• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Aiii

So not worth it
tumblr_o7ulccd8uv1uane13o1_1280.jpg
I feel this is a jab at Stephanie.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Too many stingers. There's some sort of leaked press release which talks about it in a fair amount of detail IIRC, including the fact that only Taker, Kane and Lawler would be allowed to do them in the future.
The big one was Stone Cold's injury. Stephanie said only Kane and Taker could perform them to Congress when they had a hearing about wrestling injuries.

Too many stingers. There's some sort of leaked press release which talks about it in a fair amount of detail IIRC, including the fact that only Taker, Kane and Lawler would be allowed to do them in the future.
Oh ok is this a release from 2000?

Blue...are you ready to enter hell?!?
I don't think I am. I think I may do the worst and convert to wCw permanently.

The big one was Stone Cold's injury. Stephanie said only Kane and Taker could perform them to Congress when they had a hearing about wrestling injuries.
Yeah, I figured it was possibly Stone Cold. Gotta protect the cream.

Perry Saturn must've done a bpdy switch with Eddie. He comes out here with his Latino Heat shirt and snake skin cowboy boots. What the hell is his problem.

BFIB

Damn right son. Which looks to be a fuck of clusters at this point. If Hunter is in the main event, I'm going to do the job.
Excellent. The only WM I've ever attended, but probably the best WM ever.

Also, Chyna is smokin hot at WM. Come at me.

The Warriors/Thunder game last night peaked at 14.6 million viewers. Could we see a sub-2.0 average even with Cena's return? They better front load Cena's return before Game 7 starts.

The Warriors/Thunder game last night peaked at 14.6 million viewers. Could we see a sub-2.0 average even with Cena's return? They better front load Cena's return before Game 7 starts.

I kinda wonder if Vince has already rewritten Raw like six times today.

I could see Cena return promo to start Raw. Then he "saves" Kalisto from a Rusev beat down midway into Raw. Rusev challenges Cena. Cena vs. Rusev main event.

Excellent. The only WM I've ever attended, but probably the best WM ever.

Also, Chyna is smokin hot at WM. Come at me.
Are you from the future? Ot hasn't happened yet(lol).

Nah but that headpiece really brought out her beauty imo.
I think it was after 2000, Angry remembered the bits about Steph better than I. And my Google-fu on mobile has let me down.
Someone has to find it. I'm curious.

The DX entrance is so bad. How did I think this was cool as a kid? It makes me wonder if Dunn re-watches these and thinks "yeah, lets make the camera go nuts while matches are going on" because it feels the fucking same

Menome

The DX entrance is so bad. How did I think this was cool as a kid? It makes me wonder if Dunn re-watches these and thinks "yeah, lets make the camera go nuts while matches are going on" because it feels the fucking same

I think it's the most time-capsule perfect part of the Attitude Era. It couldn't have happened at any other part of history and just sums up the visual style of the turn of the century.

Not to say that it's any good, but it just works at transporting you back to 1998/99.

Zach

I think it's the most time-capsule perfect part of the Attitude Era. It couldn't have happened at any other part of history and just sums up the visual style of the turn of the century.

Not to say that it's any good, but it just works at transporting you back to 1998/99.

Mmhmm, mmhmm. I always fast-forward through it now. Unless it's a PPV. Because I'm not allowed to fast-forward during PPVs, as that would compromise the integrity of the Gradez. >_>

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ricochet had a well thought out response to the flippity flop thing. Ospreay and Vader just continue to exacerbate it like children.

'lolumad' over some dumb flips.

And Vader's point seems to continue to be missed over 'lolumad' which was that the point of a match is that someone wants to win. And that 'showcase' doesn't show that at all.

First two versions of dx, it is fine. When they make dx 2000 it's a totally different monster. I have to cover my eyes whenever it happens.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Like 'Well Vader uses moonsaults' trying to criticize Vader in here. Yeah, he did them to try to win. I don't know what two dudes doing handsprings at the same time says about trying to win. I don't know why people took that as 'Vader doesn't like flips'. I also think, to be fair, Vader suffered from not being familiar with the characters. But it is the direction wrestling is going in, and I don't think he's wrong for finding that worrying. If 'wrestling is dead' is a little bit severe for a gif.

boy I can't wait for flipgate to be over with.

I'm legit shook friends, in an act of sibling dickery only matched by Taker burning down Kane's house my brother passed on his vomiting virus to me and i've been chucking up for the first time in a good 15 years or so, I've endured an entire Cena era of main events in that time.
So personally I'm also blaming Roman Reigns.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've noticed a trend in 90's wrestling from 1993 on: The best US promotion is the one with Mick Foley in it.

WCW is the best in 1993, ECW is at its height in late 1994-1995 and WWF starts its long climb to the top pretty much the second he arrives.

Top Bottom