• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Whats really fucking stupid about keeping Seth heel..

Here we have the babyface that no one wants and gets booed to shit in Roman Reigns.

And now hes gonna go against the heel who everyone loves and will cheer in Seth Rollins.

So basically, everything is opposite of how its supposed to be.

Fantastic booking WWE. How do you do it?!?!?!
Why were people immediately expecting him to be face though? There was no logic in it aside from "boy i sure do miss Seth." His explanations made perfect sense.
Well you would think Rollins would be a little pissed that his best buds Steph and HHH just gave away the title once he got hurt and completely forgot about him.

But nah, instead, hes there trying to hug Stephanie and telling her he missed them so much.

Nothing makes sense.

The fact that they think their keeping kayfabe with Rollins remaining as a heel is just as stupid as him not caring that Stephanie and HHH fucked him over a zillion times.

He was trying to go back to sucking up to Steph to get back in her favor. Again, it made sense.

Strax

I get that many people here don't like Roman but its really getting out hand when people can't even acknowledge when he performs well. Doesn't matter who is in the ring with him they always carry Roman according to some people. Its getting old.

klonere

Banned
Why were people immediately expecting him to be face though? There was no logic in it aside from "boy i sure do miss Seth." His explanations made perfect sense.

He was trying to go back to sucking up to Steph to get back in her favor. Again, it made sense.

When you are desperately seeking for a top heel so you stop having to fill in with HHH or some version of The Authority you don't make Seth come back as the little bitch boy that he was in November 2015 unless you have severe mental deficiencies. While I of course wanted to cheer Seffer, not even presenting him as a character that had progressed one iota since he has been out is just mind boggling stupid, insane and ITS FUCKING ARHAIHRORWIOEJMRFWOEJIO

Gurrry

I get that many people here don't like Roman but its really getting out hand when people can't even acknowledge when he performs well. Doesn't matter who is in the ring with him they always carry Roman according to some people. Its getting old.

Because they have given us zero reason to cheer for him. This guy is an undefeatable monster. He has about 3-4 moves in the ring. Hell, that powerbomb he did against AJ was the first "new" move ive seen out of him in years.

His in-ring is boring as shit unless hes with a good worker. And what sucks is that we all know how the match will end, everytime. Superman punch > Hulk up in the corner > Spear > Game over.

I think you could look at it either way.

Before Seth left, the Authority and him werent on the greatest of terms. They were looking for ways to get the title off of him. He was getting pissed because they constantly made him defend his title at the worst times. Hell, they were leaning into a HHH vs Seth match at WM.

So him being best buds with Stephanie again also makes no sense in my opinion.

From a pure meta standpoint, if the WWE really wanted a top heel and a top face, they have it. But they obviously dont want that because they are relentless with the Reigns push.

Whats going to be sad is that Rollins is going to completely out perform Roman at MITB, and he will lose to a spear out of nowhere.

Because they have given us zero reason to cheer for him. This guy is an undefeatable monster. He has about 3-4 moves in the ring. Hell, that powerbomb he did against AJ was the first "new" move ive seen out of him in years.
So does every top guy. What's your point?
His in-ring is boring as shit unless hes with a good worker. And what sucks is that we all know how the match will end, everytime. Superman punch > Hulk up in the corner > Spear > Game over.

So like how his match with AJ went?

oh wait

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer: "Dana Brooke is the female Roman Reigns."

lol

UberTag

So who will be the other two participants in the Money in the Bank? There are still two more slots to fill, are they gonna be done on Smackdown tonight?
My picks are Big Cass and Alberto Del Rio... but it seems like a lot of people have an opinion on the subject.

Frankly, I'm not convinced either Orton or Bray will be healthy in time. And I don't think Finn gets called up beforehand. If he does, it'll be to have a match involving Styles independent of the MITB ladder match. I can also see Kalisto getting a spot in the match if they elect not to move forward with Vince's Big Cass man crush.

Gurrry

So does every top guy. What's your point?

So like how his match with AJ went?

oh wait

Yes? I knew thats how the match would end. Hell, people were talking about forearming into a spear as soon as AJ vs Roman was announced. It was a bad ass spot, dont get me wrong.

And I constantly see new moves from guys like KO, Charlotte, AJ, Sammy, etc. They seem like they add stuff to their moveset constantly.

Im not saying Roman cant do that, he just rarely does it. Thats why that powerbomb was a sight to see because it was something new that he hadnt done before.

I think people would give him less shit about his wrestling ability if he added more moves to his repertoire.

Gurrry

It's become old and annoying now. Kevin Owens hasn't done shit, whereas Cole is undefeated at Mania. He should fuck off and respect his elders and one of the greats.

