• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

UberTag

I just have to ask.. maybe one of you guys knows the answer:
Whats up with all those Alex Wright avatars?
Those people are all a part of a new secret society... Das Wunderkinders.
We're not supposed to talk about it, though.

There are only two ways you can join...
1) Be the son of a Das Wunderkinder.
2) Save the life of a Das Wunderkinder.

shaowebb

17e7bafa605680331b4fcb3b7a613176243a8540_hq.gif

The true king of violence is always Hurricane Polymar. His finish is to keep hitting people long after they go limp with his super strength.
GJzqBxG.gif

delSai

Avatar Royal Rumble happened yesterday. Everyone voted and if their chosen person showed in the Rumble then it meant they were on the hook to wear for a month the avatar of whatever character won the Royal Rumble. Someone entered Berlyn and he won the Rumble over Mr Perfect and Angelico at the end.

I'm free because my guy didn't make it into the Rumble. I was wearing Berlyn for nothing apparently. To be fair it'd been worse had Super Porky made it in and won though.

Ah, thanks. Sounds fun.
Oh well, at least my countries biggest Star in the Wrestling World is getting some uh, love i guess? All those avatars of him made me feel uncomfortable for some reason lol.

Those people are all a part of a new secret society... Das Wunderkinders.
We're not supposed to talk about it, though.

There are only two ways you can join...
1) Be the son of a Das Wunderkinder.
2) Save the life of a Das Wunderkinder.

Eh, i'm fine.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, thanks. Sounds fun.
Oh well, at least my countries biggest Star in the Wrestling World is getting some uh, love i guess? All those avatars of him made me feel uncomfortable for some reason lol.

Alex Wright was legitimately wonderful!

Laws00

So this is the "NEW ERA"

I wonder who will actually bring in this new era of wrestling or did someone already usher it in?

shaowebb

Ah, thanks. Sounds fun.

I think they make everyone uncomfortable because its an Alex Wright tier avatar lol.
I'm free though so I'm definitely not putting mine back on. :)
I will enter next time though with Super Porky. I wanna see that guy in the next rumble. Though honestly I REALLY want the next rumble to use Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

HERE IS A LINK TO IT ON PSN

And an explanation of how awesome it is on PSN
Link to the boards with tons of saved characters

Now you can just load stuff from the community to a thumbdrive and pop it onto your ps3 to enjoy. Finishes are pretty realistic and matches have pretty great AI psychology. Plus there are crazier mode types.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ah, thanks. Sounds fun.

Bin stolz auf Ihren Berlyn, delSai, vielleicht das beste aus Deutschland neben Michael Schumacher, Scooter und Modern Talking.

Last night I was kind of expecting Dana to either low blow Ric and then Charlotte to push him out of the ring or Charlotte to at least smack him but instead of was a verbal beat down with a Kano like Fatality. Now if only they truly built that up but build up with just a tiny bit of subtly is hard I guess. Really, not hard to let Ric do his thing and get a crowd reaction, do his shtick awhile we get glaces of Charlotte being annoyed leading to him doing it repeatedly over the last few weeks until it nearly comes to a head at the PPV leading to Monday night where she blows up and kicks him to the curb. Long term booking only probably applies to Roman, Cena and maybe the Undertaker at this point.

Roman Reigns truly is the new John Cena but without that couple years of a heel transitioning into a face singles run that got him over in the first place and then not long after got the crowd over a certain age turning on him. We skipped to just to that crowd rejecting him because he's already doing the Super Cena/Hulk Hogan shit that was already beyond stale 20 years ago.

Then again this is the company that's still putting authority figures at the center of story lines for most of the last 20 years as well.

Honestly, Charlotte could have simply said in the back while sitting down with her dad:

You know what I appreciate everything you have done for me.
I need to ask you for a favor.
I need to do this on my own now. Its very important to me.
Can you do that for me dad.

Instead of the cheap heat BS they did last night. i didn't like that.

klonere

Banned
Honestly, Charlotte could have simply said in the back while sitting down with her dad:

its not real

That's not what heels do...

Isn't that card disgustingly stacked already? Rev Pro really are becoming the PWG of Ingerland.

That's the Angle Sabre show the month before, this is the show the next month with Shibata.

