• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
Did anyone else think that DA BIG GUY look a little...softer than usual coming out at Payback. He's still fuckin huge but he had a bit of a belly and his chest wasn't as defined as usual.

I wonder if he's getting off the juice with all this going down....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did anyone else think that DA BIG GUY look a little...softer than usual coming out at Payback. He's still fuckin huge but he had a bit of a belly and his chest wasn't as defined as usual.

He's not on the juice so it's not that

klonere

Banned
He's not on the juice so it's not that

IFEOoSB.gif

cLOUDo

Realistically he was never really given a shot. They hot shot him to the top of the card after beating up jobbers and the match ended with a low blow and defeat. No story progression after and he later turned heel (after losing at the following Wrestlemania). Ever since he's been just another guy like 95% of the roster. His chant was always over beside the fact.

he had feud with cmpunk and cena for the wwe championship, he was intercontinental champion, he had a streak of 3x victories
the guy had his chance and he never improved his skills in the ring and the mic

The thing about "reaching the point where you no longer give a shit" is it's pretty clear when it happens

Say it ain't so? first I lose Barrett and now Ryback?!

Ryback was rough around the edges so hopefully he can polish up his skills elsewhere, otherwise I always got the impression from him that he was always trying to improve and it was clear after WM32 that he was frustrated with his booking.
Both of his matches with Kallisto were actually solid but got pre show'd and that must have stung particularly at Wrestlemania (when half the audience wasn't even in the arena at that)

I'm gonna miss THE BIG GUY...

yeah, no. I know Austin has been in the ring for years and I've never set foot into one, but he's wrong here. It is clear Enzo was going for a routine baseball slide under thwe ropes but made the wrong call being too close to the ropes. I hate Enzo got hurt, but that was 100% his fault. When you're that close, you can grab onto rope and do the lariat over the top rope spot.

He's absolutely right about Gotch being in the wrong for lifting up an unconscious concussed man. If he hadn't noticed, shit could have been even worse

klonere

Banned
The thing about "reaching the point where you no longer give a shit" is it's pretty clear when it happens

and he goes out to have one of his best matches ever. Didn't that happen with Batista as well? Stopped giving a shit in his last two runs and was amazing right?

and he goes out to have one of his best matches ever. Didn't that happen with Batista as well? Stopped giving a shit in his last two runs and was amazing right?

Absolutely. I love Batista lots, but he was on autopilot his entire last run, and the Mania triple threat and Shield/Evolution feud were perfect. He arguably did better in ring when he stopped caring about this carny shit as anything more than a check

I'm glad his Hollywood career's working out well, he deserves it

No surprises with the BoSJ line-up, other than Volador Jr. returning and being in the same block as Ospreay & Ricochet, goddamn. Here's the blocks;

A Block: KUSHIDA, Taguchi, O'Reilly, Sydal, Romero, Gedo, BUSHI, Matt Jackson

B Block: Liger, Tiger Mask, Bobby Fish. Barretta, Nick Jackson, Ricochet, Volador Jr. & Will Ospreay

BUSHI vs. KUSHIDA, O'Reilly, Sydal, and Romero will be fantastic in the A Block.

B Block has killer match-ups with Ospreay, Ricochet, Fish, and even Barretta. If Liger and Tiger Mask get the grumpy old man matches in, they could be good as well.

Ospreay wins BoSJ, Kamaitachi wins Super J Cup. KUSHIDA, Kamaitachi and Ospreay would be a pretty incredible foundation for a Jr. division.

I'm predicting Ospreay for BoSJ and KUSHIDA for Super J Cup. Ospreay sets up the rematch, and KUSHIDA gets his bonafides as the top junior cemented. He's beaten Liger, so this would be the cherry on top of his reign before he drops the title to Ospreay.

Not to keep stirring this pot, and maybe I'm not remembering, but how is WWE's build up of Roman as this powerful and strong person any different from guys in the past? Taker, Sid, Kane, Brock, Giant/Show, etc. What is making people hate it so much now but for some reason not minding it in the past?

Admittedly Reigns is pretty bad at selling right now. It's too hokey in the "i'm slowly going down giant" thing.

Naito's trolling everyone now, he delayed the fuck out of his match and it overran the TV Asahi timeslot (so any non-NJPW World viewers missed the end), then he called out Kidani for refusing to be present at ringside for his matches.

Mahonay

Banned
Not to keep stirring this pot, and maybe I'm not remembering, but how is WWE's build up of Roman as this powerful and strong person any different from guys in the past? Taker, Sid, Kane, Brock, Giant/Show, etc. What is making people hate it so much now but for some reason not minding it in the past?
It's 2016. The big, invincible wrassle man doesn't work like it used to. I mean we just came off a decade of Super Cena, no one liked it then either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Naito's trolling everyone now, he delayed the fuck out of his match and it overran the TV Asahi timeslot (so any non-NJPW World viewers missed the end), then he called out Kidani for refusing to be present at ringside for his matches.

This is delightful

Potentially pissing off TV stations does not seem like a good idea.

Also, Yoshitatsu in that gear as the Bullet Club Hunter and using Triple H's moves is just cringeworthy.

Admittedly Reigns is pretty bad at selling right now. It's too hokey in the "i'm slowly going down giant" thing.
You should look more at Diesel than those other guys when it comes to what they're doing with him.

Was cool bad guy, turned to a boring face. Everything that made him cool was stripped away.

Caderfix

He's not even close to being as big as the guys you referenced, but, even if he was, people are not interested in size alone anymore, so what worked in the past wouldn't necessarily work in the present. People want entertainment, and Roman doesn't provide that, but is still being shoved down our throats, while the guys people like and are over are consistently pushed to the side untill they leave or, at least, until the company simply can't hold them back anymore. Basically, people are seeing WWE's Conor McGregors and Stephen Currys being buried in favor of WWEs Stefan Struves and Hamed Haddadis, just because the boss like how they look, and a lot of them don't like the trend.

EDIT: Before anyone asks, Them = Fans that are rejecting Roman's rise.

You should look more at Diesel than those other guys when it comes to what they're doing with him.

Was cool bad guy, turned to a boring face. Everything that made him cool was stripped away.

I don't remember Diesel too much other than him being Shawn's body guard

It's 2016. The big, invincible wrassle man doesn't work like it used to. I mean we just came off a decade of Super Cena, no one liked it then either.

Yet people still get hyped as hell over Taker being booked in the same way, in 2016.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Reigns has never felt like he earned it imo. Pretty much the Shield broke up, we were told, Reigns is the guy now. People rebelled, so we got Rollins. Come the road to Mania, we are told again, Reigns is the guy. People say they don't like him, Vince whispers back "too bad". For me, the biggest problem with Reigns is not his limited moveset, lack of charisma, or poor mic skills. Its that none of this has ever felt earned. I know its a fake sport, but I don't feel like Reigns was ever built up to be the guy. He just was one day.

Hope y'all understand I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just trying to see if people of valid reasons or just following the internet hive mind when determining likes and dislikes.

Sephzilla

I want to know why Ryback is even worth all of this discussion. He's an unsafe Goldberg knock-off who is the very definition of a "never was"

Top Bottom