• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

SUPER STRONG STYLE 16 DRAW
zHQzCqS.png

Can't believe they're giving away BDW/Mastiff in the first round. HHH would make that a 90 minute Mania main event

Fox318

some indie/nxt guy no one's heard of that fails to bring ratings in from other threads

that's one thing about guys like big show winning. it brings people in from other threads to wonder what the fuck is going on in wrasslegaf

So who would be the best drawing avatar?

Honestly it probably would be Hogan for all the wrong reasons.

Somebody here would take it to far and have a Hogan dropping a leg on Patrick Klepek or something.

klonere

Banned
New Day is best consumed once a month it seems. I enjoyed that quick little romp. Big E really needs to stop doing that spear to the outside before he dies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
didn't aj actually get people cheering roman?

and people are excited about rollins who could never get roman cheered?

yall were in here last night talking about miz beinga top heel being bad. fucking at least miz is actually a heel unlike rollins

Overwatch is a Blizzard game meaning people will be playing it 20 years from now.

Kane could come out tonight and end Seth-kun's career.
I was listening to Metlz when they discussed Daniel Bryan's win and he straight out said, when they feel someone isn't a draw they pair them with Kane. The guys in the back convinced Vince that Rey and Bryan should win at Mania and Vince wasn't having that shit. So he used Kane to kill their heat, no pun intended.

klonere

Banned
I wonder who can claim to be more underrated in Dunne/Haskins.

They should make the official stip of that match the right to be called "Underrated".

Can't believe they're giving away BDW/Mastiff in the first round. HHH would make that a 90 minute Mania main event
I'm going to trust in the randomness of the draw on that one. Hoping for Mastiff/Fat Hero
I don't know 1/4th of these people but some of these matchups should be great

Rampage/End, Mandrews/Hero in particular
There's a ton of potential. In terms of unknowns, I don't know who you were referring to, but Cooper and Moser have to be 1st round fodder I expect

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
like if Trevor Lee or someone won I would contest it on the groudns that I don't think he's a real person and you just made him up

klonere

Banned
didn't aj actually get people cheering roman?

and people are excited about rollins who could never get roman cheered?

yall were in here last night talking about miz beinga top heel being bad. fucking at least miz is actually a heel unlike rollins

Are you fucking kidding me go back to the episode of Raw where Roman is made No.1 contender while Rollins was still champ. Roman was legit over.

https://youtu.be/I8tCVUphnIU?t=205

Helps that it was a great 4 way as well but listen to the strong Roman chants at the stare down and a big boo when Rollins walks off with the title.

Along with the "Rollins only ever did flips in his heel champ matches" this is the worst bit of revisionist history with his reign.

jmdajr

Just found this

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-superstars-max-bench-press
Mind you with these are workers so they could be working the numbers or using work plates

Ryback: "560 and 580, 550 is my official best"
TITUS O'NEIL: 545
CESARO: "Four hundred five pounds, but who cares how much you bench?!"
ROMAN REIGNS: 445 lbs
Big E: 575lbs
Cena: 465 lbs
KANE: 525 with no [bench] shirt, no wraps, nothing.
BRODUS CLAY: 525 lbs
BIG SHOW: Five hundred pounds for 12 reps.
JACK SWAGGER: Three hundred fifteen pounds for 16 reps. So that comes out to about 457 for a max.
Mark Henry: Benched 500 as a 20 year old and I believe some have said he has benched over 700 easily.

Brock did 225 lb with 30 reps at the NFL combine.

Cool article

Makes me wish I was still swole.

It pains me to say this but I'd put the title on Rusev well before Owens/Zayn/AJ/Cesaro/Ambrose/Fucking Anyone
Dude is amazing. Worked as a monster, worked as a comedy act, and now as this mix of the two. Would love to see him play a babyface.
'Total Package' Alexander Rusev

I'm going to trust in the randomness of the draw on that one. Hoping for Mastiff/Fat Hero

There's a ton of potential. In terms of unknowns, I don't know who you were referring to, but Cooper and Moser have to be 1st round fodder I expect
I exaggerated a bit. I'm not familiar with Williams or Cooper at all and haven't seen Whiplash. I'm still behind on Chapters!
like if Trevor Lee or someone won I would contest it on the groudns that I don't think he's a real person and you just made him up
please... no...

It pains me to say this but I'd put the title on Rusev well before Owens/Zayn/AJ/Cesaro/Ambrose/Fucking Anyone
Dude is amazing. Worked as a monster, worked as a comedy act, and now as this mix of the two. Would love to see him play a babyface.

Why would that pain you to say? It's absolutely right. Miz and Rusev are the best guys on the roster.

I thought the prevailing theory was that people only cheered Roman against Rollins because Rollins' title reign was the worst

Their reigns, along with Brock and Bryan's reigns, were the worst, you guys were wrong to not want Cena for so long. He tried to save us from the abuse all along, and yet we opened the door anyway

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Are you fucking kidding me go back to the episode of Raw where Roman is made No.1 contender while Rollins was still champ. Roman was legit over.

https://youtu.be/I8tCVUphnIU?t=205

Helps that it was a great 4 way as well but listen to the strong Roman chants at the stare down and a big boo when Rollins walks off with the title.

Along with the "Rollins only ever did flips in his heel champ matches" this is the worst bit of revisionist history with his reign.
It's like the revisionist history where Roman was the one tanking the ratings. Not that Rollins reign was the one tanking the ratings. Listen to all that heat he's getting during this segment

klonere

Banned

No lies detected.

I maintain Rusev should have beat Cena at Mania 31 and turned face the next day on Raw as the new American Dream (okay perhaps not that exact phrase...) as the immigrant who arrived with nothing, worked hard, got himself an incredible job, a gorgeous wife, fast cars and a big ass house in Nashville. Have him come out in his Maserati and shit, he could pull it off like a king.

klonere

Banned
It's like the revisionist history where Roman was the one tanking the ratings. Not that Rollins reign was the one tanking the ratings. Listen to all that heat he's getting during this segment

Sure, I'm not saying that there weren't a lot of interminably dull Rollins segments, or that the entire Stewart angle was a disgrace that never should have seen the light of day.

I mean Rollins did a better job of not getting cheered against Roman than HHH managed.

miserable

speare6lbl.gif

Ramen was in total Cena mode last night. One move and winning after taking multiple chairshots.
Also he's hitting the air with the superman punch.Like he didn't connect even once. Just like Cena with his knuckle shuffle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
10 minute Rollins + Steph + HHH promos to start every show is what killed Rollins' heat.

Top Bottom