COLE.jpg

Yes? I knew thats how the match would end. Hell, people were talking about forearming into a spear as soon as AJ vs Roman was announced. It was a bad ass spot, dont get me wrong.

And I constantly see new moves from guys like KO, Charlotte, AJ, Sammy, etc. They seem like they add stuff to their moveset constantly.

Im not saying Roman cant do that, he just rarely does it. Thats why that powerbomb was a sight to see because it was something new that he hadnt done before.

I think people would give him less shit about his wrestling ability if he added more moves to his repertoire.

Matches aren't always about "movezmovezmovez" though. Like I mentioned, top guys rarely have more than 4-5. Hell, Austin even admitted as such in one of his interviews. I'm paraphrasing, but he said against someone else in the ring "you can do what you want, but once I hit my 4 moves, I'm done."

Matches should never be about how many moves you can do, but how you can make them look.

Gurrry

Matches aren't always about "movezmovezmovez" though. Like I mentioned, top guys rarely have more than 4-5. Hell, Austin even admitted as such in one of his interviews. I'm paraphrasing, but he said against someone else in the ring "you can do what you want, but once I hit my 4 moves, I'm done."

Matches should never be about how many moves you can do, but how you can make them look.

Yeah i remember that same interview too. I agree with you, im not saying it has to be all about high spots and what not.

I just think the whole "you cant wrestle" chants he gets are unwarranted, but I think they would show up less if he did things to surprise people more.

However, lately crowds are doing the "you still suck" after he does something new and fresh, so it might be a lost cause either way.

People just dont want to cheer him. I think in the end it hurts him more because he could take over that dominant heel role, they just wont let him.

If you told me Cole's going to hold the belt for 5 months within the next 3 years, I'd believe it

If you said the same about Owens, Ambrose, Seth, Bray, or an indy scrub, I wouldn't

Reigns and Cena got this shit on lock for 32 of the next 36 months minimum

Gurrry

If you told me Cole's going to hold the belt for 5 months within the next 3 years, I'd believe it

If you said the same about Owens, Ambrose, Seth, Bray, or an indy scrub, I wouldn't

Reigns and Cena got this shit on lock for 32 of the next 36 months minimum

Its gonna take a 36 month long iron man match for either one of them to lose.

So many kickouts from finishers. It will be the match that never ends.

"Fight forever" will get a whole new meaning.

I get that many people here don't like Roman but its really getting out hand when people can't even acknowledge when he performs well.
I assume you are referring to his match with AJ Styles.

To which I reply that "performing well" in a match with AJ Styles is a very low standard, because I believe that anyone on the roster could meet it, even Primo and Epico. Not only that, it leaves out other aspects of being a professional wrestler, like having a magnetic personality and not just being Eva Marie with a different set of genitals.

So no, I'm not going to acknowledge when Roman "performs well" because even if he isn't embarrassing himself in a match like he did at Mania, he's still never going to be The Guy. When you look at all the people who have been WWE champion, Roman is not anywhere near that level. He is never going to make it to even John Cena level, much less Randy Savage level. The Miz is working better than him right now.

There's more to being an entertaining WWE Champion than "performing well". And most of the roster would be better at it than him. Answer me this: why does everybody who likes him not notice that he's like one notch above Steve Blackman for being hopeless on the mic? I mean, never mind, I know why, but you know, WHY?

thefro

Meltzer: "Dana Brooke is the female Roman Reigns."

lol

Dana actually has a great character and cuts good promos.

Her problem is she's still green in the ring. She did lose some time with the injuries.

I know Meltz has said that Vince wanted her up ASAP about 8 months ago, so that may be the connection Big Dave is making.

bjork

Looked to see if I had enough My Nintendo points to get that Zelda Picross thing. Turns out I did, but you could get Warioware Touched! for the same amount of coins. So I picked that, since I'll have enough for the Zelda thing later and it expires later than Wario. Went and fetched my 3DS, first time it's been on in months. Still had a full charge! That's pretty neat.

Sephzilla

I think Roman Reigns has a little bit of the same problem John Cena has; his in-ring talent seems to scale up or down depending on who he's facing. Roman actually looks decently talented and has some good moments himself against AJ Styles, but he looks like drizzling shit when up against someone like Shaemus.

bjork

That's my boy wonder. I need a "best of Michael Cole" dvd so bad. His heel run qas absolutely stunning. The bromance between he, Riley, and Miz was the best. It'll never be replicated again sadly.

You should've been here while it was happening. A dark, dark time for wrasslegaf.

Turned on my vita for the first time in a month Sunday and I had to completely charge it. I hate that, it's not like it was on standby, it was completely off. Maybe it's only like that in the first releases. Or maybe the 3DS uses a different type of battery that it's able to keep up that charge.

