• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Heroman

Banned
The internet is fucking weird.
tumblr_nzk3g9hWQm1u791iao1_500.png

Kaladin

NXT thoughts :

This right here is Prime Joe. Thank god for NXT. Joe is going to be an amazing monster heel champ.

Based on his work in TNA, Eric Young isn't exactly holy shit worthy, but....this is Eric Young in NXT. NXT scores another quality performer and a guy who is happy doing any role. Plus, that theme is boss.

Tye Dillinger vs Austin Aries was great for what time it got. Dillinger is looking like he's going to be a great mid carder on the main roster and Aries is Aries, simply amazing.

Eric Young put on a good match for his TV debut, but Joe is in monster heel mode and you don't piss off a monster heel. Muscle buster + choke = Goodnight EY.

Good show overall, looking forward to Finn's return next week.

Why in the hell cannot I not just play an entire collection via the Roku app? I wanna put on the War Games collection and it's making me manually select each episode. smdh

Kaladin

Aries looked so bland and devoid of personality next to Tye.
He's just like "I'm good at wrestling".
Okay

They haven't really given Aries a character yet beyond "this is Austin Aries in NXT". He's a great wrestler though and someone they can throw out there for quality matches before developing much with him on that.

Christ Rev Pro, going all out on a show that already sold out with just Kurt Angle vs Zack Sabre Jr.

On top of that, Ospreay vs Speedball and Damo vs Big Daddy Walter
ChsNW4UXIAA4-x9.jpg:large

I look forward to #FATHOSS Hero murdering Josh Bodum, as I really don't rate him.

Definitely need to get this RevPro show on VOD.

Kurita

They haven't really given Aries a character yet beyond "this is Austin Aries in NXT". He's a great wrestler though and someone they can throw out there for quality matches before developing much with him on that.
You're right, I'll wait for actual storylines

Wrestlemania 3

I'm watching Steamboat/Macho via the 'Showstealer' collection. I haven't seen Wrestlemania 3 in years, probably since I was like 9. Re-watching it now I'm realizing the camera work on this is just really great. The angles are doing a great job of making the event seem so large. There's a ton of shots like this where it just feels like you're there watching from the arena and the match seems so big.

wm3_steamboatmacho.jpg

Not to nitpick the "new" era too much, but one thing I've been noticing of late is the camera angles are too close now. I feel like they take away from the scale of the matches too much. I've said a few times the production value of current WWE feels too much and brings down the event (for me) a bit.

klonere

Banned
NXT is slowly building a very Japanese calendar - BoSJ esque tourny, Tag League and now a women's tournament.

It's pretty cool and a great way of keeping interest between big shows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Browny

Banned
I have three responses to this...

Cheap Shot: The only Pop Roman is getting any time soon
Smark: i'd give my opinion but it'll be muted
Vintage Reigns Promo: Funko pop goes the weasel, balee dat!

My goodness, I was thinking back to when Low Ki was the NXT winner and how he was turned into McCool and Layla's little plaything and that must have had his soul burning with hate. To see someone so serious about his shit get got like that. Fucking delicious, for real.

I enjoyed Low Ki at WK7 (although I have been watching a lot of Hitman videos recently, which may be influencing my recollection).

My goodness, I was thinking back to when Low Ki was the NXT winner and how he was turned into McCool and Layla's little plaything and that must have had his soul burning with hate. To see someone so serious about his shit get got like that. Fucking delicious, for real.

This is actually making me laugh recalling it, I suppose it helps that the little git always bugged me, I wonder if he broke out a smile once during his brief WWE tenure.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I enjoyed Low Ki at WK7 (although I have been watching a lot of Hitman videos recently, which may be influencing my recollection).

This is actually making me laugh recalling it, I suppose it helps that the little git always bugged me, I wonder if he broke out a smile once during his brief WWE tenure.

oh my god, do I have the jiff for you

Laugh more, Owl.
Ynabi7s.gif

klonere

Banned
Eric Young wasn't so bad. I thought he was the living embodiment of cancer the way you guys talked him down. Unique look, solid on the mic, acceptable in ring. I hope he's more of Rhyno type deal where he comes in to put dudes over.

The Balor video package was very cool and Joe is an excellent champion. Thank god the Axxess tapings are over.

Has Chris Hero lost weight in the last year or so or is that an old stock picture?
nah, old photo, fat hoss hero lives.

So remember PCW getting super salty over TNA pulling EC3 from their Mania weekend show with very little notice?

"According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Ethan Carter III and James Storm were pulled from their bookings over WrestleMania weekend due to TNA sending them on a “network appearance.” The network appearance was actually their audition for CBS’ Amazing Race. It had been previously reported that they tried out for the show, but no time frame was assigned to the meeting. At this time, it doesn;t appear that either man will be on the show."

guys maybe it's because i've been on such a big edge and christian show kick lately haha but...would it be fair to say the brood had one of the best entrance themes of all time?

i love it.
It might be the greatest theme of all time. Hearing Gangrel talk about it is pretty damn cool.

bjork

page 2? you're slipping, fellas.

I would bump regularly but I have to go to bed now because it's better than being awake and dealing with life

DMczaf

May is a down period

I'm not here to carry the brand. Someone needs to step up and grab the brass ring

But not my spot. No one takes my spot

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
page 2? you're slipping, fellas.

I would bump regularly but I have to go to bed now because it's better than being awake and dealing with life

It's okay. A lower post count is a good thing, means people spend more time thinking about their posts as opposed to vomiting them out without a care in the world.

I'm not a good poster, but I know the community as a whole are better posters than I am. Looking at you, Avengers23 and your little writeups and links. That's good postans.

May is a down period

I'm not here to carry the brand. Someone needs to step up and grab the brass ring

But not my spot. No one takes my spot

You're the Seth

You're never going to be champ again because we can't take ratings that low again and survive, and that 20 minute spot of nonstop talking you want back is a spot nobody else wants to take

Nitro Update.
Pretty good still. Enjoying the cruiserweight stuff and the Horsemen feud. The main attraction is definitely going places with Macho man and Sting being two faces aginst NWO at the moment. I find it funny what they sent to WCW and sorta funny in hindsight.

Joe finally realises he can wash the demon off with his towel and a bottle of water.

I really hope they put the demon away for a while when he goes to the main roster so it feels special again when he breaks it out. Don't think they'll sacrifice the merch money in the meantime though.

I do too, maybe see it once or twice a year when it can matter more while Finn actually changes things up.

LOL, Alex Riley vs Shinsuke Nakamura next week.

Meh. Only looking forward to
Athena finally debuting

Watching NXT and Eric Young looks and talks like a legit homeless dude. Not like a lame fake one like the Drifter, but like one of the dudes I give money to outside the VA where my wife works.

Also, I don't think Nia Jax's gimmick works. They're saying, "man look at her cold eyes" and acting like she's this big evil badass, but she doesn't look mean at all. I think she has a relatively friendly face, actually.

She could be friendly while sadistic with the more pain she inflicts the more she smiles until she gets pissed off and just murders you, instead she's basically a bigger, less mobile Tamina.

Top Bottom