• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

One day I'll go through 02/03 RW. It might be worst than the AE

https://twitter.com/bossmoz/status/736199764417478656

CjdudSaVEAAj6lT.jpg

OK for those of you with artistic skill (you can count me out lol) I want to create a NeoGAF/WrassleGAF themed sign to take with me for the upcoming NXT UK Tour.

Sharpen your shooping skills and show me your best. I'll be front row at Belfast so this is a great chance to create something fun.

Still looking for help on this.

On what criteria? Due to his high card placement during an era where everyone was over, and I mean everyone? Surely there are 10 worse, even if you went company specific.

Worst in, how was this guy able to stick around for so long and consistently be in the spotlight. So yeah, I guess in the "deserving" aspect of things. His mic work is pretty awful, he's boring in the ring and some how he was given more than most others of the same time.

I am the luckiest motherfucker in the world: I beat Ornstein & Smough on my first attempt with a millimetre of health and no Estus flasks at the end of it.

I wish it had happened on a PS4 version rather than my Xbox 360 as I have no video evidence for it, just my achievements for Anor Londo all being on the same date.
I just fucking beat it first try after waking up. I changed weapons and did WAY more damage than my Drake Sword. I was only doing ~34 yesterday. This is what it feels like to pin Reigns.

bjork

Still looking for help on this.

A thread in the regular OT might spark up some funny replies?

Worst in, how was this guy able to stick around for so long and consistently be in the spotlight. So yeah, I guess in the "deserving" aspect of things. His mic work is pretty awful, he's boring in the ring and some how he was given more than most others of the same time.

He was the first WWF dude to say bitch in a promo, so he gets a pass from me. Plus, that match he had with Bret on Raw in 94 is a great great match. I think he was capable of putting on really good matches, but when you're working with shits like Godfather and Scotty 2 Hotty, what can you expect?

Zach

Haha, my son walked through the living room while Triple H's "My Time" theme started and he was like "what is that horrible noise??"

bjork

Fallout 4 mods come to Xbox One tomorrow. I wonder how many of the 800+ they're touting are actually going to be something I'd be interested in using.

bjork

FO3 and NV still has a very active community that use mods. This will be huge for the game.

I think the only FO3 mod I used was the one to remove GFWL. I never like to add content that wasn't originally there or "canon." But if there's something to improve performance, I could get behind that. Like if the Xbox One has a "this won't take like 40 seconds to load between areas" mod, I'm there.

On what criteria? Due to his high card placement during an era where everyone was over, and I mean everyone? Surely there are 10 worse, even if you went company specific.

He could go in the ring, but he's probably the defacto example of how little that can count for sometimes.

Bubba T

I was watching Table for 3 with Christian, Edge and Foley and Edge made a comment about Dean Ambrose being the most popular wrestler after DBry retired.

Edge is just lucky Vince doesn't watch otherwise he'd future endeavor that ass

Maybe if he did something cool like the worm or said the same catch phrase every week, he would've headlined WM

As much as I rag on Scotty 2 Hotty and Too Cool in general (deservedly so... awful awful team), I'd still rather watch them than X-Pac. There's just nothing about him.

Oh and since so many people get their panties in a bunch over it, no, Rikishi isn't a member of the team Too Cool. He was a member of the team Too Cool and Rikishi. Rikishi was great. Too Cool weren't. I wasn't watching when Scotty 2 Hottie and Rikishi were in a team (called Scotty 2 Hottie and Rikishi), so I don't know if they were better.

But they probably were, because only 50% of the team was awful, rather than 66%, or 100%.

I watched X-Pac wrestle yesterday during his Shane O Mac feud in the Corporate Ministry days (what an awesome entrance theme) and Shane was getting a fair share of cheers, despite the faction getting loads of heel heat the rest of the night.

The rest of DX dropped him like the dead weight he was... and he sank faster than I think even they were expecting.

Alrighty, you've completely lost it.

He was so bad, he has a type of heat (considered by many to be the worst kind of heat) named after him. He's pretty fucking bad.

X-Pac was truly awful. It's funny how he was part of the two biggest factions in the 90's yet nobody gave a fuck

What memorable things did he do in either of them so that we would give a fuck?

There was that decent promo when he came back to RAW.

