• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Does anyone believe Cody Rhodes would've been released a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact he's Dusty's son?

I get that he's talented, but so were a lot of wrestlers who were let go. He's like one failed gimmick after another.

Help me understand bros

Marvel

could never
Does anyone believe Cody Rhodes would've been released a long time ago if it wasn't for the fact he's Dusty's son?

Hell no.

He's a consistently solid worker, and is great with whatever he's given. I don't think it's his name keeping him around at all. Surprised that you do.

Aiii

So not worth it
Cody is good midcard enhancement talent. You can put him in the ring with pretty much anyone and he'll sell his little ass off to make the other guy look good. Why would WWE want to get rid of him, family or no?

Nope, Cody is golden in my eyes after his mask run. He's better than pretty much anyone released while he was in the WWE

Cody's perfectly...fine at the midcard level he's at. Which is OK. We need Tito Santana's along with the Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage's in the pecking order.

RP912

Banned
Nah Cody can make anything work. Dude is an exceptional worker and underrated wrestler. The problem is the fact that he get's involved in hit and miss feuds and stupid ass storylines to give the man his due. I guess like father like son :/.

RP912

Banned
Hell no.

He's a consistently solid worker, and is great with whatever he's given. I don't think it's his name keeping him around at all. Surprised that you do.

image.php

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
There is also something to be said for a guy who will act fully in character and walk around a mall, including going to a movie, as a way to generate interest for a show they are doing the next day.

His own personal tweets and behaviour in his real life personality aside, as Cody Rhodes and/or Stardust, he's not someone you want to get rid of.

KissVibes

Banned
Hell no.

His shitty attitude is probably what keeps him out of the main event. Great worker, fantastic promos, and good looking too.

He was on fire going into and coming out of MitB, but then booking got bad. Started to get good again with the Rhodes versus McMahons angle then dived into FUCKING AWFUL territory when it became about Big Show getting over on Triple H and The Shield.

The Stardust thing was funny for a few weeks but then it should've moved to Cody snapping out of it and retiring his brother. Given how much Cody seems to legit hate old wrestlers sticking around and a lot of 90s wrestling stuff, them giving him a retiring "legends" gimmick would've been great.

JavyOO7

She isn't bad as an artist. Though the vitriol against her is probably for pulling her stuff off of Spotify, which I wish she didn't do. I like her song with Ed Sheeran, for instance.

RP912

Banned
I never heard a Taylor Swift song and even if I did...I don't remember doing such things. I can't keep up with the Poppy and the hippity hop the youngins are listening to nowadays.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
L-O-L @ Bronson's tag. "The Broke and the Furious"

Fits him well. Sometimes tags are perfect. Sometimes.

Alucard

Banned
T-Swift is the epitome of disposable pop. None of her songs are offensive, and some of them are quite good and enjoyable, but I would never go out of my way to listen to her.

To word it differently, she's pleasant and I won't turn her off if she's on my stereo, but I'd never seek out and pay for her stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty excited for this WrassleGAF Viewing Night, even if it ends up just being me, because I know the movie selected is fantastic and really entertaining.

MLplt6j.jpg

GrXt2cu.jpg

vQfFd7o.jpg

CihmNtz.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When is this viewing party thing taking place, because I'm in for The Lizard.

The Lizard is ratings.

How does one attend this viewing party, and when is it?

I haven't decided on the date and time, but the movie is DELIGHTFUL. I just need to pick the most accessible time. I'm thinking a Tuesday night sometime, but that'd fuck our British friends, which sucks. I'm unsure.

O shit that film is ace.

Can we spread some Miniak in there? I've only heard tales of her exploits.

All the Miniak you'll ever need:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrbSKHa2R_Q

Zach

Do people really like Swift here or is it people just trying to be ironic?

At first I thought it was dudes trying to be ironic, but now I'm more inclined to believe it's similar to Vita-GAF and their waifus that you guys are always bashing...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At first I thought it was dudes trying to be ironic, but now I'm more inclined to believe it's similar to Vita-GAF and their waifus that you guys are always bashing...

Isn't Swift over 18? If so it's nothing like Viter-garf.

Noam's finisher is the Champagne Super Kneebar? That's brilliant...

ICW bill him from "A Champagne Supernova in a Galaxy Far Far Away", which as with most of ICW's forced pop culture commentary/announcement nicknames, is much more on the nose, and less fun.

The only one I like, and I REALLY like it, is Kid Fite, who the commentators have used:

"He is The One Who Knocks............. The Fuck Out of You"

KissVibes

Banned
Did anyone watch that Jericho interview? Only thing noteworthy that seems to be going around from it is Steph saying there isn't enough time on RAW for more Diva matches or for them to main event RAW. She suggested that Smackdown may be the show for Diva matches and Womens ring time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
http://i.imgur.com/MIHSpmV.gif

Miniak jiffs mean we've reached a whole new frontier. That one is fantastic.
uqjEu6M.gif

ICW bill him from "A Champagne Supernova in a Galaxy Far Far Away", which as with most of ICW's forced pop culture commentary/announcement nicknames, is much more on the nose, and less fun.

The only one I like, and I REALLY like it, is Kid Fite, who the commentators have used:

"He is The One Who Knocks............. The Fuck Out of You"

Oasis isn't very good though :( sometimes they're amazing but they're just too cunty to enjoy much.

Did anyone watch that Jericho interview? Only thing noteworthy that seems to be going around from it is Steph saying there isn't enough time on RAW for more Diva matches or for them to main event RAW. She suggested that Smackdown may be the show for Diva matches and Womens ring time.

I watched it as did El Pescado. I felt it was better than his Cena interview but not by much. Low bar. It's not too impressive. I found it funny that Tuesday Night Titans was on right after it.

Fuck off, you've got 3 hours, and that's a slog. You could do it in 2. No-one gives a shit about SmackDown, that's not giving them a chance

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do Britsh people like Oasis so much when they've only had one hit record.

It's like if America was still way into New Radicals in 2015.

Bandini

Her new album has a lot of fun songs. Just really over the top, absurd, yet self aware lyrics. For me, it's dumb entertainment done right.

JavyOO7

I don't think she suggested the Smackdown thing but it was Jericho.

Why do Britsh people like Oasis so much when they've only had one hit record.

It's like if America was still way into New Radicals in 2015.

Oasis fucking suck. It's like the British Nickelback: no-one you know actually likes them, but they sell out stadiums, and have that one song of theirs that you like.

Hell no.

I remember being super pissed when Cody didn't win MITB 2013.

Really can't stand the stardust gimmick though. Seems a complete waste

Top Bottom