• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Jamie OD

sorry, if i'm ironically getting behind a big guy
mN3Cy0.gif

it ain't kane

It's like a baby's first photoshoot.

bjork

I was scheduled off last night/this morning, but they decided I needed to work. So I set the clock for 9 pm, and at like 11 am I just said forget it, and I went to sleep. I woke up and looked at the clock, 7:58. I couldn't believe that I had slept that long without waking up, and I was bummed because it wasn't restful and I only had an hour left. Got up to pee, and when I came back and looked at the clock, I noticed it said 1:58, not 7:58. I was so glad for that extra six hours of laying there not being awake.

It's the little things, fellows.

Poor FE, what happened??

PROGRESS INFO DUMP:
Quarter Finals:
Mark Haskins
won his qualifier, but has been forced to withdraw due to serious illness.
Mikey Whiplash v ???
Zack Gibson v Jack Gallagher
Chris Hero v Big Daddy Walter
Sami Callihan v Tommy End

Day 2 also has
Dazzler Team v Sweet Jesus #1 Contender Street Fight
Bodyguy Roy Johnson Wasteman Challenge!

Also announced overnight:
Cjse-qeWsAA4j4i.jpg:large

taking place in Toronto, and Johnny Gargano defends the Smash title at the next PROGRESS chapter in London.

In Canada, the WWE network had issues with the VOD service (On my Cable company, Shaw) for the past year or so. Continues Login loops and the app would do the same thing. Customer service was a run around (Go to WWE, go to Shaw, it's their fault..). I've enjoyed (To a certain extent) the actual "channel" in Canada due to the fact PPV's are not behind a buffer or the internet and seem to be 10 to 20 seconds faster than the actual Network stream.

The channel itself is a standard week is looped programming each day on a 6hr loop. Each Sunday was the "old" PPV nights of the current PPV of that month. So old Money in The Banks until the live event in June.

I had the Network back in April last year for Wrestlemania then cancelled it right after. This past November I said fuck it and got it back for Survivor Series and kept it since. The on going VOD issues for some reason finally cleared up today. So I now have full access of the network on my tablet and PC. Later today I'll try out the PS4 app or PS3 app.

Been watching WWE since forever (Late 1980's content with 1996 to current, on and off) with WCW back around the same time and ECW (Original back in 1997 through to the end. Mostly the ECW TV and a couple of PPV's) so having this older content is great. I have no idea where to start though lol.

First thing I watched was ECW Hardcore Heaven 2000 match between Justin Credible and Lance Storm. I'm a huge Francine guy. She knew how to take bumps, talk fucking trash and is hot as hell. Match was really good but Lance's drop kicks went straight over Justin's head lol. The bump Francine took from Tommy was nasty and so good.
giphy.gif

For some reason I never saw the "Tough Enough" season 1 from back in 2001. Holy fuck this is some bad shit on the first episode. Maven was there, young punk Josh Mathews. Old school Taz (before his downfall in TNA) was great.
gcBhwbQ.jpg

All of a sudden, mother fucking ODB!
uDsfPa9.jpg

Anything you guys can recommend to me would be great. I think I'll watch the Tough Enough Season 1 through to the end and start a ECW TV/PPV's in order. The other thing I jumped on quick was WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 Eddie Guerrero with Rey Mysterio. Just chills each time I see this. They put on the match of the year.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Kiyoshi

Poor FE, what happened??

PROGRESS INFO DUMP:
Quarter Finals:
Mark Haskins
won his qualifier, but has been forced to withdraw due to serious illness.
Mikey Whiplash v ???
Zack Gibson v Jack Gallagher
Chris Hero v Big Daddy Walter
Sami Callihan v Tommy End

Day 2 also has
Dazzler Team v Sweet Jesus #1 Contender Street Fight
Bodyguy Roy Johnson Wasteman Challenge!

Also announced overnight:
Cjse-qeWsAA4j4i.jpg:large

taking place in Toronto, and Johnny Gargano defends the Smash title at the next PROGRESS chapter in London.

Really enjoyed day 1, my first Progress show!

OK for those of you with artistic skill (you can count me out lol) I want to create a NeoGAF/WrassleGAF themed sign to take with me for the upcoming NXT UK Tour.

Sharpen your shooping skills and show me your best. I'll be front row at Belfast so this is a great chance to create something fun.

Kaladin

Finally The Rock is back.......home.

Seriously though, I've been away for a week, did I miss anything major? Key West, FL is like another world. We spent seven days honeymooning there after getting married and it was amazing. We saw a lot the island had to offer, had a lot of good food never eating at the same place or the same thing twice the whole week.

My amazing wife secured me a ticket for the Cruiserweight Classic Finals before we went, and I have a friend who is giving me a ticket to the semi-finals in August.

Life is good friends.....life is good. Now for a lazy morning before going out appliance shopping on some of the memorial day sales.

Zach

The other thing I jumped on quick was WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 Eddie Guerrero with Rey Mysterio. Just chills each time I see this. They put on the match of the year.

