• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

shaowebb

I dont get it. If AJ can make anyone look good out there and put over main events this well then why not put him at the top. Shoulda had him win with the interference then interjected Seth to help Reigns clear the ring and then have Seth turn on Reigns still to stomp out talk of Shield reforming. Run Seth/Reigns outside the title and let AJ put over a top card as a champ and build up Bullet Club.

Nope...instead they BURY the Styles Clash into the ground, make Gallows and Anderson seem ineffective since their run in didn't bury jack, and in general Put AJ's win loss average in the red.

When you 50/50 book to someone the crowd is bored of seeing and then you have the guy lose twice to the champ and the second time he loses clean after both interference, repeated chair shots and two finishers one with a chair involved then you are not seen as a threat to that character. They're just gonna book him as the flashy fan favorite who looks good but loses inevitably to whoever the WWE thinks is a good looking concept. His job is to get over WWE's hopeful new top card by giving them good matches.

Fuck this shows product. Im terrified of how they'll bury Nakamura if he goes to it.

Zach

HSBebPc.jpg

Who? What? Huh?

AJ is looking pretty weak even after his GREAT performances, all due to WWEs retarded booking... And now Rollins is finally back, and they make him a heel (at least it looks like it)... Man, fuck WWE and it's horrible, HORRIBLE, decisions, including Roman Reigns.

Say whatever you want about TNA (and it'll almost always be true, the harsher it is), but nobody ever kicked out of 2 Styles Clashes in one match there

Man God

Non-Canon Member
AJ is looking pretty weak even after his GREAT performances, all due to WWEs retarded booking... And now Rollins is finally back, and they make him a heel (at least it looks like it)... Man, fuck WWE and it's horrible, HORRIBLE, decisions, including Roman Reigns.

Feuding with Reigns or his surrogates makes you a face pretty much automatically. It's worked even on two giant looking bearded babies who were getting huge cheers all night.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Is the Styles Clash even a finisher?

Not in the WWE it isn't. The only one who kicked out of a ton of finishers this match was Styles with his hot dogging and show boating. Lucky for him that RR is such a nice guy to carry him to some big league matches.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You had to know Seth-kun was coming back heel. Chris Jericho was your top active heel. Chris Jericho in 2016.

The biggest heel in the company is Reigns, and it isn't even close.

Ignoring that, I'd put Miz and Owens ahead of Jericho.

Cesaro and Seth can't both stand tall on the same PPV. The universe doesn't want to give Fox and DM Ls simultaneously.

Bad omen for the Reigns/Seth feud. Cesaro's got nothing else to lose, so now it's DM's turn

Caderfix

Feuding with Reigns or his surrogates makes you a face pretty much automatically. It's worked even on two giant looking bearded babies who were getting huge cheers all night.

It doesn't matter if the fans cheer for him, WWE made him a heel and that's the bottom line. They want Roman and Roman only, and all the rest will be booked as cowards, comic reliefs and underachievers.

The WWE just don't get it, they don't understand that they don't have to RUIN every performer in order to push their guy. At this point it isn't even frustrating anymore.

I've started to watch wrestling again last year, and the WWE already managed to make me want to go away. I'll stay for a little longer to see how they'll handle Rollins, but I think I'm done for another 10 years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It doesn't matter if the fans cheer for him, WWE made him a heel and that's the bottom line. They want Roman and Roman only, and all the rest will be booked as cowards, comic reliefs and underachievers.

The WWE just don't get it, they don't understand that they don't have to RUIN every performer in order to push their guy. At this point it isn't even frustrating anymore.

I've started to watch wrestling again last year, and the WWE already managed to make me want to go away. I'll stay for a little longer to see how they'll handle Rollins, but I think I'm done for another 10 years.

I have faith they'll figure it out eventually. The only reason Cena was able to field this kind of fan reaction is that he's a good talker. Reigns will never be a good talker unless he suddenly picks it up one day late in his career like Sting.

Eventually though...might take a long time. Plus people keep buying his gear and the house shows do well enough. It was money that made them give up on Nash and never even get started with Luger. Money still talks.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So after this month WWE will have two of the biggest heels in the industry. Roman Reigns and John Cena.

John Cena mainly fixed that issue last year. He'd be a mega face in a match against Reigns for example.

The only time he gets serious heel reactions anymore are in super smarky locations against indie darlings/Seth Rollins. Which to be fair is most of the mid card.

