• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

The problem with arguing that Ambrose, Styles, KO, Zayn, Balor and anyone else who is popular with smarks is "never getting the belt" is that you're basically reducing the list of people eligible to win the title to just Roman and Seth. And sure, that's a funny argument, I just don't think it makes any sense in a wrestling context.

There's a lot more people both on the main roster and that need to be called up who can and will get better opportunities. Shit, we just had 2 months where Owens AND Dean were both healthy and Sheamus of all people had the world title instead. And no, I don't believe that's Sheamus' last reign either.

The days of all 27 (or however many there are in the company) Indy People being able to all hold the belt in their 4 years of being around on the roster are over, we're not going to go back to seeing Edge-esque years where the belt switches hands 9 times in 12 months. There flat out are going to be a lot (but let's be optimistic and still say only Some) of Your Favs who will never get that belt. It's not a funny argument, or trolling or gimmick posting or whatever other excuse you want to make, to point both of those facts out.

Caderfix

I think he's fine in matches against people who work well with his style, but he's pretty terrible against someone like Lesnar. Lesnar just didn't seem to have it in him to sell that geek-offense. The best way I can describe it is that he tries to move really fast while not actually moving really fast.

Example: Ambrose does this move sequence where he hits his opponent with 3 forearms. He does this in like 5 seconds. If he did it over 10 seconds and tried to emphasize the impact of each of them they'd look about 10 times better. Instead they just look like he's pushing his opponent backwards with his wrist. This is true of basically all of his moves - the way he moves makes everything just look like getting hit with wet noodles because he doesn't give his opponent any chance to sell anything.

I'm being 100% honest when I say that, to me, he is the worst in ring performer in the main roster and the example you provided is the exact reason why.

He did cut a quite a few nice promos, specially during his feud with Brock, so I really wanted him to deliver during the match, but he never did.

Caderfix

We're not going to go back to seeing Edge-esque years where the belt switches hands 9 times in 12 months. There flat out are going to be some of Your Favs who will never get that belt.

I hope that's the case. Sure, I'd like all of my favs as the champ at some point, but having strong champions for long periods of time is way better. It's time for the belts to mean something again.

The days of all 27 Indy Geek Scrubs being able to all hold the belt in their 4 years of being around are over [...] It's not a funny argument, or trolling or gimmick posting or whatever other excuse you want to make, to point both of those facts out.

Using terms like "Indy Geek Scrubs" to describe others' favorites is not the best way to present an argument if you don't want to be called a troll/gimmick poster by some.

By the way, I do not think you are a troll nor a gimmick poster.

A four-coffin Grave(r) Consequences match next week? Sign me up!

Also, Melissa Santos is arguably one of the three best things about LU.

Also, The Mack's Stone Cold stuff is absolute gold.

klonere

Banned
So on the subject who would you have as the AJPW style, Four Pillars of Heaven right now in WWE? Has to be somewhat realistic and Roman has to be in because lol.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Roman, Seth and AJ should all be part of it. Seth because he can talk and is spectacular in ring, AJ seems to have adapted so perfectly to the main event scene, will deliver in the ring everytime and is shockingly over.

But the fourth slot has so many options. Do you slot Cena straight back in there? He's too good to ignore but they definitely want to wind him down. Could you make Big E marginally more serious and strap the rocket to him, while not breaking up the New Day? Does KO's look preclude him from that spotlight? Could Sami break into that main event without it feeling forced? Does Orton deserve a last run at it? Will they let Bray hit the big one? Does Finn graduate straight to the very top?

They actually have too much talent when you think about it hehe

I hope that's the case. Sure, I'd like all of my favs as the champ at some point, but having strong champions for long periods of time is way better. It's time for the belts to mean something again.

Using terms like "Indy Geek Scrubs" to describe others' favorites is not the best way to present an argument if you don't want to be called a troll/gimmick poster by some.

By the way, I do not think you are a troll nor a gimmick poster.

Noted and fixed. And I agree. I don't know if Reigns is going to break Punk's record during this title reign, but I doubt he's losing the belt until at least December. It's certainly not happening to Styles or Bray, and anything they do with Seth and/or Dean depends on what happens with Cena and Taker: if Taker's willing to do next Mania, he's obviously doing it with Cena, and if he's not I think Cena gets MITB and cashes in (in advance) at Mania for the next big Roman victory moment.

Either way, I like long reigns. I love Edge but that was not a good era overall, with Batista hurt every other year, Edge/Cena run into the ground and then into further ground on different galaxies, ridiculous title reigns galore for all, and RVD being a fuckup that ruined ECW's last chance.

So on the subject who would you have as the AJPW style, Four Pillars of Heaven right now in WWE? Has to be somewhat realistic and Roman has to be in because lol.

I'm pretty confident in saying that Roman, Seth and AJ should all be part of it. Seth because he can talk and is spectacular in ring, AJ seems to have adapted so perfectly to the main event scene, will deliver in the ring everytime and is shockingly over.