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
One of the best matches you will ever see.
Can't wait for Brock to return.
I hope he never returns.
Depends on how it goes. Roman is in the Cena category for me which is just below Triple H/Jeff Jarrett. Where it's like, 'Yeah, you're alright. Probably not worth what you're being pushed as, but I can see the line of thinking'

Where as Triple H Jeff Jarrett are 'you're an egomaniac piece of shit that thinks you're somebody special and will continue to tell people that until they either stop watching or accept you as the main event.' where as Roman and Cena just had that coming from Vince.
I wonder what Vince McMahon's honest all-time Fave Five would be...

Hex

Banned
Can't wait for Brock to return.

I am honestly bored of Brack and could care less if he comes back unless for once it is meaningful.
Him showing up to collect a paycheck and job out some talent who is actually working week to week and on house shows ragdolling them around so that he can keep his beast persona.
Put a mother fucker over now and then, and no Taker does not count he is another bad joke.

RBH

Finally The Rock is back.......home.

Seriously though, I've been away for a week, did I miss anything major? Key West, FL is like another world. We spent seven days honeymooning there after getting married and it was amazing. We saw a lot the island had to offer, had a lot of good food never eating at the same place or the same thing twice the whole week.

My amazing wife secured me a ticket for the Cruiserweight Classic Finals before we went, and I have a friend who is giving me a ticket to the semi-finals in August.

Life is good friends.....life is good. Now for a lazy morning before going out appliance shopping on some of the memorial day sales.
Congrats!

I knew game 7 of the Thunder-Warriors was on tonight, but I didn't know Game 1 of the Stanley Cup was on tonight too. Can't wait to see RBH's thread bumped tomorrow :)

Game of SCF wont take away that much viewership. I'm saying this as a hockey fan and a Pittsburgh fan. Hockey is just the red-headed step child of American sports

UberTag

I am honestly bored of Brack and could care less if he comes back unless for once it is meaningful.
Him showing up to collect a paycheck and job out some talent who is actually working week to week and on house shows ragdolling them around so that he can keep his beast persona.
Put a mother fucker over now and then, and no Taker does not count he is another bad joke.
I would enjoy Brock more if his matches consisted of more than suplex-suplex-suplex-ball shot-sell-sell-sell-suplex-finisher spam.
Even Heyman sounds bored on the mic in this role... and this is F-ing Paul Heyman... one of the best talkers of all-time.

And Brock is clearly capable of it. Hell, just bring him back to rough up sloppy workers in the ring like he did Strowman at the Rumble by doing whatever the hell he feels like.

That said, I could get behind a Brock vs. Styles match at Summerslam provided that he puts AJ over.

Ambrose vs Lesnar at Mania was so disappointing. I didn't want or need Dean to win but they hyped it all up and it was basically a squash match. Teased all those weapons and we just got chairs. Wonder if Brock said he would do it only if he more or less got to destroy Ambrose.

bjork

wwe.com listing 10 superstars who served in the military:

some wwe.com dickhead said:
Before Orton followed in the footsteps of his father “Cowboy” Bob Orton and his grandfather, Bob Orton Sr., however, The Viper enlisted in the U.S. Marine Corps. Orton did not adapt well to military life and left the service a year later. It did not take him long to find his calling and surpass the legacies of both his father and grandfather in becoming WWE’s Apex Predator.

"did not adapt well." He went AWOL. How do you even put him in the article?

Ithil

Ambrose vs Lesnar at Mania was so disappointing. I didn't want or need Dean to win but they hyped it all up and it was basically a squash match. Teased all those weapons and we just got chairs. Wonder if Brock said he would do it only if he more or less got to destroy Ambrose.

I think Brock doesn't care what he's told to do as long as his paychecks keep coming.

Ditto, he's not entertaining

The Ambrose vs Lesnar at WM was infuriating.
"Yeah Ambrose is a madman! He's gonna get crazy!"
-> Chairs and a squash

This is/was less on Brock and more on Ambrose/creative, imo. Ambrose doesn't do enough to sell it and creative isn't giving him in-ring freedom.

Kurita

This is/was less on Brock and more on Ambrose/creative, imo. Ambrose doesn't do enough to sell it and creative isn't giving him in-ring freedom.
I know, I wasn't really blaming Brock, I'm sure he would sell the Fingerpoke of Doom for a paycheck. I'm just tired of him being booked as a killing machine.

UberTag

I know, I wasn't really blaming Brock, I'm sure he would sell the Fingerpoke of Doom for a paycheck. I'm just tired of him being booked as a killing machine.
At least you have him putting over Roman clean to look forward to.
Will probably take more than the single spear it takes for everyone else to lose, however.
Then you'll get the respect speech from Heyman the very next night.

Mahonay

Banned
At least you have him putting over Roman clean to look forward to.
Will probably take more than the single spear it takes for everyone else to lose, however.
Then you'll get the respect speech from Heyman the very next night.
Heyman tried to get Roman over before WM31 and it didn't go well.

I think Brock doesn't care what he's told to do as long as his paychecks keep coming.
Maybe, but at the same time the way the match happened really seemed like someone was pulling strings for it to end up like that. Especially when in Jericho and Ambrose we did have the barbed wire bat being used.

Top Bottom