• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

BFIB

If only Ryback hadn't thrown Punk through the table, Ryback could call Punk about the best way to get ahead of McMahon.

I read the big guys statement and he makes a valid point..But I cringed when he said "this isn't about money" then goes to write how the guys who put talent over are underpaid.

If only Ryback hadn't thrown Punk through the table, Ryback could call Punk about the best way to get ahead of McMahon.

The best way to get ahead of McMahon is to go to his office and be vocal. He likes people who challenge him but for some reason all the jobbers in WWE are scared to speak up, lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He can cry and still be a badass, just look at Okada.

Yeah, but Japanese culture is different. Honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like in America where you can become successful by being an asshole.

Roman, publicly apologize and go heel or you can kiss your heat goodbye.

An annoying guy and a borderline depressed guy. What a pair.

1420160104919.gif

Fox318

Did Klepek leave Giant Bomb under Ryback-like circumstances?
Pretty sure it was a mix of Giantbomb not wanting a guy in Chicago and Klepek drew a ton of heat.

Plus I don't think the people liked that a website that professed a need for diversity in the gaming media space hires 2 of Jeff's buddies.

Austin Walker and the recent push to get new voices a blog space and attention is the best thing about Giantbomb right now.

Why Foley?

Pretty sure it was a mix of Giantbomb not wanting a guy in Chicago and Klepek drew a ton of heat.

Plus I don't think the people liked that a website that processed a need for diversity in the gaming media space hires 2 of Jeff's buddies.

Austin Walker and the recent push to get new voices a blog space and attention is the best thing about Giantbomb right now.

What did Klepek get heat for/from? His stance on social issues from weird MRAs?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mick is on it for the same reason Stone Cold randomly showed up on a Raw one day: they want to promote that schlock Mick is doing on the Network with his daughter. The frame story is that they're both "crazy high spot guys."

Aiii

So not worth it
Ryback is not a jobber guys, he just gets paid like one.

At least now we know all he wanted to feed was his wallet.

Honestly, he starts strong but he contradicts himself.
I agree that GOOD jobbers should be taken care of.
Breeze, Cody, Ziggler, Henning, Henry, Truth and so forth.
I think that Ryback just is frustrated because he thinks that he deserves a bigger spot, and now he sees Owens come in, Zayn, AJ come in and get a main event run, Gallows and Anderson, Enzo & Cass... and there was not a chapter in The Gift on how to handle Jealousy and Envy.

Actually the secret logic dictates that he has to try and be happy for the success of others, I can imagine such things are trying in the WWE universe which runs on the law of opposite attraction thus screwing up the entire gratitude formula.

Ryback doesn't post that if 1) he thinks he's not done and 2) he cares about not being done

Imagine a company being so internally toxic even Ryback, a person ingrained for this shit, says "no thanks" and bails one day

Ryback gets tipped off on a lawyer. He makes all the wrong moves and loses the case. Ryback calls him, furious.

Ryback: "What the hell are you doing? I've lost everything!"

Lawyer: "I'm sorry Ryan..."

The phone call disconnects

Ryback: "Wait what?"

Zoom out....behind him!

It's Punk! ....and he's got a steel chair.

"You really are dumb as fuck"

Cut to black.

Next week on Impact Wrestling.

Fox318

Why Foley?

He was always getting heat from people and most of it is really unwarranted. I think at the time Max Temkin was having some issues while Klepek was hosting an off-site list podcast. He did nothing wrong but I don't think CBSi wanted that attention. And frankly Patrick was working his ass off at the time considering something like 80 percent of the content on the site was by him.

Looking back at the whole gg thing I really wish people put up a blog post early on saying it was nothing instead of letting social media dictate the conversation.

Angry Grimace

lmao @ E&C show "you look like Dolph Ziggler except the stack of money, everyone knows he doesn't draw money."
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Menome

Ryback has the best match I've seen him in, showing some actual promise, then goes and basically quits the next day.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Ryback has the best match I've seen him in, showing some actual promise, then goes and basically quits the next day.

This has happened a lot since I started watching again. Happened with Dave Bautista twice, Eve Torres, and now potentially DA BIG GUY.

Zach

I wonder if Austin feels insulted they give a Shane McMahon podcast interview to Mick instead of him.

I assumed at first that he was just busy. But then you guys reminded me that Mick has a dumb show starting up, so Austin probably realizes that and doesn't mind because Mick's his homeboy.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Man that Enzo injury. Just now getting caught up on payback. That shit was scary I would have been shocked had I seen it live.

Patrick left because he probably got more money from kotaku, wanted to do more news/investigative stuff. Also he was in Chicago away from everyone

It's definitely Alex. I can't see it being a cross-country stream. I could see it being a solo stream, since Giant Bomb as a whole seems to be getting into solo streaming more lately.

While I wouldn't put it past Alex to hold a party and not invite anyone, I'll assume that's not the case here.

Let us not so quickly forget the credentials of our good pal Ryback...

- An original Nexus member, remember the Nexus*? gooooood times

- Was the single success story from the Spring Squash Season of 2012, while Tensai and eventually Brodus Clay would fall Ryback actually stayed over through the art of squashing jobbers, sometimes two at the same time!

- The original target of the Shield upon debuting, Big Guy was too threatening!

- The last man eliminated from the 2013 Rumble, only Super Cena could stop him.

- Had one of the most logically explained heel turns in WWE history complete with reasoning that delved into continuity beyond 3 months earlier and addresing the fact that Cena always lets people get mugged

- Stumbled into the Punkverse of 2013

- Endured the biggest shit show of a chamber match to become IC champ

- Cut a heartfelt promo about his fave book as part of the shortlived talking era, he tried to get the audience to read!

What a guy, a big guy even.

*(so is Heath Slater the only surviving Nexus member? because i'm pretty sure everyone pegged him as the first guy out the door back in 2010)

Why Foley?

When he first came onto the Bombcast he had a reputation for dominating the conversation. He also never had the natural comedic timings that Jeff or Ryan had. Vinny too, in his own "dad humor" sort of way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nobody is going to a show to see Ryback. He's a lumbering meathead with no personality and zero charisma.

Dumb as fuck.

I assume you have no dialogue with children who very much enjoy Ryback and his brightly colored shirts.

Dumb as fuck indeed!

Let us not so quickly forget the credentials of our good pal Ryback...

- An original Nexus member, remember the Nexus*? gooooood times

- Was the single success story from the Spring Squash Season of 2012, while Tensai and eventually Brodus Clay would fall Ryback actually stayed over through the art of squashing jobbers, sometimes two at the same time!

- The original target of the Shield upon debuting, Big Guy was too threatening!

- The last man eliminated from the 2013 Rumble, only Super Cena could stop him.

- Had one of the most logically explained heel turns in WWE history complete with reasoning that delved into continuity beyond 3 months earlier and addresing the fact that Cena always lets people get mugged

- Stumbled into the Punkverse of 2013

- Endured the biggest shit show of a chamber match to become IC champ

- Cut a heartfelt promo about his fave book as part of the shortlived talking era, he tried to get the audience to read!

What a guy, a big guy even.

*(so is Heath Slater the only surviving Nexus member? because i'm pretty sure everyone pegged him as the first guy out the door back in 2010)

Also, Ryback Rules era Bully Ryback was delightful

Without turning this into GB community thread 2, Dan and Jeff are best Giant Bomb.

Easily, it's embarrassing how trash the Beastcast is. Absolute dogshit and is so bad its even taken someone who was enjoyable (Vinny) and made him terrible. It's such a bummer Austin is stuck there with those slimes.

Top Bottom