• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Fatal 4-way obviously MOTN.

For the main event, the ending would've been perfect if it was AJ winning the belt then Rollins giving him the pedigree.

Rollins and AJ feud with Summer Slam their final match.
People would have died. Their heart would give out from all the blood rushing to their erections.

Fox318

8MIxgQy.png

Trumpers stick together

I can only imagine the result of a feud between Ryborg and Mr Glass (Anderson).

Anderson's out of TNA

That said, Ryback would absolutely be TNA champ in 5 weeks max and he knows it but he also knows he'll never be paid on time for it, so that's probably a joke tweet. That said, he's also a joke. So this is sad on like...6 or 7 different levels. 8 if you count the fact that Punk was right again

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You out here thinking that wins and losses matter in 2016

That's not how it works anymore. Welcome to the New Era bud.
It's been this way forever though. Great characters aren't hurt by losses. That said, the way they lose is also important. You can only do so much. Fortunately AJ always looks great even in losing. I feel bad for Anderson and Gallows, though.

bjork

So I order a phone at like 12:55 am. A few minutes later, I get a text from verizon asking if I made this order, and to text "yes" if I did. I reply with "yes." Then I get an email from my credit card company like, "hey, did you make this purchase? click yes to authorize." So I click yes. Then at about 2 am, I get another email from verizon that says, "your order is on hold until you call this number, please call [number]. We will hold your order for 1 week."

So I'm guessing that when my credit card... protection or whatever it is, kicked in, that threw a wrench into the works. But I was having second thoughts about ordering it now anyway, so I'm thinking I'll just let it go and slap a screen cover over the cracked screen for now and see how it goes.

More pressing matters today: waterbed shop opens at 11. That dude better be there!

So I order a phone at like 12:55 am. A few minutes later, I get a text from verizon asking if I made this order, and to text "yes" if I did. I reply with "yes." Then I get an email from my credit card company like, "hey, did you make this purchase? click yes to authorize." So I click yes. Then at about 2 am, I get another email from verizon that says, "your order is on hold until you call this number, please call [number]. We will hold your order for 1 week."

So I'm guessing that when my credit card... protection or whatever it is, kicked in, that threw a wrench into the works. But I was having second thoughts about ordering it now anyway, so I'm thinking I'll just let it go and slap a screen cover over the cracked screen for now and see how it goes.

More pressing matters today: waterbed shop opens at 11. That dude better be there!
You should have a blog on your daily mishaps, I'd read it just for moments like this.

Tom Nook

This might be the saddest tweet

ifEIUCD.png

At TNA

Dixie: Tonight, I have a special announcement to make. I signed the hottest free agent in the impact zone......

Crowd:.................

Dixie: The BIG GUY, Ryborg.

Crowd:..................

Dixie: Come on guys, isn't exciting!

Crowd:....................

Dixie: All right, Let's start the show.

Plot twist: there is no crowd.

klonere

Banned
Friends if you want a promotion that values wins and losses I'd highly recommend watching all of this year's AJPW Champions Carnival and see how they treat their champion (Miyahara) former champion (Zeus) and monster outsider (Sekimoto) as well as everyone else on the roster.

Hell you could head over to njpwworld.com right now sign up for 999 yen and watch the BoSJ which will setup the next half year or longer of feuds in that division based of what happens in those matches.

If you are watching WWE for wins and losses or a sports like feel ya dun goofed.

that's what this forum is for

you should've been around in the anime shop days, when I made threads. laughs and laughs
I remember reading something last year that you had a shop in the mall? Why'd you get rid of it.

this would be hilarious tbh, would be really meta of WWE to do as well. just cashes it in for nothing and you have to wait all the way til next mitb for another holder.
Honestly, with Cena and Sheamus' MiTB I felt like we would be waiting ubtil next year for another holder. Talk about a complete waste of a winner imo.

kiguel182

Without wins and losses mattering wrestling makes no sense. That mentality is exactly what killed so many guys and got us to where we are now.

bjork

I remember reading something last year that you had a shop in the mall? Why'd you get rid of it.

It was the owner being a real crooked dude businesswise that killed it. I really doubt it could've survived nowadays, at least with the way he ran things, but I do think it died prematurely.

klonere

Banned
Without wins and losses mattering wrestling makes no sense. That mentality is exactly what killed so many guys and got us to where we are now.

WWE clearly don't feel that way anymore though. They can and will get away with whatever they like within the bounds of reason because they are the only game in town daddeh.

Striker

It cements their revisionist storytelling, that's all. They can mention Triple H in the same breath as The Rock and Stone Cold because he beat them before, but we really know he's not on their level. On the flip side, Edge lost to Cena and Hunter all the time yet remained the company's best and top heel for years.

It was the owner being a real crooked dude businesswise that killed it. I really doubt it could've survived nowadays, at least with the way he ran things, but I do think it died prematurely.
For fuck sake, that sucks. I don't get how these guys expect to keep a business when they're doing stupid shit behind the scenes.

Fox318

I wonder if Vince was on commentary how much contempt he would have for the audience.

Didn't it kinda show when fans rejected Diesel?

Sephzilla

Go watch Wrestlemania 13.

Do you really walk away from the Bret/Stone Cold match contemplating the win/loss? Ultimately, someone has to go down. What sticks, however, will always be HOW it goes down.

The fact that Austin lost the match is a huge part of that match's significance though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, even your "no politics!" gimmick is no match for your "Steph <3 <3" gimmick.

Disgust.
It's not a gimmick. I hate politics but she's obviously going to be better at it than Linda.

klonere

Banned
Go watch Wrestlemania 13.

Do you really walk away from the Bret/Stone Cold match contemplating the win/loss? Ultimately, someone has to go down. What sticks, however, will always be HOW it goes down.

Except you can't point to one of the all time great wrestling matches and say "Just do that guys!". Not everyone is prime Stone Cold, Bret Hart or AJ Styles.

Besides when it comes to certain guys now, WWE doesn't give a shit about audience reaction, which is the biggest reason that WM13 match worked so well for both participants afterwards - legitimizing Austin as a face and solidifying Bret as a heel. How many times have we said "Listen to that crowd! Just turn Roman heel!"?

Nothing matters anymore. Things just happen.

Top Bottom