• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

I finally had a chance to watch the Ospreay/Ricochet match (navigating njpwworld remains as little fun as always). The flip off the ropes into poses was silly. Ospreays selling was comical at times. Other then that the match was fine.

No.

Brock's next WM opponent is a pretty clear choice.
12.jpg

A 2 on 1 match seems pretty good.

Sephzilla

joke post?

Road Dogg is the worst DX

There are about 30 worse nWo guys.

Road Dogg could at least talk, something X-Pac could never do and his spots were better than the fucking bronco buster. X-Pac got booted out of the nWo/WCW at a time when they were letting fucking everyone into the nWo. that's how shitty he was.

X Pac at one time was probably the best in ring performer in wwe. Discount all of the other bullshit, X Pac was good talent and I believe he should've been more than what he was. I think they neck injury and abusing pills really hurt him in 2000.

Scotty 2 Hotty also is a good wrestler but no one will look beyond "The Worm". It's a reason why they kept him around so long and it's because he could do well and make others look well in the ring. He had solid matches with Dean Malenko and could've been a bigger asset to the light heavyweight and Cruiserweight division.

X-Pac gives credence to a lot of the stuff Vince says that we don't agree with. In ring talent can absolutely over come other shortcomings, but it isn't immune to them.

X-Pac's look... his persona... the sound of his voice... and most of that was just Waltman... that all over came genuine in ring ability to the point where you couldn't root for the guy or even really feign interest in his matches. You know, the one good part of him.

Scotty 2 Hotty was fine in the ring, again if you ignore everything else. Where I put him over X-Pac is that he was actually able to connect with an audience even if it was through terrible dancing and one of the stupidest moves in wrestling. Heath Slater is great because we're supposed to want to see him lose.

But Scotty was a face almost his entire time in the WWE. Which is a shame because Too Much >>> Too Cool.

bjork

Road Dogg could at least talk, something X-Pac could never do and his spots were better than the fucking bronco buster. X-Pac got booted out of the nWo/WCW at a time when they were letting fucking everyone into the nWo. that's how shitty he was.

Road Dogg said the same catch phrase every week for like 3 years. Even Roman can do that. He was Jarrett's roadie, which makes him less than Jarrett, which in the eyes of the general wrasslegaf opinion means he must be extremely low.

Also, X-Pac got fired or released or whatever because Bischoff. He's even said so himself. Wasn't a matter of shitty or not.

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn were the perfect tag team imo. Both had something that the other didn't so you pair them together and bam!

Yeah. Bam! Two guys put together because their repackaging hadn't worked in both cases and went nowhere, so put them together and let them say the same thing every single week on and on and on and on. Then you let Rock rip Billy's balls out and kill him forever, and put Road Dogg with K-Kwik. Disasters all around, save the two years or so where Billy was a Smoking Gunn.

I agree completely with Austin's sentiments regarding Sasha Banks, she's wasted in Team BAD and she is one of the best women wrestlers out there right now. Having her drop the stable and go solo again would be great, hell I would say book her to beat Charlotte and have a run as a dominant heel champion like she was in NXT.

Bubba T

If KO wins MITB they'll definitely recreate the Smackdown title.

So are you all thinking Asuka/Nia Jax will go down at Takeover Brooklyn?

joke post?

Nope. He wasn't as good as Umaga, and is only really remembered for one move... but he was over. The whole Rock's cousin storyline would have probably killed anyone given how over Stone Cold was at the time they pulled that nonsense.

But he had a great look and while he wasn't an in ring master, he brought spectacle and had some good offense (again, not talking about the stink face).

bjork

Nope. He wasn't as good as Umaga, and is only really remembered for one move... but he was over. The whole Rock's cousin storyline would have probably killed anyone given how over Stone Cold was at the time they pulled that nonsense.

But he had a great look and while he wasn't an in ring master, he brought spectacle and had some good offense (again, not talking about the stink face).

He had to be repackaged four times before they got him over, though. So was it the character, the performer, or the fact that by the time he was Rikishi, *everyone* was over?

Sephzilla

Road Dogg said the same catch phrase every week for like 3 years. Even Roman can do that. He was Jarrett's roadie, which makes him less than Jarrett, which in the eyes of the general wrasslegaf opinion means he must be extremely low.

Also, X-Pac got fired or released or whatever because Bischoff. He's even said so himself. Wasn't a matter of shitty or not.

Bischoff fired a WWF guy at a time when he was hiring WWF guys left and right.

At least Road Dogg had a catch phrase to say. X-Pac spammed the "suck it" and crotch chop shit harder than a 13 year old playing No Mercy.

Road Dogg (and Billy Gunn) were overachievers whilst it can be argued that X-Pac is one of the bigger underachievers of the 90s.

bjork

Bischoff fired a WWF guy at a time when he was hiring WWF guys left and right.

At least Road Dogg had a catch phrase to say. X-Pac spammed the "suck it" and crotch chop shit harder than a 13 year old playing No Mercy.

At least X-Pac's shtick only took 5 seconds instead of forever and a day. And at least he didn't have cornrows. Fuck Road Dogg. FOREVER.

Road Dogg (and Billy Gunn) were overachievers whilst it can be argued that X-Pac is one of the bigger underachievers of the 90s.

Wait, what? How? Rock is the example of an overachiever. Dude was DOA and managed to turn it around into being one of the biggest stars ever. NAO got by on being HHH's buddies and didn't shit shit once that run was over, which wasn't that long in the scheme of things. Not that X-Pac did either, but let's not take too far of a leap when praising the most middling main event tag team ever.

DMczaf

Catching up on the weekend of wrasslin

Fuck Ospreay/Ricochet

If they want to put on a dance performance, just get on a reality talent show.

XenoRaven

I don't consider bending a man over into a pumphandle position and then mock fucking them in the ass to be a better spot than the Bronco Buster.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys,

Did I miss something or is there some sort of 'uproar' over the Ospreay vs. Richochet match? Why?

I haven't seen it, but curious on what you guys are thinking or have heard about it.

bjork

So what's Cena's first move tonight? Eating Rusev alive?

Trying to transfer his powers to Roman, while praising Roman in a promo.

Hey guys,

Did I miss something or is there some sort of 'uproar' over the Ospreay vs. Richochet match? Why?

I haven't seen it, but curious on what you guys are thinking or have heard about it.

It's people picking a side on what they consider wrestling. The gif in question has a ton of fast and high-flying stuff with flips and whatnot. Vader said it doesn't tell a story. Ricochet said if wrestling is an art, anyone can interpret art as they wish, and there's a place for dudes being all acrobatic just like there's a place for two old hoss dudes chopping each other. I think I can appreciate the athleticism, because my old man ass isn't going to go do that stuff, but it isn't the kind of wrestling I'd go seek out if I were wanting to watch a match.

X-Pac will forever suck. At least Road Dogg connected with the crowd every week. Nobody gives a shit about X-Pac.

......oh.

When did this happen?

Last weeks NXT taping when Nia beat Carmella and Alexa Bliss for the #1 contender spot.

Edit: Changed to avoid confusion and amend autocorrect fuckery.

DMczaf

We found vaders Gaf account

They have all the athletic and agility talent in the world, yet put zero thought into "how do we work our talent into a match logically without looking completely foolish?" And then they just settle on "fuck it, let's do flippy dippy shit and pose for pops :D"

Top Bottom