• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

bjork

So I put a case on my phone the other day. Last night/this morning, I'm sitting at work, and I notice that one of the cracks in my screen has turned into a small shattered area. When I get home, I look at it and see little bits of glass between the screen and the screen cover. There's no way this thing will last til October.

My order was still on hold from the other day, and while I had planned to let it simply lapse, I called and verified my information and everything. The girl says that I'll need to agree to the terms and conditions before they ship. She sends the emails and I look at the information, which says to call this number to agree to terms and conditions. I call, and it's automated, but it offers nothing of terms and conditions. I call again just to make sure, and no, nothing.

So I call and get some other lady and explain this to her, and she puts me on hold to try the number herself and she sounded kinda annoyed when she put me on hold, but when she came back she agreed that the option wasn't there. She said maybe I could try again in a couple of hours and then maybe it would work, so I said ok, she apologized for the trouble, and here we are. They already have my money, now it's just a matter of getting the phone from wherever they are, to my house.

notworksafe

Meltz says Cena is going to be a Smackdown Guy. Also they have full plans for the second title

Cena wins MITB, gets drafted to Smackdown. There is a backstage segment where the GM is deciding who gets in the first match for the Smackdown title, Cena cashes in MITB to get a spot in the match. Cena wins the match and becomes 16x champ (and gets a first MITB match win), immediately elevating the Smackdown title.

edit: He then starts the Smackdown Open Challenge the next week as a place for NXT and midcard talent to test their mettle against him in the ring.

klonere

Banned
I hope both have under 2.00

Same, burn this thing down.

giphy.gif

Not surprised that Cena will be the main guy on Smackdown. It's for the best because Cena is a better rassler than Reigns and can showcase that on Smackdown.

Making two World titles again would be a mistake though. Just elevate the Intercontinental title as the 2nd belt. Use that as a stepping stone for the WWE World title like it was once before.

I agree with this idea but then it really makes Smackdown a B show as the aim for all the main eventers on Smackdown would be to get on Raw to challenge for the World Title. Or maybe win it and bring it to Smackdown?

Ithil

Meltz says Cena is going to be a Smackdown Guy. Also they have full plans for the second title

I don't recall him saying Cena would be a Smackdown guy specifically, just that Reigns and Cena would be the two top guys on each brand. It does seem more likely he'd be Smackdown, however.

klonere

Banned
Hot Take #526 on the Brand Split

One thing they got really good at down in NXT is engendering brand loyalty or passion in the audience, all the We Are NXT stuff, all the speeches from Hunter, the difference in presentation. It's so well done that you could arguably build an invasion storyline around it that would be far more effective than say, the Nexus as it works on many different levels rather than "angry rookies".

If they can replicate that energy on Smackdown - and with a lot of the key people managing Smackdown now, who is to say they couldn't - this thing might just work. You'd have automatic heat for Raw vs Smackdown matches based off that.

Of course the work involved in pulling that off is great and would require not only a stock of talent strictly being kept to one show or the other but also distinctive production (HA), booking philosophies (double HA) and a commitment to all this and more for perhaps more than a year (HA x infinite).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
God, I wish we could have Jazzy Lahoria as GM. He had such an awesome look.
jUVAl3M.jpg

Tom Nook

Do a Draft Day special presentation on the Network (get people to subscribe).
Roster officially split and starts on July 18 for Raw and July 19 for SD.

Champions can defend titles between shows:

WWE Champ: Roman
Tag Champ: New Day

Raw: Rio, Corbin, Cass and Enzo, Big Show, Wyatt Family, Lesnar, Dudley Boys, Ziggler, Fandango, Usos, Kane, Henry, Miz (IC Champ), R-Truth, Goldust, Orton, Rollins, Sheamus, Titus.

SD: Vaudevillians, AJ, Crews, Social Outcast, Cesaro, Jericho, Young, Ambrose, Shining Stars, Swagger, Cena, Kalisto, The Club, Owens, Neville, Rusev (US Champ), Zayn, Sin Cara, Breeze.

If RAW is staying 3 hours, The Women's Division is in RAW.

Tag Teams
RAW: Cass and Enzo, Wyatt Family, Dudleys, Golden Truth, Usos
SD: Vaudevilians, Social Outcast, Shining Stars, The Club, Lucha Dragons.

I try to balance top guys and jobbers between both brands.

In future Draft shows, Shane and Steph fight over who gets who in NXT.

shanafan

As things stand, the belief is there will be a draft show on 7/11 in Detroit. Talent will not be told (aside from perhaps a few key people) which show they will be on until that night. For the most part, talent is right now completely in the dark regarding what is happening, and most of the key decisions are leaning in directions but none are solidified.

I'll be there, woohoo!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To me, some of the most encouraging things in the Observer about the split are these things:

This part is kind of weird though:

Dave says he knows which way the top 6-8 guys are going, but I was more interested in who the top 6-8 guys are considered to be.

klonere

Banned
Dave says he expects the brand split to die a quick death if the ratings die.

Over a period of time where it makes sense to analyze ratings, they having been dying for years on end so brand split is DOA right/

They don't expect to actually grow the audience with this in the year of our lord 2016?

Over a period of time where it makes sense to analyze ratings, they having been dying for years on end so brand split is DOA right/

They don't expect to actually grow the audience with this in the year of our lord 2016?

It a desperate bid by USA to bolster its ratings. There is belief that live tv is DVR proof. But wwe is no where near as popular as the NFL or NBA

Also they can barely produce a 3,hr show. 5 hours seems insane for,thrm

klonere

Banned
"Oh so Roman is getting his run with the World Title at last? Looks like we'll make another World Title and I'll book it better, even if it only for a while" - Triple H

#PoliticalHit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total War: Warhammer is fucking fantastic. FUCK. So good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I think the big issue he said was whether SmackDown branded house shows are dead.

klonere

Banned
I think the big issue he said was whether SmackDown branded house shows are dead.

I know they aren't doing more house shows but man this was the time to do week on week off rotating house shows (Raw one week Smackdown next) so you'd at least give people a few days off every other week.

Grind em to the damn bone.

Angry Grimace

I know they aren't doing more house shows but man this was the time to do week on week off rotating house shows (Raw one week Smackdown next) so you'd at least give people a few days off every other week.

Grind em to the damn bone.
They are doing more house shows. Monday nights they are running SmackDown house shows which will compete with Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They are doing more house shows. Monday nights they are running SmackDown house shows which will compete with Raw.

Good, they need to wrestle more. All their downtime is causing these injuries. They need to be out there damn near every night.

Hope you all like the next set of indy raids! Expect a bunch of more signings, half of which might still be healthy by this time next year

Rush? Oh yeah, he's fucked. I'm thinking he has two more years in the business maybe. The company's going to extra-break his bones and will

klonere

Banned
Hope you all like the next set of indy raids! Expect a bunch of more signings, half of which might still be healthy by this time next year

Rush? Oh yeah, he's fucked. I'm thinking he has two more years in the business maybe. The company's going to extra-break his bones and will

Dragon Lee, Sasha and Ospreay are all already insanely banged up before 25 years of age.

God bless this business.

They should hire AR Fox. The man seems to be indestructible.

Top Bottom