• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

DMczaf

nFS23PR.gif

Look at that motherfucker!! Look at him!!!

Fox318

True. That's one of my least favorite WWF/E things, is announcers acting surprised when a dude comes out of the back complete with entrance music. "What is he doing here?!"

Austin got hot when he walked down with no ring music and no fancy lights.

You could get away with that shit on NXT only because there hasn't been any real run ins at a major takeover match.

But that's a Vince/Dunn issue.

They put the brand forward with such hesitance to create new stars.

UberTag

I won't lie

I considered Erik Watts as an entry
I bowed out of the Avatar Rumble this time around out of protest due it being held in May.

But I'll admit to having entertained the idea of nominating WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump back in January. Of course, the 'ole "wrasslers only" stip this time around would have nullified it regardless.

Fox318

I can always tell my Grandkids I saw Sasha lose the belt in Brooklyn and look like the modern day Ric Flair.

I'm sure Vince was in the back confused as to why she wasn't using pillows or wrestling in mud.

jmdajr

'Our touring schedule is fine! Really, it's all the chair shots fault!'

Well according to everyone's all time fave Arn Anderson, its all the days off that's the problem. No one is ever in "ring shape." Not enough matches, and they are all too short.

At the same time,the style is much, much different now. It ain't just punches, headlocks, and body slams.

Fox318

'Our touring schedule is fine! Really, it's all the chair shots fault!'

Shame is they would probably be able to sell tickets at a higher price if there were less shows.

House shows are only a thing in the hope to get families there with younger fans.

Look in the crowd last night. Most of the people there had to be over 30.

In an ideal world we would have 2 hours a week plus 1 house show on a Saturday.

Its funny that Vince always has guys talk about Bingo halls but those are the only places he can fill a house show at.

Top Bottom