• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| "Not a good thread. Not a bad thread. But THEE Thread" "

Sephzilla

I'm the greatest poster of all time. I provide quality and quantity. Three cheers for Zach!

UeUngsX.gif

Zach

Sephzilla's just mad because I didn't name him as my Dizciple. Sorry, Sephzilla! It's not my fault you get a lukewarm reaction around here while Jimmy King is selling loads of The Jimmy King of Kings T-shirts.

I like you Zach. I'm in the Zach section.

This means a lot coming from someone with such a cranky avatar. Thanks, kiquel182!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sephzilla's recent posts have been odd, not like the old Sephzilla. You ok pal?

Sephzilla

Off topic. I fucking lol'd at Activision saying they aren't worried about people playing the COD4 remaster more than the new COD, and then they force you to buy the new COD in order to get the COD4 remaster. I think that's at least an honorable mention for the Carnies

jmdajr

Well, we could start talking about Dragonball again

So I started watching Original Dragonball with my 3 1/2 year old. Man. I forget what big pervs Master Roshi and Oolong are. It's all on HULU but only the first 5 or so episodes are available dubbed. Rest are subbed. Maybe it's for the best.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't mean post
bad
opinions about kideo games, Zillers. You just seem to have lost your smile, your love of wrasslin.

Fortunately for you we are here.
GpCSL4G.gif

kunonabi

Wrestlemania 3

I'm watching Steamboat/Macho via the 'Showstealer' collection. I haven't seen Wrestlemania 3 in years, probably since I was like 9. Re-watching it now I'm realizing the camera work on this is just really great. The angles are doing a great job of making the event seem so large. There's a ton of shots like this where it just feels like you're there watching from the arena and the match seems so big.

wm3_steamboatmacho.jpg

Not to nitpick the "new" era too much, but one thing I've been noticing of late is the camera angles are too close now. I feel like they take away from the scale of the matches too much. I've said a few times the production value of current WWE feels too much and brings down the event (for me) a bit.

I absolutely hate the camera work now. It's too close, frequently out of position, and just calls attention to itself too often. Outside of the video packages the production values as a whole have been on the decline.

Zach

NeoGAF Vince McMahon, you get tickets to NXT?

I absolutely hate the camera work now. It's too close, frequently out of position, and just calls attention to itself too often. Outside of the video packages the production values as a whole have been on the decline.

Modern-day camerawork is hideous and everyone should hate it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
NeoGAF Vince McMahon, you get tickets to NXT?

No. Not yet. I can't justify it yet. Still looking. You never know. I just can't justify it. Nak America or no, I can't justify that price.

Ithil

How about those iron man power rangers

They remind me of Father Ted trying to fix the single dent in the raffle prize car and just not stopping

df4011bc-1e65-412a-8716-187dde4c8b3d_625x352.jpg

Why they feel the need to keep adding so many random lines and shit to the design I don't know. Can't you just stop drawing extra details at some point?

I distinctly remember people saying this about, at various times, Zayn, Sandow, Ambrose, and Bray, and I have the same reaction to this as I did to those
Zayn has plenty of time since he's barely been on the main roster for 2 months, you're insane if you thought Sandow would fly that high, I blame Cena at wrestlemania for murdering his momentum, and Dean's time has passed to become champion. Way too many people that are better than him now and will pass him in popularity shortly

Ambrose is one of those guys that I try so much to like and get behind, but I just can't. He's fucking terrible. Maybe it's his looney character as I thought he was cool in the Shield.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The problem with arguing that Ambrose, Styles, KO, Zayn, Balor and anyone else who is popular with smarks is "never getting the belt" is that you're basically reducing the list of people eligible to win the title to just Roman and Seth. And sure, that's a funny argument, I just don't think it makes any sense in a wrestling context.

Kurita

Ambrose is one of those guys that I try so much to like and get behind, but I just can't. He's fucking terrible. Maybe it's his looney character as I thought he was cool in the Shield.

I knew I'd be loving him if I was a teenager. (I don't think he's terrible, I find him funny and tolerable)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And his in ring skills, at least what he's been showing, is not good.

I think he's fine in matches against people who work well with his style, but he's pretty terrible against someone like Lesnar. Lesnar just didn't seem to have it in him to sell that geek-offense. The best way I can describe it is that he tries to move really fast while not actually moving really fast.

Example: Ambrose does this move sequence where he hits his opponent with 3 forearms. He does this in like 5 seconds. If he did it over 10 seconds and tried to emphasize the impact of each of them they'd look about 10 times better. Instead they just look like he's pushing his opponent backwards with his wrist. This is true of basically all of his moves - the way he moves makes everything just look like getting hit with wet noodles because he doesn't give his opponent any chance to sell anything.

kiguel182

Ambrose should've stick with the SHIELD character.

This loony character is terrible.

kiguel182

Ambrose on the SHIELD was cool and calculated. He was a little deranged but with a purpose and it was a guy you didn't want to mess with.

Ambrose now is just an idiot that likes to get beat up.

jmdajr

Ambrose on the SHIELD was cool and calculated. He was a little deranged but with a purpose and it was a guy you didn't want to mess with.

Ambrose now is just an idiot that likes to get beat up.

I was about to say SHIELD Ambrose was probably MAX Ambrose.

Seth got better when he left though. Man his Shield promos were .. not the best.

kiguel182

I was about to say SHIELD Ambrose was probably MAX Ambrose.

Seth got better when he left though. Man his Shield promos were .. not the best.

Rollins was the only one that improved post-SHIELD I agree. He embraced the cocky heel perfectly.

Roman stayed the same.

And Ambrose, well, you know...

Top Bottom