Anything else?

Bubba T

What memorable things did he do in either of them so that we would give a fuck?

There was that decent promo when he came back to RAW.

Anything else?

The only things I care to remember was Mark Henry powerslamming him to get D'Lo the European title and Chyna low blowing him to allow HHH to go over at Wrestlemania. Other than that I don't give a damn about the guy.

X Pac at one time was probably the best in ring performer in wwe. Discount all of the other bullshit, X Pac was good talent and I believe he should've been more than what he was. I think they neck injury and abusing pills really hurt him in 2000.

Scotty 2 Hotty also is a good wrestler but no one will look beyond "The Worm". It's a reason why they kept him around so long and it's because he could do well and make others look well in the ring. He had solid matches with Dean Malenko and could've been a bigger asset to the light heavyweight and Cruiserweight division.

UberTag

I was watching Table for 3 with Christian, Edge and Foley and Edge made a comment about Dean Ambrose being the most popular wrestler after DBry retired.

Edge is just lucky Vince doesn't watch otherwise he'd future endeavor that ass
It's not like Edge was wrong. People were arguing for Ambrose to get the belt because he was over with the crowd. It certainly wasn't based on technical merit or anything.

Of course, this Table for 3 episode might well have been filmed prior to the Mania disaster and the Jericho angle accomplishing its intended goal of killing Dean's popularity with just about everyone just in time for Cena to return.

Scotty 2 Hotty also is a good wrestler but no one will look beyond "The Worm". It's a reason why they kept him around so long and it's because he could do well and make others look well in the ring. He had solid matches with Dean Malenko and could've been a bigger asset to the light heavyweight and Cruiserweight division.
Scotty 2 Hotty was perfectly fine enhancement talent... in much the same way as Heath Slater is perfectly fine enhancement talent. The dude can sell offense. The worm is garbage but it was over and it's impossible to argue that it wasn't. I'm also a fan of his post-retirement, buffed up fireman look.

BdfAFzUIUAAQykQ.jpg

Brian Christopher was always trash. There's no redeeming him.

Sephzilla

X-Pac has his place in history as being the worst part of two of the most famous wrestling factions in history. I also think it's hilarious because all of my more casual wrestling fans keep forgetting he existed.

It's not like Edge was wrong. People were arguing for Ambrose to get the belt because he was over with the crowd. It certainly wasn't based on technical merit or anything.

Of course, this Table for 3 episode might well have been filmed prior to the Mania disaster and the Jericho angle accomplishing its intended goal of killing Dean's popularity with just about everyone just in time for Cena to return.
Revisionist on the web will have you believe everyone is damn sick and tired of Dean but he's one of the most consistent pops on the roster. Whenever he wins the title it will be a big moment. Parts of me think this is why they're not completely jumping on him to win it right now.

Brian Christopher was the weak link of the group but he played the hell out of his character lol.

Sephzilla

Sign me up as another person who acknowledges that Scotty Too Hotty was a solid enhancement talent. Brian Christopher was always the weakest part of anything he was involved in.

Bubba T

Yes....it's funny how these things just.....happen.

Brian Christopher was always trash. There's no redeeming him.

I remember his promo of him dissing Jerry Lawler....I had no idea who he was even though I was watching Too Cool and Rikishi for years.

Austin's podcast sounds like it was pretty good this week, I'm going to give it a listen maybe. He touches on the Sasha situation and hits the nail right on the head,

With respect to 'The Boss', Austin called her a "special" talent. Also, Austin claimed that she should be kept as a solo act. Austin was critical of WWE putting her with Team BAD and also said that Banks should be kept off TV until WWE is ready to push her. Austin does not believe Banks should be playing second fiddle to other challengers for the WWE Women's Championship such as Becky Lynch or Natalya.

"She is a tremendous worker. She [has] got a great look. She [has] got a great gimmick. She can talk. She can do it all! And I think the young lady has money written all over her, but she [has] got to be a single person that's not got anybody running any interference for her, not taking away any shine from her, any of her camera time. She is a solo act. 'The Legit Boss'? It kind of speaks for itself." Austin continued, "if they ain't got anything for her, keep her off TV. But if you're going to bring her back, bring her back full green light and bring her back in a solo run."

Top Bottom