• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

klonere

Banned
Gabe running his own dirt, sheet

margaret-thatcher_1953282c.jpg

#TheThatcherCrisis

Zach

You kill me sometimes.

When you have another human being in the air, over a table...sitting on a flab of concrete...part of your job, is to make sure he makes the landing. This is not rocket science. It certainly doesnt qualify for "shit happens", not when there were no factors distracting Ryback from hitting his mark. So what happened exactly? Did gravity decide to change the rules of physics right after Rybakc let go? What exactly does "shit happens" entail?

On a side note, hasn't it been documented that Ricky steamboat went into a coma for two weeks after this (skip to 2:52mins)

Why did Ryebread try to kill Ricky Steamboat?!

XenoRaven

I mean, things do happen though.

Punk smashed Cena in the face with a running knee on the ropes during their MitB match.

There was another incident where Punk hit the GTS on Rey and bloodied his nose.

I don't think Punk had a reputation for being unsafe, and you can't really blame either of those incidents on anyone but him.

I like to stay out of the safety conversation though. I'd rather let the performers and trainers determine that. I'm completely out of that world.

You know who has great looks?
8baebe7d574a11119583f69af7dd4392.jpg

Aja%2BKong.jpg

I'm finally getting around to watching that Meiko Satomura vs. Aja Kong match from April for the Sendai Girls championship.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You kill me sometimes.

When you have another human being in the air, over a table...sitting on a flab of concrete...part of your job, is to make sure he makes the landing. This is not rocket science. It certainly doesnt qualify for "shit happens", not when there were no factors distracting Ryback from hitting his mark. So what happened exactly? Did gravity decide to change the rules of physics right after Rybakc let go? What exactly does "shit happens" entail?

On a side note, hasn't it been documented that Ricky steamboat went into a coma for two weeks after this (skip to 2:52mins)

Not to mention the number of Meltzer reports on how talent complained about Ryback.

Where there's smoke and all...

Huh? He hit the landing. Not sure what I'm missing.

Sephzilla

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You kill me sometimes.

Not to mention the number of Meltzer reports on how talent complained about Ryback.

Where there's smoke and all...
That was just a brain aneurysm unrelated to the angle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At least he has a public profile.

Nobody knows, or cares, about The Ryback beyond WWE. Punk's also got AJ Lee.

"Having" a woman doesn't really...I don't understand what relevance that has.

Ryback also isn't dying to get noticed out there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's also kind of impressive in a bad way how sour a lot of people turned on Punk when he decided to leave and burn bridges (that can't be burned forever) - he was definitely liked before he left, now a ton of people look at him as a joke. He's alienated a lot of people in his push for getting buys on his UFC card he's supposed to appear on, probably in 2147.

I mean, things do happen though.

Punk smashed Cena in the face with a running knee on the ropes during their MitB match.

There was another incident where Punk hit the GTS on Rey and bloodied his nose.

I don't think Punk had a reputation for being unsafe, and you can't really blame either of those incidents on anyone but him.

I like to stay out of the safety conversation though. I'd rather let the performers and trainers determine that. I'm completely out of that world.

I have a friend who hated Punk primarily because he seemed to bust a lot of noses with the GTS. I don't know how many times it happened though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I guess I wasn't really around for most of Punk's era, but he mostly just seemed like a big politician to me. All the big politicians clash with each other because they're all looking out for No. 1.

jmdajr

It's also kind of impressive in a bad way how sour a lot of people turned on Punk when he decided to leave and burn bridges (that can't be burned forever) - he was definitely liked before he left, now a ton of people look at him as a joke. He's alienated a lot of people in his push for getting buys on his UFC card he's supposed to appear on, probably in 2147.

CM "I was MMA the whole time brother" PUNK, pretty much threw pro wrestling and all it's fandom under the bus. Yeah he hates WWE/VINCE/HHH etc...but hey, get in line. Many do and still respect where they come from.

I wonder what percentage of my 9.99 a month go to Punk royalties. ugghhh.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who's excited about Uncharted 4?!

Ready for another set of Uncharted superfans to post some shameful shit ala the Uncharted 3 "tears rolling down my face" wall of shame.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Lana retweets stuff about how it's disrespectful to chant We Want Sasha in a match she's not even involved in but was totally fine with 'We Want Lana'

god damn Rusev, I hope it's worth Melina 2.0

klonere

Banned
Tanahashi agreeing to a 1 on 1 ladder match with Kenny Omega is the opposite of slowing down.

Cmon dude....give a damn about your body

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you ever want the thread to hit 20k posts, just mention CM Punk and people will run with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've been over the Punk thing for a while, honestly. I don't care how his UFC thing goes because it's such a fucking circus. The only enjoyment I got out of the whole deal was Nate exposing his little 'millionaire fantasy books himself to the spot bucket list' shit.

Hex

Banned

No, his GAF smark profile is pretty wretched.
IN real life he is doing just fine.
He has written multiple books for Marvel that have been received well, he is a hot grab at cons, he gets attention just showing up to sporting events, and he is a regular for Nerdist.
I will not even go into how amazing AJ is.

Real life does not = Neogaf even if the meme tries to say otherwise.

Nobody will care who Ryback is when he is gone from WWE.
People barely care while he is there doing his rip off Goldberg gimmick and doing his magilla gorilla impressions.
TNA will love to have him, don't get me wrong but...TNA.

jmdajr

No, his GAF smark profile is pretty wretched.
IN real life he is doing just fine.
He has written multiple books for Marvel that have been received well, he is a hot grab at cons, he gets attention just showing up to sporting events, and he is a regular for Nerdist.
I will not even go into how amazing AJ is.

Real life does not = Neogaf even if the meme tries to say otherwise.

Punk is set for life. He can just live off WWE royalties and the gobs of merch he sold while he was so miserable and "buried" in WWE.

Everything else he does is just gravy.

Angry Grimace

CM Punk isn't rich enough that I buy that he won't run out of money like every other wrestler ever.

Striker

CM "I was MMA the whole time brother" PUNK, pretty much threw pro wrestling and all it's fandom under the bus. Yeah he hates WWE/VINCE/HHH etc...but hey, get in line. Many do and still respect where they come from.

I wonder what percentage of my 9.99 a month go to Punk royalties. ugghhh.
Phony world
None of it means anything, it's fake

He's just a child in a man's body and thinks he's some tough guy.

XenoRaven

I've been over the Punk thing for a while, honestly. I don't care how his UFC thing goes because it's such a fucking circus. The only enjoyment I got out of the whole deal was Nate exposing his little 'millionaire fantasy books himself to the spot bucket list' shit.
It was especially brutal considering Punk's issues with part timers showing up to main event WM instead of him.

But the discussion was tired like, a month after the podcast. It boiled down to Punk either being the ultimate victim or him being a total entitled asshole. All that remains is for people to throw pointless jabs at each based on their taste in wrestlers. So enjoyable to read.

It was especially brutal considering Punk's issues with part timers showing up to main event WM instead of him.

But the discussion was tired like, a month after the podcast. It boiled down to Punk either being the ultimate victim or him being a total entitled asshole. All that remains is for people to throw pointless jabs at each based on their taste in wrestlers. So enjoyable to read.
Agreed.
Time for Fave Fives, everyone.
Ugh.

Punk didn't throw anything under the bus, he just got tired of the job and didn't want to do it anymore, so he didn't. People took that personally for reasons.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Punk didn't throw anything under the bus, he just got tired of the job and didn't want to do it anymore, so he didn't. People took that personally for reasons.

No-showing at your job is throwing people under the bus. It's why people don't do it at other jobs.

Top Bottom