But the fourth slot has so many options. Do you slot Cena straight back in there? He's too good to ignore but they definitely want to wind him down. Could you make Big E marginally more serious and strap the rocket to him, while not breaking up the New Day? Does KO's look preclude him from that spotlight? Could Sami break into that main event without it feeling forced? Does Orton deserve a last run at it? Will they let Bray hit the big one? Does Finn graduate straight to the very top?

They actually have too much talent when you think about it hehe

They currently have one of the biggest roster if I recall correctly.

Fox318

Is this from a wrestling thing?

XcYWWe9.gif

good ole family entertainment

Cagey

Banned
Ambrose is one of those guys that I try so much to like and get behind, but I just can't. He's fucking terrible. Maybe it's his looney character as I thought he was cool in the Shield.

I've come around to the fact that Ambrose has too much Cesaro in him or Big E in him: despite his efforts, he seems naturally and inherently goofy rather than menacing.

Which means he, and those others, need to act to portray someone menacing.

And wrestlers are shit actors. See: avatar.

For you guys who work at a desk all day:

Make sure you're standing up, stretching and working them core muscles. Got diagnosed with a bulging disc today and shit aint fun.

Sephzilla

For you guys who work at a desk all day:

Make sure you're standing up, stretching and working them core muscles. Got diagnosed with a bulging disc today and shit aint fun.

I've been making a habit of getting up and going for quick little walks during my work day. I'm actually thinking of asking for one of those desks that can raise up or down for both sitting and standing.

Zach

I've come around to the fact that Ambrose has too much Cesaro in him or Big E in him: despite his efforts, he seems naturally and inherently goofy rather than menacing.

Which means he, and those others, need to act to portray someone menacing.

And wrestlers are shit actors. See: avatar.

That's why they shouldn't be actors. They should be crazy people who believe in what they're doing. That's the only way wrestling works.

Cagey

Banned
That's why they shouldn't be actors. They should be crazy people who believe in what they're doing. That's the only way wrestling works.

Certainly. Ambrose today is likely a turned up version of Ambrose himself.

The expectation post-Shield was for Ambrose to become a top tier crazy, psychotic heel.

From what's transpired, that seems like that role the fans wanted would require him to act.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
As much as you guys love to constantly reference strapping rockets to Big E, I don't even understand how that would plausibly occur unless Vince decides he hates money.

Big E's most memorable storyline prior to the New Day was getting friendzoned by AJ Lee.

Zach

As much as you guys love to constantly reference strapping rockets to Big E, I don't even understand how that would plausibly occur unless Vince decides he hates money.

Big E's most memorable storyline prior to the New Day was getting friendzoned by AJ Lee.

From what I've seen, Big E and co. are a lot of fun. But from where I'm sitting, it'd be like putting the World Championship on Johnny B. Badd or Disco Inferno. Seems a bit wacky.

I've been making a habit of getting up and going for quick little walks during my work day. I'm actually thinking of asking for one of those desks that can raise up or down for both sitting and standing.

I've got one, but it goes beyond the standing though. I commute 2 hours each way and ride my bike. I'm just constantly in a seated position so on top of the hunch my hips + abs are just fighting each other constantly.

The desk are worth it though. I can keep a coffee mug or water bottle on it without worry of it falling while lowering & raising.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't care if it's Nak America, I can't justify $150 for NXT. That's absurd.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Weird, almost like every wrestler has shitty nothing storylines at the start

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm almost certain I paid a little more than that for my pair of tickets. You're being a baby. A big, fat baby.
Maybe I'm more responsible with my money, pal.

That said, enjoy Nakamura's visible butthole.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weird, almost like every wrestler has shitty nothing storylines at the start

That's the point: there were like 2 years between that and the New Day. Dude's charisma is all in being goofy.

Angry Grimace

She is a terrible wrestler.

Related to The Rock though, the only true test for superstardom.

Nia Jax is ACTUALLY related to the Rock so she's probably winning the Women's Title.

jmdajr

Nothing wrong with saving your money it's smart. But when I do spend, I feel like these days I rather do things than buy things.

Like a couple of years ago I said, "Fuck it, we're all going Disney World. I don't know if we will be able to again in the future."

Save 2 dollars in cause you live long, but spend 1 in case you drop dead tomorrow. Works for me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm more responsible with my significant life experiences, pal.

That said, enjoy the regret of not enjoying Nakamura's visible butthole on your deathbed.

I think I can get it on my tablet w/WWE Network

Angry Grimace

Can Tully's daughter wrestle? Weird question, but they really haven't introduced any new female talent since like Asuka who was instantly promoted as the reincarnation of Brock Lesnar as a diminutive Japanese girl (its just like my animes!) and Nia Jax, who kind of sucks.

Ronin Ray

I rarely watch TNA, but this is what I keep hearing about Joe's last couple of years.

Even early on Joe was misused in TNA but it kept getting worse and worse. The guy had an undefeated streak in TNA for over a year and they had Kurt Angle beat him right after coming into TNA. I think it might have Angles first PPV in the company. Then Angle proceeded to beat him over and over. Joe main evented TNA's biggest PPV and was only TNA world champ once I believe. I stopped watching so that might have changed later.

Zach

I forgot to complain about Asuka having a competitive match with Eva Marie on NXT the other day. Laaame.

It'll probably happen again on Sat. :(

Top Bottom