• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Gurrry, I believe that a face turn for Rollins is imminent. I want to believe they are continuing with the storyline they had originally mapped out last year which is a confrontation between Rollins and (real life mentor) HHH. I fully expect to see those two hash it out in the next 12 months.

HHH COULD screw Rollins out of the strap at MitB.
HHH v Rollins and Cena v Reigns and Styles v Balor at SS.

Bailey coming to the main roster is a problem. Her gimmick will not translate. ( at least I don't think it will)

2 years ago, I though Finn was the second coming, but man his matches have been underwhelming, and his finisher kinda sucks.

Apollo has amazing entrance music. I hope he doesn't fall into a black hole.

AJ Styles should always be in the title hunt.

I don't know what Vince thinks about anything, it seems like hes wrong on so many decisions.
I wish I knew what HHH really thinks. I wish I knew how Shane McMahon really feels.
I wish I knew if Roman is dying to turn heel, or if hes happy getting the biggest paydays of his life.

Bailey coming to the main roster is a problem. He gimmick will not translate. ( at least I don't think it will)

Crowd has already gravitates towards her. She was getting chants throughout the RAW after Mania.

2 years ago, I though Finn was the second coming, but man his matches have been underwhelming, and his finisher kinda sucks.

He's boring in the ring but shockingly over.

Apollo has amazing entrance music. I hope he doesn't fall into a black hole.

He will. He's been sloppy. The botch w/ Jericho was painful to watch. He's green right now.

AJ Styles should always be in the title hunt.

Agreed. 100%.

I don't know what Vince thinks about anything, it seems like hes wrong on so many decisions.
I wish I knew what HHH really thinks
I am fairly certain HHH wanted to give up on the Reigns push pre-Mania but it is truly Vince's idea. I might have that mixed up. Either way, one of them had mixed thoughts.
. I wish I knew how Shane McMahon really feels.

Not sure, I think he's a big mark for Sami.

I wish I knew if Roman is dying to turn heel, or if hes happy getting the biggest paydays of his life.

Regardless, it must be draining to get slammed by 15,000 people every week. The 'You Still Suck' chants were shocking, honestly. Felt bad for the dude.

shaowebb

At this rate AJ would probably get booked to lose in a feud with the Wyatts. I could see them feeding him to Strowman to get the guy over more.

Sucks Strowman is part of a used up and chewed up gimmick. I still think he should take on a monster gimmick and start rocking Taker/Kane spots.It aint hard to get a pop by looming, looking spooky, and doing chokeslams in the WWE.

My fantasy booking decrees that Rollins wins back the belt, is challenged by Cena. HHH, now concerned Cena has a shot of beating Flair's record, doesn't buy that Rollins can defend the title so strips him of it leading to a revenge match between the two with or without the belt in the picture.

There was a promo with Cena HHH/ Rollins last year where the record was subtely brought up and HHH is subtley looking Rollins up and down as he and Cena are going back and forth. I really believe that was a hint of things to come.

I would probably agree with you if Rollins never got hurt. It looked like it was going to swing the way you laid out. I don't know if Reigns will EVER lose clean, honestly. I won't get into that, though. I am not sure what the plans are for this new Rollins / Reigns feud. HHH will get involved, somehow. Rollins has been heel for way, way too long, honestly.

At this rate AJ would probably get booked to lose in a feud with the Wyatts. I could see them feeding him to Strowman to get the guy over more.

Sucks Strowman is part of a used up and chewed up gimmick. I still think he should take on a monster gimmick and start rocking Taker/Kane spots.It aint hard to get a pop by looming, looking spooky, and doing chokeslams in the WWE.

I don't think they're as high on Stroman as initially thought. Unless he's hurt, he's been non-existent without Bray. Even without Enzo, Big Cass got a good push so maybe Big Cass will be the new 'big guy.' Oh God, lol, please don't feud AJ with Big Cass..

Chamber

love on your sleeve
If you told me Cole's going to hold the belt for 5 months within the next 3 years, I'd believe it

If you said the same about Owens, Ambrose, Seth, Bray, or an indy scrub, I wouldn't

Reigns and Cena got this shit on lock for 32 of the next 36 months minimum

Stop being a mark for the belt. You guys are sounding like Cody Rhodes here. They've really worked you guys into thinking Seth, Ambrose, Owens and AJ aren't in great spots?

Kuroyume

Banned
AJ to me is like Sami and to a lesser extent Cesaro. They just need to be fighting in the upper part of the card. The only people on the roster that need a title are Miz, New Day, Rusev, and Charlotte. I feel like being champions give those wrestlers more credibility to their characters.

AJ and Dean will be off the roster working ROH in 2 years

AJ is paid handsomely. Plus, he's older. I think he will ride this career out in WWE. I suspect a WWE WHC run relatively soon and an IC title run towards the very end of his career.

Dean, dunno. He's floating for sure right now. He can either win the MitB or be buried. He's over but his booking is really strange to me. I've never seen so many title shots for a guy followed by awful booking. The company seems like they're always one step forward, two steps back with him.

I know nothing about the man aside from the fact that his elbow drop is smooth like a butter knife.

elias-samson-elbow-drop-bull-dempsey.gif

kiguel182

I get that many people here don't like Roman but its really getting out hand when people can't even acknowledge when he performs well. Doesn't matter who is in the ring with him they always carry Roman according to some people. Its getting old.

I mean, when your two good matches are agains two of the best wrestlers in the world (AJ and Bryan) are we supposed to say that Reigns was the comparable to them?

Reigns did good work but obviously his partner helped him a lot. Bryan did carry Reigns to an excellent match and AJ also can have a good match with just about anyone.

