lock Cody in for BOLA?

I hope not. He's a good looking, educated dude, with acting training and is an excellent public speaker. I hope he gets as far away from this shitty industry as possible, despite his claims of being "a wrestler," and goes into something that can make use of his talents without destroying his body.

Bubba T

I hope not. He's a good looking, educated dude, with acting training and is an excellent public speaker. I hope he gets as far away from this shitty industry as possible, despite his claims of being "a wrestler," and goes into something that can make use of his talents without destroying his body.

The funny thing is that this was said 10 years ago about The Rock, and many wrestling fans called him a sell out.

Jamie OD

Feels like there is a changing of the guard going on in WWE right now. Or does it count as one when it's just the low card wrestlers getting replaced?

dream

The funny thing is that this was said 10 years ago about The Rock, and many wrestling fans called him a sell out.

Wrestling fans get bizarrely bitter when wrestlers leave the industry. Just look at how wrestling gaf shits on Punk these days.

Feels like there is a changing of the guard going on in WWE right now. Or does it count as one when it's just the low card wrestlers getting replaced?

Ah yes, the changing of the guard where HHH has the exact same approach to talent having creative ideas as Vince

"It's good you're shooting for the stars, but really what's better is knowing your place"

Who's making the stupider decisions right now? DC or WWE?
DC: BvS, Leto's Joker, the Watchmen thing, and Man of Steel.
WWE: Roman Reigns, Sandow/Rhodes, Mania 32, going to ridiculous lengths to bury Ambrose, huge japanese wrestlers being bought to feed to Roman, existence of Usos.

Cody's statement is honest and brutal and I am just happy it sounds like he isnt leaving wrestling.

I bet he can tear it up in Japan if he chooses. Or ham it up in Lucha Underground for a season or two.

With Barrett and Rhodes both leaving on their own I would be shocked if we dont see a few more frustrated people ask for releases soon. Seems like right now there is money to be made outside WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ah yes, the changing of the guard where HHH has the exact same approach to talent having creative ideas as Vince

"It's good you're shooting for the stars, but really what's better is knowing your place"

It's even better now because they can get the indoctrination started early at the performance center.

Because wrestling fans are bitter and selfish. These guys are putting their lives on the line for our entertainment and the least we can do is accept their decision to do what they please.

Menome

Who's making the stupider decisions right now? DC or WWE?
DC: BvS, Leto's Joker, the Watchmen thing, and Man of Steel.
WWE: Roman Reigns, Sandow/Rhodes, Mania 32, going to ridiculous lengths to bury Ambrose, huge japanese wrestlers being bought to feed to Roman, existence of Usos.

I'm a bit out of the comics loop, what are they doing with Watchmen now?

Top Bottom