• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You don't have to say "some people", Sunny is literally the only one mad.

Ryback fucked up much worse than Punk by any and all criteria in even the most deluded mind, and is bout to be unemployed for nothing but his own ego. It is the definition of hilarious. We've reached the point of the story where Ryback's failure will always be hilarious. But I'm sure that Panera was worth it
Huh? I like Punk a lot. I think he's gonna have a bad time in UFC, and I'm sure he'll be back to wrestling someday. I like Punk and he's definitely one of my faves, despite his pretty terrible last year in WWE.

Sephzilla

I fully believe we'll see CM Punk in a WWE ring again some day, and if it's a surprise return it will be one of the biggest pops in history. I mean, shit, Bret Hart even came back.

You don't have to say "some people", Sunny is literally the only one mad.

Ryback fucked up much worse than Punk by any and all criteria in even the most deluded mind, and is bout to be unemployed for nothing but his own ego. It is the definition of hilarious. We've reached the point of the story where Ryback's failure will always be hilarious. But I'm sure that Panera was worth it
How did he fuck up? By wanting to be used on the card? He's probably done more to try and remedy that than dolph fucking ziggler.

Nice guys always finish last though. Ryback, sad as it makes me, is just another victim. :(
Who was this wrestler he buried? Ryback?

yup

I fully believe we'll see CM Punk in a WWE ring again some day, and if it's a surprise return it will be one of the biggest pops in history. I mean, shit, Bret Hart even came back.

I think if he wants to come back, if he ever does it, he'll do it while Vince is around. HHH being in charge would just keep that door shut for him

Zach

Things that made me laugh:

--Vince in that opening bit
--Triple H occasionally talking like how Rock made fun of him

Flair was occasionally okay, just because we all know Flair's a nutter in real life. And I'd be lying if I said I didn't find Vince saying "it's a work" or whatever fun.

Fox318

Huh? I like Punk a lot. I think he's gonna have a bad time in UFC, and I'm sure he'll be back to wrestling someday. I like Punk and he's definitely one of my faves, despite his pretty terrible last year in WWE.

He's never gonna fight. Nearly everything that has come out about his camp has been that he isn't that good on his back and that every guy they bring in to have a test fight beats him.

Dude is almost 40 and is trying to train himself to not completely embarrass himself on the highest stage.

If you want to fight I think Batista is a good study case of what to do if you have no prior athletic experience like a Brock.

I think the same as well. Vince knew he was money and He'd be willing to do business again some day. He's smart though because he can get that part time money & treatment.

How did he fuck up? By wanting to be used on the card? He's probably done more to try and remedy that than dolph fucking ziggler.

Nice guys always finish last though. Ryback, sad as it makes me, is just another victim. :(

1. He wanted to main event and thought he could get that because he was in that position for a feud once, and his contract was near up, so he had leverage and could make it happen. He had no leverage and couldn't and didn't make it happen.

2. He made fun of someone for 2 years for leaving, and then left himself.

3. Where can he go and main event? while being paid what he wants? and on time? He doesn't have that large a fanbase aside from the catchphrase, he doesn't have the demand, and he doesn't have leverage.

How can you say you like Punk and criticize him at the same time???????

Also, you said year, but I really think you meant years.

All I see in this thread is talk about Roman. Which means McMahon is winning.
Vince continues to take no L's.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I think this is one of the better explanations as to dislike of Roman. I will admit he looked a lot more confident in the ring at Payback and he clicked incredibly well with Styles. It certainly seems like there is growth going on, but I'm starting to agree with the respective Shield push coming on too soon.

I think Dean is settling into a good role, finally, as this well rounded upper mid-carder who can move between IC and WHC matches / feuds.

But I genuinely don't know who else to put in the main event / WHC card other than Reigns or Styles at this point.

I am biased as fuck, but I really think the only choice for champ at the moment is Owens. He does not have the look, but he is the one guy on the roster who can have an amazing match with anyone, and can talk. Seeing his work on commentary, I am fully convinced he is probably the only active roster guy who could get away with doing the 20 minute opening promos that the WWE loves so much.

Also it helps that his character is such a shithead he's already pretty much feuding or had feuded with everyone in the locker room besides Reigns/Wyatt.

klonere

Banned
I am biased as fuck, but I really think the only choice for champ at the moment is Owens. He does not have the look, but he is the one guy on the roster who can have an amazing match with anyone, and can talk. Seeing his work on commentary, I am fully convinced he is probably the only active roster guy who could get away with doing the 20 minute opening promos that the WWE loves so much.

Also it helps that his character is such a shithead he's already pretty much feuding or had feuded with everyone in the locker room besides Reigns/Wyatt.

big-e-27253853-620x400.jpg

Hex

Banned
New Era feels like the same old shit.

And here I thought we were getting some real change.

Every RAW since Mania has been good, with some greatness mixed in.
Payback was good with some great mixed in.
Seriously, some of you just need to go and fuck the hell right off because you can never be happy and will just shit things up day after day and week after week complaining.

yup
Lol! You've gotta be kidding me.

