• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Reigns has pretty much reached the point where he is there to get OTHER talent over. They can stop with most of the baby face shenanigans, but at the same time not go full heel with predictable antics.

So I guess he is a tweener. In a way.

If you like me. Cool. If you hate me. Cool.

Wonder how AJ merch is doing.

He needs to do it in a "I don't really care if they boo" way vs "They bought their tickets, they can cheer or boo who they want as long as THEY HAVE FUN! The WWE Universe is so great blah blah blah" that Cena does.

somedevil

Raw Vieweship for 5/2:

8pm: 3.458
9pm: 3.457
10pm: 3.383

Avg: 3.433

Well up from last week and those who watched this Raw basically stayed for the whole 3 hour show.

Marvel

could never
8SQTKqy.gif
I love it maggle.

Menome

Just caught up with RAW and despite a floundering introduction, I thought that was another decent episode. If the past few weeks are a genuine indication of the New Era, I'm fine with being on board.

Also: SANDOW ON RAW AGAIN.

jmdajr

He needs to do it in a "I don't really care if they boo" way vs "They bought their tickets, they can cheer or boo who they want as long as THEY HAVE FUN! The WWE Universe is so great blah blah blah" that Cena does.
Don't think I have ever heard a "Let's go Reigns chant."

Zach

Just caught up with RAW and despite a floundering introduction, I thought that was another decent episode. If the past few weeks are a genuine indication of the New Era, I'm fine with being on board.

Also: SANDOW ON RAW AGAIN.

Wait, are you the guy who likes Sandow or the guy who likes that terrible new game?

>:D

MG310

Okada/Sanada was damn good.

Wasn't sure what to expect since only seeing Sanada in TNA isn't a good way to get an idea of someone.

klonere

Banned
I'll be upset if Okada gets the title back in the rematch, but it could go either way.

EVIL still looks like a goof, but his matches have come a long way.

On the other hand, G.O.D. is still a work in progress, and now I wonder if we've lost Guns and Gallows only to get G.O.D. clogging up the heavyweight tag scene.

I'm a little surprised Ricochet/Sydal got the titles back, so I guess Ricochet is sticking around for a while after all. The NEVER tag match was good, but it wasn't as good as their last match where they went crazy with stuff around the ring.

I think they are going to let Naito have his moment for a few more months. He's probably selling boatloads of merch as well.

I like EVIL a lot and think he has overcome the inherent cheesy nature of his character. He's doing little stuff in matches that really sell the whole...EVIL thing.

Not gonna lie, I skipped the GOD match. I don't have time to spend on bad wrestling nowadays.

I assume they switched the belts off them because it really did look like Ricochet was heading to WWE a few months back and they wanted him to put someone over on his way out. So I guess now he's not heading down to Florida so soon.

The most interesting thing going forward out of this show is what Shibata is doing. I assume he will ascend up the card now (after winning some matches to allow that to happen).

Don't think I have ever heard a "Let's go Reigns chant."

Yes you have, its just even more high pitched than the Cena version.

Kaladin

Raw Vieweship for 5/2:

8pm: 3.458
9pm: 3.457
10pm: 3.383

Avg: 3.433

Well up from last week and those who watched this Raw basically stayed for the whole 3 hour show.

I watched the Hulu version as usual and didn't skip any segments when I normally skip half the show.

klonere

Banned
Now off to watch Shingo/Susumu II. And then probably drift off watching AJPW 93 TV.

God bless wrestling.

EDIT: Wait so Raw was worth watching? I didn't even have time to listen to the full Meltz report on it.

So Ryback just probably assured his fate, although he is 100% right.

I also didn't skip any part of RAW last night it was very entertaining.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
FWIW I think posting that means Ryback is done with WWE.

The problem is that what he's talking about represents a serious threat to what he does because what he is talking about is essentially unionizing employees.

The problem is that what he's talking about represents a serious threat to what he does because what he is talking about is essentially unionizing employees.

He's not alone in wanting a union. JTG wanted one, and IIRC he hinted that other wrestlers wanted one but for very obvious reasons couldn't say anything.

He can make a good living in Japan.

I would have kept my mouth closed, and tried to make a living off of $500 k a year, but I guess he thinks he has morals.

Tagyhag

Roman does have charisma. I think he just doesn't really understand how to either use it or what will get him over.

Post-nasal surgery badass Roman Reigns is a good character. Seriously. But you can't just wash the stank of Jack-the-Beanstalk/dickjoke Reigns away. It's too late. We already saw him cry when he lost the title.

He can cry and still be a badass, just look at Okada.

Top Bottom