The people who impressed me the most tonight were Reigns, who has phenomenal chemistry with AJ and should be top heel in the company and Miz, who did some really great selling in that for the ages IC title match. Everyone was great in both of those matches but the real wow performances were from them.

The level to which the Uso hate has expanded did surprise me actually, though not entirely unexpected. Seth coming back one toned with Bret Hart hair was also a nice surprise.

mjlol.png

Even if I pretend that's true, Miz, Owens and Jericho being your top heels is a sad state of affairs.

I kinda agree, though I stick by that ranking. RR should be the guy in actuality given the reaction he gets. Miz is doing great work though and I'd be happy as anything if he got back into the main event and Owens is being held down, though he's a solid contender for the Money in the Bank.

MITB is going to be so much better this year. Lots of good choices. AJ. Seth. Owens. Cesaro. Ambrose. Wild cards like Callisto, Big E, Del Rio, Rusev to make the match fun.

I don't think the main event was good. I don't like those kinds of matches, and I don't like Roman Reigns-based storytelling. And I can't like it because I just watched Great American Bash 96, which featured Chris Benoit vs. Kevin Sullivan, and I suggest you check it out to compare the matches.

In the WWE match they go up to the pre-show table for their brawling.

In WCW they went into the bathroom, this causes without a doubt the most memorable spot in either this match or the WWE one from tonight when a woman enters the men's bathroom to watch the brawl and Dusty Rhodes freaks out on commentary.

Finally, this main event featured a post match beat down by Seth Rollins. The WCW one featured a post match beat down by Arn Anderson.

And of course, scientifically speaking, no match containing the Usos can be considered "good." These are the facts.

Miz main evented and beat Cena at Mania to retain his championship. What have these other blokes done?

I'm sure you're about to get a hundred responses of "Owens beat Cena once", where they'll conveniently ignore the fact that like Bray he did win once and then lose a billion times, cry, and run away in the end

They All Fall. Some are just fortunate to avoid the Rusev fate, where every path they take eventually leads back to the Fall.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sure you're about to get a hundred responses of "Owens beat Cena once", where they'll conveniently ignore the fact that like Bray he did win once and then lose a billion times, cry, and run away in the end

They All Fall. Some are just fortunate to avoid the Rusev fate, where every path they take eventually leads back to the Fall.

Bryan didn't. He's the boy who lived.

Owens beat Cena but it wasn't in the WM main event with the title on the line. That's all I have to say. Miz >>>>>>

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Regardless, I say let the Seth angle play out. His feud with HHH is inevitable at which point he'll probably go babyface. It doesn't make sense for him to do anything but go after Roman right now.

We are closer than we've ever been to a Seth vs. AJ match. It needs to happen soon. Before Rollins gets all his credibility destroyed in a match with Roman.

Fox318

We are closer than we've ever been to a Seth vs. AJ match. It needs to happen soon. Before Rollins gets all his credibility destroyed in a match with Roman.

I expect Seth vs AJ on superstars for the US Title soon while Roman and Big Cass work a 60 minute match while Vince is in the back jerking off to the height.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I expect Seth vs AJ on superstars for the US Title soon while Roman and Big Cass work a 60 minute match while Vince is in the back jerking off to the height.

Cesaro won't even be on superstars. Maybe he can make it to Swerved Season 2.

The one place I can give WWE credit is that they've managed to make the IC title scene/midcard into a great match machine.

Everything else is pretty upsetting though.

Yes, heels lose to the top babyface in the end of the feud. That's how wrestling works. It's not Game of Thrones, it's a morality play.

The problem isn't heels losing feuds to Cena. The issue has been always they have no plans for these guys the day after they lose to Cena.

Yes, heels lose to the top babyface in the end of the feud. That's how wrestling works. It's not Game of Thrones, it's a morality play.

The problem isn't heels losing feuds to Cena. The issue has been always they have no plans for these guys the day after they lose to Cena.

Absolutely agree with this. WWE has been for the longest time, and continues to be, singularly focused. Every guy on the roster that is built up is eventually being built for one guy. Once that one guy has his way with him, WWE discards them like yesterday's garbage. It was Cena, and now it's Roman.

They are getting only slightly better at it, but it's still a major problem. It's the fatal flaw in building the entire promotion around one unbeatable guy.

Top Bottom