That's what I'm gonna check out next. I feel like I had the vita on within a month of today, but idk for sure. Usually when I turn these on, there are system updates, so it's always been awhile.

Looked to see if I had enough My Nintendo points to get that Zelda Picross thing. Turns out I did, but you could get Warioware Touched! for the same amount of coins. So I picked that, since I'll have enough for the Zelda thing later and it expires later than Wario. Went and fetched my 3DS, first time it's been on in months. Still had a full charge! That's pretty neat.
Turned on my vita for the first time in a month Sunday and I had to completely charge it. I hate that, it's not like it was on standby, it was completely off. Maybe it's only like that in the first releases. Or maybe the 3DS uses a different type of battery that it's able to keep up that charge.

bjork

11 hours 45 minutes til I need to get up for work, and I barely slept on my days off. It is time for bed, chaps. Play nice.

klonere

Banned
In hindsight this was the best bit of Seth's promo yesterday

Seth: I'M STILL A HEEL

*begrudging boos*

Roman's music

*VOCIFEROUS BOOS*

Nothing matters.

Strax

I assume you are referring to his match with AJ Styles.

To which I reply that "performing well" in a match with AJ Styles is a very low standard, because I believe that anyone on the roster could meet it, even Primo and Epico. Not only that, it leaves out other aspects of being a professional wrestler, like having a magnetic personality and not just being Eva Marie with a different set of genitals.

So no, I'm not going to acknowledge when Roman "performs well" because even if he isn't embarrassing himself in a match like he did at Mania, he's still never going to be The Guy. When you look at all the people who have been WWE champion, Roman is not anywhere near that level. He is never going to make it to even John Cena level, much less Randy Savage level. The Miz is working better than him right now.

There's more to being an entertaining WWE Champion than "performing well". And most of the roster would be better at it than him. Answer me this: why does everybody who likes him not notice that he's like one notch above Steve Blackman for being hopeless on the mic? I mean, never mind, I know why, but you know, WHY?

I see you left out a part of my quote where I said it doesn't matter who in the ring with Roman he can't do anything right in the eyes of some people. If its a good match, the other guy carried him and if its a bad matches its on Roman. I agree with you that Roman is the best champion ever in the WWE but lets be real here WWE has had many worse champions then Roman just because of their gimmick, not because of therir grand personality and wrestling skills.

Menome

I don't think Steph is an actual face. She's clearly a heel pretending to be a face, who will heel on Rollins when he tries to heel thinking they're heel-buddies and as a result turns face.

God dammit, I think Menome's stanning of The Drifter™ might be working on me. Stop it! Friend Vylash's attempts with Corbin didn't work, and yours won't work either!

Honestly, seeing Owens or AJ take the L last night would have sucked. I suspect they have something brewing for AJ. Personally, I think it's a bad sign for the dudes in the MitB match that do not win. It shows they're not really sure what to do with them.

I wanted AJ to get the briefcase but I guess that's that. Sucks, too. He's the best wrestler on the card; It's unbelievable to me that he's taking these L's. I would protect him heavily. He's over, talented as hell, and an easy guy to root for.

klonere

Banned
Honestly, seeing Owens or AJ take the L last night would have sucked. I suspect they have something brewing for AJ. Personally, I think it's a bad sign for the dudes in the MitB match that do not win. It shows they're not really sure what to do with them.

I wanted AJ to get the briefcase but I guess that's that. Sucks, too. He's the best wrestler on the card; It's unbelievable to me that he's taking these L's. I would protect him heavily. He's over, talented as hell, and an easy guy to root for.

They are definitely injecting Balor into the AJ/Club dynamic. It remains to be seen when but there has been far too many explicit references dropped for it not to be A Thing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Dave says that they have "big plans" for AJ, but not to hold your breath since they had big plans for Ambrose when they gave him the Lesnar mania match.

They are definitely injecting Balor into the AJ/Club dynamic. It remains to be seen when but there has been far too many explicit references dropped for it not to be A Thing.

It reeks of a big SummerSlam angle to me. Example: have AJ take on Anderson or something at MITB and win, then they up the ante and bring Balor in, and have a tag match (there's a billion geeks indie darling geeks on the roster to fill this out), then a blow off with Finn and AJ directly at SummerSlam. The only thing that suggests to me that they don't do this is that I could see Vince balking at Finn as a heel, which would lead to a much more anemic Finn/AJ vs. DA CLUB angle assuming they brought Finn up at all to be involved in it.

I mean, it could end up going nowhere, but having the actual founder of the Bullet Club not involved in a Bullet Club angle when he's basically main-roster ready and signed is a stupid plan.

Top Bottom