Also, Reigns is a great heel. Is hard to like him because he is so unlikeable.

Actual top heel poll
http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-superstar-deserves-cake-in-the-face?sf26840585=1

Winners(Charlotte, Miz) are not surprising

I give Charlotte credit. It was one of the more involved promos for a female wrestler. Not trying to suggest anything by that - Women's wrestlers traditionally get very basic promo opportunities. Charlotte definitely caved a bit, though. She looked too upset, like she felt bad for the words she was saying, which, ironically, were that she doesn't care for her father at all.

Miz is a great heel. I am glad he resurrected himself. He still needs the belt, but he's been on fire lately, so he'll be able to stand on his own shortly.

Sheamus is underrated. He could be a great monster heel.
His full beard makes it even better to make him heel. Looks good on him.

And sorry no links on Dana's clothing. Currently on mobile and only way to describe was tight clothing. And looks like she doesn't know how to walk in boot heels.

Heroman

Banned
I get that many people here don't like Roman but its really getting out hand when people can't even acknowledge when he performs well. Doesn't matter who is in the ring with him they always carry Roman according to some people. Its getting old.

When you wreslte two best wreslter to have ever step in ring you tend to look really good, but when ROamn face guy who are good to averge he tend to look averge and boring , ie HHH macth or the bray match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Roman would be getting the same paycheck if he was heel

Fox318

Only thing I will say about Roman is one day he will have a Bret Hart heel type promo shooting on the crowd.

And its gonna be way more real than Seth's weak ass promo last night.

I mean, when your two good matches are agains two of the best wrestlers in the world (AJ and Bryan) are we supposed to say that Reigns was the comparable to them?

Reigns did good work but obviously his partner helped him a lot. Bryan did carry Reigns to an excellent match and AJ also can have a good match with just about anyone.

Also, Reigns is a great heel. Is hard to like him because he is so unlikeable.

I get what you're saying, but credit should still be given to Reigns for putting on the matches he did with AJ. He could have easily fucked it up and looked sloppy, but he's kept it together and worked very well with him.

Jesus christ, some people wont be happy unless everyone they love has the world title belt.

I would personally rather see AJ out of the main event / WHC spot light and working with the IC group. Zayn, Owens and AJ are all guys who are perfect for that belt and to bring it back to levels it was at one time.

Caderfix

Jesus christ, some people wont be happy unless everyone they love has the world title belt.

I would personally rather see AJ out of the main event / WHC spot light and working with the IC group. Zayn, Owens and AJ are all guys who are perfect for that belt and to bring it back to levels it was at one time.

I think the problem is not with the fact he's not the champ, but with his tracking record. I believe he lost more than he won since the start of his run, including to Jericho during his first Mania without a "good" reason.

I get what you're saying, but credit should still be given to Reigns for putting on the matches he did with AJ. He could have easily fucked it up and looked sloppy, but he's kept it together and worked very well with him.

Same here. It seems like the IC group is doing a lot of good stuff.

I think the problem is not with the fact he's not the champ, but with his tracking record. I believe he lost more than he won since the start of his run, including to Jericho during his first Mania without a "good" reason.

It's like another thing people don't want to admit:

Gallows and Anderson, since coming in, are 4-4.

50-50

This shit is like watching Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys football.

Wins and losses have never mattered though. There's been feuds in the past where guys who were over would lose or get screwed out of a clean win. That shit just happens.

Caderfix

It's like another thing people don't want to admit:

Gallows and Anderson, since coming in, are 4-4.

50-50

This shit is like watching Jason Garrett Dallas Cowboys football.

It is weird to me that people honestly believe that wins and losses don't matter. Sure, some guys lose all the time and are still over, like Ambrose, but I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the crowd would cheer just as much if his record was better.

It does matter, it's just that some wrestlers are able to keep going longer than others, but eventually, the good will goes away.

Wins and losses have never mattered though. There's been feuds in the past where guys who were over would lose or get screwed out of a clean win. That shit just happens.

I disagree with that.

It is weird to me that people honestly believe that wins and losses don't matter. Sure, some guys lose all the time and are still over, like Ambrose, but I don't think anyone can say with a straight face that the crowd would cheer just as much if his record was better.

It does matter, it's just that some wrestlers are able to keep going longer than others, but eventually, the good will goes away.

It took 3 weeks of nonstop good shit to make the fans even give a shit about Bray Wyatt this year, and when he comes back it's going to take at least 3 more weeks.

If he actually ever won a feud that mattered, that wouldn't be necessary once let alone twice, but welp

Caderfix

It took 3 weeks of nonstop good shit to make the fans even give a shit about Bray Wyatt this year, and when he comes back it's going to take at least 3 more weeks.

If he actually ever won a feud that mattered, that wouldn't be necessary once let alone twice, but welp

Yes. It's not a problem with the performer, but with the character's image. I really like Bray, but when he shows up even I tend to think "who's going to pin him tonight?". If the character loses a lot, eventually you won't be able to take it as a contender.

Yes. It's not a problem with the performer, but with the character's image. I really like Bray, but when he shows up even I tend to think "who's going to pin him tonight?". If the character loses a lot, eventually you won't be able to take it as a contender.
It's funny, because he beat the guy he absolutely should not have beat, D. Brine.

Strax

Bray is #1 at wasted wrestlers in WWE. Dude could've been the biggest heel in WWE for 2 years now without any problems.

Caderfix

With all this Berlyn avatars I now understand the importance of actually memorizing the wrassleGAF members by their user names not their avatars lol

Top Bottom