• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

That No Mercy framerate when you're doin 4 players. . .
anigif_enhanced-30234-1407792571-6.gif

It's like suffering succotash man. Shit is unbearable.

They finally acknowledge the marriage of Debra and Austin lol!

Did you know if you turn off the background music in the options it runs perfectly fine?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They average 2+ ref bumps a match for awhile there. Plus at least one heel turn every half hour or so. It becomes farcical.

That's the real problem with Russo/Russo style booking as some of the worst shit actually happens before/after his booking periods in a vain attempt to try and copy the WWF formula at the time. Too much flip flopping makes people disinterested in the product. Swerves are utterly useless when everyone knows one is coming every match.

Strax

I watched the 20-Man Battle Royal - World Heavyweight Title Match from 2007 for the first time and crowd is like a matte painting, even the signs don't move.

Zach

How do I go about listening to the Lapsed Fan? Do I start wherever, or with the first one, or from new to old? What do!?

As you may be aware, I'm all about chronology and context. That being said, I'd choose a show you're familiar with, or one you'd like to know more about, or an infamously bad show to try out first. If you like it, and you're looking for a fun podcast to listen to regularly, I'd then start from the beginning.

XenoRaven

when ranked comes, that is when you can worry about the meta

until then, play who you want
It's not so much about the meta. It's about my team picking Genji because "oh cool he's a robot ninja" and then the enemy team just marches the payload to the end of the map without stopping, ending the game in about as much time as it took to actually get into it.

I can lose gracefully. I don't care who wins as long as I have fun. It's not fun getting steamrolled because your teammates can't read.

Anyway, back to wrestling.

XenoRaven

Are there any One Piece fans in here?

I'm wondering if Senor Pink is a reference to an actual wrestler or wrestlers. He keeps suplexing Franky.

I'm pretty sure Diamante is supposed to be Steven Tyler.

*walks into the WrassleGaf lounge, OG Kane stares at the rest of the group. Walks over to the couch to chill*

Carry on... Good day to you all!!

Recall

Starrcade 2000 lapsed fan podcast is making me angry, as its reminded me how much I hate Vince Russo and his opinion of himself.

Russo's grand plan with Tank Abbott is horrific but it's Russo so any failings are not his own doing.

The lead singer from the accursed Maroon 5, Adam Levine? He'd have sold Austin's Stunner better...
Is he has the moves like Jack Swaggdr, maybe.

Jesus hell, Vince screws Austin out of the title match against Angle, then gives this midcard jobber Hunter the number 1 contendership? Fuck Austin should've gotten the job done when he dumped him from that fortlift. I'm sick of this piece of shit.

XenoRaven

I like how Abdullah from One Piece has the blade scars on his forehead even though there's no reason for someone who isn't a wrestler to ever have scars like that.

I thought this was the arc that Suzuki was in, but I guess maybe he's in a filler episode or a special or movie or something.

Is he has the moves like Jack Swaggdr, maybe.

Jesus hell, Vince screws Austin out of the title match against Angle, then gives this midcard jobber Hunter the number 1 contendership? Fuck Austin should've gotten the job done when he dumped him from that fortlift. I'm sick of this piece of shit.
Austin's Sawft.

Stick a fork in him

Top Bottom