Oh, definitely. HHH seems like he carries grudges a lot more than Vince.
A lot of cats imo will need to get their shit in now. But Paul needs to grow up and let shit go i he wants to be a business man.

mhs004

I'll watch raw as long as KO and Zayne keep it up lol. I usually start reading or something when Roman comes up but I think the intercontinental championship race is really great atm.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena is returning on Memorial Day to take that title back lol.

Like is a strong word uce
I can only assume Lana will be exposed as a fake Russian in the next few months.

Her accent slips like crazy and she's on Total Divas now. I mean TD has its own kayfabe but they all play slightly different versions of the same characters.

Hex

Banned
SO Rusev is going to get the US belt from Kallisto just in time for Cena to come and take it from him for old time's sake right?

Fox318

BUT HE'S SO BIG

and charismatic, marketable and popular

This would be an amazing feud with or without a belt.

in 2016 this is what the champion does:

o7nMOBC.png

qDkghcq.jpg

They want somebody who has the look that makes a talk show host say "Wow he is big, that must be real" and somebody who they can put in front of people like this and do stuff with their kids.

6XwFnjd.jpg

I just don't think Big E would get that chance because Vince doesn't think he is big enough.

Your guy hurt the other guy, he was angry. You can't blame him for voicing his frustrations. Besides, people get buried everyday B. It could've been worse.

Which is why I said that I'm not mad anymore, I just feel pity for Punk because he's doing horribly in his MMA training. He's also a giant jerk, too. Just an overall angry guy.

Cagey

Banned
Big E standing at 5'11" is not the reason he's not a world champion right now or why he won't be in the future, if he never gets a shot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

They'll do it in Chicago too, that's all their city has.

All I see in this thread is talk about Roman. Which means McMahon is winning.

McMahon is always winning.

How can you say you like Punk and criticize him at the same time???????

Also, you said year, but I really think you meant years.

The final year was really a shame. Held that title for so long and just couldn't do a thing with it. I think the big turning point was that New Nexus thing. That was when I just stepped off the Punk Poopwagon.

I can only assume Lana will be exposed as a fake Russian in the next few months.

Her accent slips like crazy and she's on Total Divas now. I mean TD has its own kayfabe but they all play slightly different versions of the same characters.

Still expecting that trite moment where Cena rips off her skirt and she has on USA underwear.

Which is why I said that I'm not mad anymore, I just feel pity for Punk because he's doing horribly in his MMA training. He's also a giant jerk, too. Just an overall angry guy.
He's influenced by his up bringings and I guess he wears those scars on his shoulder. I can tell he's very very "keep to myself" kind of guys, etc. Oh well lol, the business probably made him more of a jerk too.

Cagey

Banned
Discussion point: who are the "new" talents that, in the next year, would comprise a list of wrestlers that Roman Reigns could lose the championship to and cement as new top-tier stars? Don't answer this with "lol Cena" "lol Orton" "lol nobody" nonsense.

The question is a broader one, because Reigns can get replaced with Rollins or Ambrose or Cena or Orton as the title holder. At this point, the Shield trio are established stars. Even though they're relatively new on the scene.

Who on the roster is a young, main event, championship level ready talent within a year's time?

Not like this.

I know you can picture it. It's such a terrible, interchangeable moment. You can imagine Hulk Hogan doing it to someone.

Lana, do you clean those USA granny panties with windex? Because you can see me in them.

Mahonay

Banned
Discussion point: who are the "new" talents that, in the next year, would comprise a list of wrestlers that Roman Reigns could lose the championship to and cement as new top-tier stars? Don't answer this with "lol Cena" "lol Orton" "lol nobody" nonsense.

The question is a broader one, because Reigns can get replaced with Rollins or Ambrose or Cena or Orton as the title holder. At this point, the Shield trio are established stars. Even though they're relatively new on the scene.

Who on the roster is a young, main event, championship level ready talent within a year's time?
Owens is the only one that jumps out to me for that criteria.

Kevin Owens...and...that's all I got...

klonere

Banned
in 2016 this is what the champion does:

I just don't think Big E would get that chance because Vince doesn't think he is big enough.

They'd just have him flex or something on a morning talk show and the hosts would say "wow that's bigger than my dog" or something inane like that. I mean have you see him in civvies, he looks ridiculous and stands out even then.

I know you trying to talk him down so you don't get your own hopes up DM but sometimes you just gotta let it happen. If you can have hope for Seff being treated right then you can have hope for Big E.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Bray Wyatt, KO, Sami Zayn, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins. I'm less down on Ambrose than most of wrasslegaf, but Ambrose is simultaneously the least desirable outcome while being the most likely.

Missed the Shield part. Bray, Sami, and Owens then.

You saying Vader should have never been a champ?!

Vader is an exception because he probably would've actually killed me if I sneezed in his vicinity and forgot to bless myself.

Owens looks like he would try to sink his teeth into the belt because it was chocolate wrapped in foil.

Top Bottom