I'm just reinforcing your point really

EDIT: regarding the rumble, entries were by PM only, so if your entrant didn't show up/you didn't pm me, you're free!

shaowebb

Fantastic game. Every Wrestling/Gaming Fan should own it.
Buy it you scrubs so we can get a new one.

Recently Spike has been asking the public to talk about Fire Pro in hopes of making a new one. God would that be great. Last time Fire Pro did anything an avatar wrestling game for 360 was in development and the name got licensed onto it. Horrible. Just horrible.

Buy Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and experience greatness. I love the belt and arena editting and the crazy deathmatch style stuff as well. I used to have a really REALLY good looking Megaman and Protoman made on PS2 as my tag champs and I made a 4 man tag belt and turns out Team 4 swords took it. Sephiroth was an Undertaker like champ forever till the AI Hulk came and Brock Lesnared him to start a new era. Sephi went on to be a cage champ.

I'll need to check my PS2 files and get them rebuilt for this on PS3 so I can share sometime.

Zach

I think they make everyone uncomfortable because its an Alex Wright tier avatar lol.
I'm free though so I'm definitely not putting mine back on. :)
I will enter next time though with Super Porky. I wanna see that guy in the next rumble. Though honestly I REALLY want the next rumble to use Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

HERE IS A LINK TO IT ON PSN

And an explanation of how awesome it is on PSN
Link to the boards with tons of saved characters

Now you can just load stuff from the community to a thumbdrive and pop it onto your ps3 to enjoy. Finishes are pretty realistic and matches have pretty great AI psychology. Plus there are crazier mode types.
Maybe you should do a Fire Pro Avatar Deathmatch Tournament next month, pal. Reach for that brass ring.
I don't even know who Berlyn is
You need to study some tapes, kid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdjQvzEDdfQ&t=1228

This is why. My power went out before the finish, so wasn't able to change my avatar until the morning.
It was worth the wait.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Are we supposed to be sad Eden is leaving? She doesn't do anything.

shaowebb

Maybe you should do a Fire Pro Avatar Deathmatch Tournament next month, pal. Reach for that brass ring.

I'm currently working on getting PS3 media server downloaded and setup. If the streaming quality is good enough I may just do that. I love using create a character tools. My Scribblenauts Unlimited stuff is testament to that and its still some of the highest voted content on steam in the workshop.

God help us if Fire Pro ever hits steam. I'd live there in the lab creating stuff.
Lets see if I can't get my Megaman/Protoman back first on PS3. Then maybe some Undertale, Tatsunoko, and Rogue Legacy would be good...
I like this plan.

If I go ahead with the stream I'll have folks pick a game or animated character and see what I can do. For now I'm gonna see how she all runs. :)

Never did like Eden much with announcing. She came off like she was trying to do a Lillian impression half the time.

I don't hate Camp WWE and that fact makes me hate myself.
I really enjoy it if I'm honest. First episode was a bit eh but the show got better with the second episode, and three has been my favorite so far and four was enjoyable.

Isn't that card disgustingly stacked already? Rev Pro really are becoming the PWG of Ingerland.

All of their upcoming London shows look stacked, it's nuts;

. 06/05; Marty Scurll vs Big Damo, Pete Dunne (c) vs Matt Cross, Mike Bailey vs Josh Bodom, Mark Haskins vs Trent Seven, Sha Samuels vs Noam Dar, Addy Starr vs Jinny

. 06/12; Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr, Chris Hero vs Josh Bodom, Pete Dunne vs Martin Stone, Noam Dar vs Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay vs Mike Bailey, Big Damo vs Big Daddy Walter

. 07/10: Marty Scurll vs Mike Bailey, plus: Katsuyori Shibata, Tomohiro Ishii & Moose

We could have had Mr Perfect, or RoboCop, or Disco, or Giant Gonzalez.

Instead I look like the villain from the Double Dragon movie

I saw that movie for the first time last week, good lord it was horrible.

funnily enough though I said to my friend while watching that Robert Patrick's character looked like a WCW mid card heel from the late nineties so....yeah.
(I blame the sunglasses, indoors)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like the inevitable Cena/AJ feud should end with them being best buddies and becoming the new premier tag team of the WWE.

Top Bottom