• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Nekofrog

Banned
You're ignoring the fact that Bryan concussed himself out of a career. All I'm saying is that AJ is a tool that the wwe recognizes they can use to elevate other guys to higher tiers. I didn't say he'll be the guy or ever be champ. They're parying him a hell of a lot of money and they're going to get their mileage out of him. I'm perfectly fine with the way AJ is being used and any kind of reaction of "oh well he's berried now" is over reaction

Good heavens, is it #IndiePosterTuesday already?

XWUBm4sl.jpg

Is the guy on the bottom left an Arik Cannon who himself go more than usual?

You're ignoring the fact that Bryan concussed himself out of a career. All I'm saying is that AJ is a tool that the wwe recognizes they can use to elevate other guys to higher tiers. I didn't say he'll be the guy or ever be champ. They're parying him a hell of a lot of money and they're going to get their mileage out of him. I'm perfectly fine with the way AJ is being used and any kind of reaction of "oh well he's berried now" is over reaction

AJ's 38 and there's already reports of him hurting. And that's before he decided to sacrifice his back for Roman.

Nekofrog

Banned
AJ's 38 and there's already reports of him hurting. And that's before he decided to sacrifice his back for Roman.

Right,which is why I said they're going to get their mileage out of him before he's done. If you guys think he's going to be down doing mixed tag matches with the damn outcasts or something you're crazy

sora87

Lol @ wwe, no matter how hard you try Seth-Kun is the face in this rivalry.
That charlotte thing was just awkward as hell, what the hell are they doing with her?
Expected them to something a little special for the 1,200th episode as well.

Right,which is why I said they're going to get their mileage out of him before he's done. If you guys think he's going to be down doing mixed tag matches with the damn outcasts or something you're crazy

I thought we were talking about whether he's gonna be in the main event again.

Nekofrog

Banned
it doesn't? i was offering my opinion on where AJ's WWE career goes from here

also, it means having matches with guys like Owens/Zayn/Nakamura if he ever comes up. not main event, but not Ziggler pre show or curtain jerking matches just to let people know the show started

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not even sure if the Shining Stars are supposed to be delusional or not.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is a big thing to say, but I think Mil Muertes might be my favorite new wrestling character of the last decade. The walking embodiment of death that actually fits the description to a tee, the pure fucking presence, the incredible look, the giant juggernaut without looking like a roided out bodybuilder reject, the way he carries himself outside of the ring and in the ring, the badass heel that can do cool things but still gets heat by being evil as fuck looking, the way they smartly book around him making him always look like a monster rather than having Kevinowensrandyorton.jpg.
lucha-underground-dark-olympus.jpg

A long way from Ricky Banderas

This is a big thing to say, but I think Mil Muertes might be my favorite new wrestling character of the last decade. The walking embodiment of death that actually fits the description to a tee, the pure fucking presence, the incredible look, the giant juggernaut without looking like a roided out bodybuilder reject, the way he carries himself outside of the ring and in the ring, the badass heel that can do cool things but still gets heat by being evil as fuck looking, the way they smartly book around him making him always look like a monster rather than having Kevinowensrandyorton.jpg.

Gilbert Cosme (born May 25, 1975) is a Puerto Rican professional wrestler

He'd make a great addition to The Shining Stars

lucha-underground-dark-olympus.jpg

I even liked the Aztec Warfare 2 angle. It took numerous people to finally take him down, and even then it didn't matter because seconds later someone else took his place, and the same people who hated him wound up needing his help later on. Actual good storytelling in wrestling? Plus actual good characters? Holy shit it's been so long

Fox318

Imagine how unwatchable the XFL would be if modern day Dunn was in control?

the one takeaway from the XFL is that people want to watch people who are good at something do said thing.

Honestly its tough to judge how bad it would be because the people who run the circus of the WWE have done it for so long they are practically isolated from society.

When Vince met with Jerry Joned do you think he even knew a single member of the cowboys?

Raw64life

AJ was hired for two reasons:

1 - so that he didn't wrestle anywhere else

2 - make Vince's guys look strong

He's getting paid handsomely to do this and probably doesn't mind at all. People still think he's gonna get a world title run. lol

He's getting paid handsomely to do this and probably doesn't mind at all. People still think he's gonna get a world title run. lol

I definitely can see him being a transitional champion - similar to Sheamus back in December. He won't get an extended run, no sir.

xintin

Question for anyone that's been to a Smackdown taping recently: How feasible is it to just go the box office and buy a couple tickets an hour or so before the show?

Does SmackDown usually sell out?

Money and nobody gave a fuck about it
Just what I thought.

Question for anyone that's been to a Smackdown taping recently: How feasible is it to just go the box office and buy a couple tickets an hour or so before the show?

Does SmackDown usually sell out?
It's probably easy simply because sd usually doesn't sell out unless it's a major major city nowadays. The last time I went, of course I ordered my tickets online. This was in November.

Well this is probably all true. We can be happy that hes making a good amount, I am genuinely happy for him. I think hes had an amazing career.

austin-aries.gif

Foley was not supposed to be the new Taker and the new face of fear.

You can't make people fear you just by using spooky lights. Bray is a loser that talks a big game but can't put up. Because he loses. People who lose are losers.

Foley was a guy that could take punishment not an imposing force of nature.

I don't disagree. I was just trying to say/point out that it's possible to have a guy lose early on, but still be fortunate enough to turn it around. I don't think an all out panic needs to be made over whats' going on with AJ.

A lot of this happened before "the new era" so it should be interesting to see if things correct themselves with regards to guys like Bray and Ambrose.

xintin

Just what I thought.

It's probably easy simply because sd usually doesn't sell out unless it's a major major city nowadays. The last time I went, of course I ordered my tickets online. This was in November.
Thanks. Norfolk isn't a major city so I imagine it won't sell out. Waiting for a response from a friend before ordering online, so just wanted to know in case we have to rush to the arena :p

Kurita

I have to say, as much as Sheamus is useless, his entrance always cracks me up. Good theme, too.
Hopefully he breaks Apollo Crews in half and sends him back to NXT.

shaowebb

Well, I am VERY pleased with my pick for Avatar rumble.

Thank you all for putting that together. I was on edge of my seat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdjQvzEDdfQ&feature=youtu.be&t=51m50s

sigh...
Next time I'll learn the rules before I participate. I thought if you're character won you had to wear their avatar. Not whomever wins everyone wears. Now I have Berlyn for a month.

To be fair though I attempted to vote Super Porky into the Rumble but I guess he didn't spot my post back when he set it up. My guy didn't even show up.

Zach

Was that Shane McMahon podcast thingy as uneventful as it seemed? I only half-watched it this morning while getting around.

I have to say, as much as Sheamus is useless, his entrance always cracks me up. Good theme, too.
Hopefully he breaks Apollo Crews in half and sends him back to NXT.

It's a shameful thing
To watch Sheamus in the ring
To get no heat
As his ass gets beat
To try to main event
When he's really a Muppet
giphy.gif

Top Bottom