• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Mahonay

Banned
Hope y'all understand I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just trying to see if people of valid reasons or just following the internet hive mind when determining likes and dislikes.
For me Roman is shitty character that is just super annoying and constantly saying the lamest shit possible. He is the opposite of cool, when being cool is supposed to be a big part of his character. I kind of love "THEE guy", because it is just the dumbest fucking thing ever. Combine this with his Super Cena/Hogan type finishes to most of his matches and yeah. That's my issue summed up.

Vince has so severely fucked this character. Roman has the look, the presence, and the ability to step up his game for those big matches, but the entire package has been saddled with the wrestling fetishes of a 70 year old man.

Hope y'all understand I'm not saying you're right or wrong, just trying to see if people of valid reasons or just following the internet hive mind when determining likes and dislikes.
Also, those guys were monsters. I wouldn't necessarily say they were shoved down our throats either. Even with Lesnar, as fast as he was pushed it felt like they did a good job with him.

youtube_fGS0vbP4DLA.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGS0vbP4DLA

Rusev is great
Cena is returning on Memorial Day to take that title back lol.

So is Robocop, but we still like you~
Like is a strong word uce

klonere

Banned
Absolutely. I love Batista lots, but he was on autopilot his entire last run, and the Mania triple threat and Shield/Evolution feud were perfect. He arguably did better in ring when he stopped caring about this carny shit as anything more than a check

I'm glad his Hollywood career's working out well, he deserves it

Yeah I thought that was the story. The only other guy on the roster who comes to mind that feels "free" is Owens which is weird considering you'd think he have the most to lose if he slipped up given his un-Vince like looks. Maybe Papa Haitch gave him carte blanche and KO ran with it.

Actually Rusev also seems to be a lot more spontaneous and real.

BUSHI vs. KUSHIDA, O'Reilly, Sydal, and Romero will be fantastic in the A Block.

B Block has killer match-ups with Ospreay, Ricochet, Fish, and even Barretta. If Liger and Tiger Mask get the grumpy old man matches in, they could be good as well.

I'm predicting Ospreay for BoSJ and KUSHIDA for Super J Cup. Ospreay sets up the rematch, and KUSHIDA gets his bonafides as the top junior cemented. He's beaten Liger, so this would be the cherry on top of his reign before he drops the title to Ospreay.

YOU MOTHERFUCKER YOU SPOILED THE RESULTS of a match that was never really in question.

I am super excited for the idea of Will Ospreay, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champ.

Naito's trolling everyone now, he delayed the fuck out of his match and it overran the TV Asahi timeslot (so any non-NJPW World viewers missed the end), then he called out Kidani for refusing to be present at ringside for his matches.

Bro, your going to love this bro, so your gonna call out the real boss, not the fake guy, the real guy bro and dude you are gonna tell him that he better get his ass to ringside now instead organizing the latest Okada trading card line (so inside bro!) or else you aint defending the belt anymore no mattah what he books you to do. You tell him you gonna take that belt to NXT with Shinsooky!

Oh and I love your stalling stuff bro so maybe you can stall so much that we cut into our TV time so people KNOW you are a dick for real, not just a fake dick. A real dick, a real big dick you know bro?

klonere

Banned
Ryback is going to have his big ass house and gym paid completely off by this year so maybe he really is in IDGAF mode.

I mean he's on the right side of the US to go back and forth to Japan pretty easily....

bjork

Also, those guys were monsters. I wouldn't necessarily say they were shoved down our throats either. Even with Lesnar, as fast as he was pushed it felt like they did a good job with him.

The difference with Lesnar is that he came with legit mat wrestling chops and he's built like a house, so he could go out there and throw some dudes around and look like a maniac doing it.

Roman's two big moves specifically involve not picking a guy up. Anyone can do a spear, and the superman punch is a sad move that looks good maybe 1/10 of the time. His push is all on the backs of looking like Rock and Undertaker had a baby, but the problem is the performer inside that body just isn't the character they're trying to have him be. I don't think a heel turn fixes it, either. Not sure what does.

The difference with Lesnar is that he came with legit mat wrestling chops and he's built like a house, so he could go out there and throw some dudes around and look like a maniac doing it.

Roman's two big moves specifically involve not picking a guy up. Anyone can do a spear, and the superman punch is a sad move that looks good maybe 1/10 of the time. His push is all on the backs of looking like Rock and Undertaker had a baby, but the problem is the performer inside that body just isn't the character they're trying to have him be. I don't think a heel turn fixes it, either. Not sure what does.
This is it guys.

Cagey

Banned
SunnyMac should keep making the same joke until people stop making the same silly references to a disgruntled retired wrestler's bitchfest podcast and letting the observations from said disgruntled retired wrestler dictate narratives on performers today because he's a smark god.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I mean it never gets old and no one ever references it. Also that podcast came out last week right? No? It's been 2 years? Oh.

Christ, two years and people are still making stuff up about Ryback. smh

CM Punk did a podcast?

It was a cash grab

Ryback is going to have his big ass house and gym paid completely off by this year so maybe he really is in IDGAF mode.

I mean he's on the right side of the US to go back and forth to Japan pretty easily....

I hope he opens a bunch of Muscle Maker Grills across the US. He's a great spokesman for them. I need one in town.

klonere

Banned
SunnyMac should keep making the same joke until people stop making the same silly references to a disgruntled retired wrestler's bitchfest podcast and letting the observations from said disgruntled retired wrestler dictate narratives on performers today because he's a smark god.

When I started doing it for the Kevin Owens fat jokes the thread er

well we all know what happened.

Although I am very much enjoying Sunny's shtick and he's 100% right.

Sephzilla

I love it when the CM Punk podcast gets referenced because it reveals that some people are still salty about Punk two years later

y2wrkWT.gif

I love it when the CM Punk podcast gets referenced because it reveals that some people are still salty about Punk two years later

You don't have to say "some people", Sunny is literally the only one mad.

Ryback fucked up much worse than Punk by any and all criteria in even the most deluded mind, and is bout to be unemployed for nothing but his own ego. It is the definition of hilarious. We've reached the point of the story where Ryback's failure will always be hilarious. But I'm sure that Panera was worth it

Gurrry

I thought Raw was good last night. I really liked the main even too, minus the shitty Usos.

However, Extreme Rules is becoming the new WWE Rehash PPV already. Usually Payback is the rehash of all the WM matches, but I guess they decided to push it to Extreme Rules instead and use Payback matches instead of WM matches.

Im extremely glad we got Cass beating the ever living fuck out of Gotch. I already hated that dude before the Enzo injury (I dont really blame Gotch for the injury), but it was good to see him get his ass beat.

It was almost like he was getting ribbed or something because they left him in for a long time getting multiple chops from basically everyone.

I think this is one of the better explanations as to dislike of Roman. I will admit he looked a lot more confident in the ring at Payback and he clicked incredibly well with Styles. It certainly seems like there is growth going on, but I'm starting to agree with the respective Shield push coming on too soon.

I think Dean is settling into a good role, finally, as this well rounded upper mid-carder who can move between IC and WHC matches / feuds.

But I genuinely don't know who else to put in the main event / WHC card other than Reigns or Styles at this point.

Top Bottom