• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Fox318

Did anyone watch that Jericho interview? Only thing noteworthy that seems to be going around from it is Steph saying there isn't enough time on RAW for more Diva matches or for them to main event RAW. She suggested that Smackdown may be the show for Diva matches and Womens ring time.

3 hours and there isn't enough time?

They open up every fucking show with a storyline that involves her , her fucking husband, and their fucking handpicked star and handpicked heel.

20-30 minute promos.

15 years ago this Foley said this to HHH.

https://youtu.be/qz6VKjt-REU?t=534

Now we open up every fucking show with a HHH style promo.

Problem with the Divas division now is they are getting exposed for having talent-less models instead of wrestlers.

Brie Bella fucking sucks, Nikki has improved but not to a pointy where she should be the fucking face of the division, and the rest of the roster is filled with people that are nobodys or people who are booked like nobodys.

Sephzilla

I like the Stardust gimmick but that gimmick is going to give him the same glass ceiling Goldust had where he'll never go higher than a mid card title since he's a sideshow gimmick. I want Dr Doom Cody Rhodes back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oasis fucking suck. It's like the British Nickelback: no-one you know actually likes them, but they sell out stadiums, and have that one song of theirs that you like.

I saw Nickelback play at a festival once, it was hilarious how fuckin' weird they were. They came galloping out to a Metallica cover and did Metallica medleys all night. It was WEIRD. Fun festival though, got to see Molotov.

Sephzilla

Did anyone watch that Jericho interview? Only thing noteworthy that seems to be going around from it is Steph saying there isn't enough time on RAW for more Diva matches or for them to main event RAW. She suggested that Smackdown may be the show for Diva matches and Womens ring time.

How the fuck do you not have enough time for Divas on a 3 hour show?

Fox318

You know what Cody Rhodes really should do?

Take a break from WWE and go to TNA and figure out what he really wants to be. He has had so many gimmicks and if he didn't have the family connection they would have cut his ass.

Sure he can work but he has failed so much at trying to establish a gimmick or a persona that would relate with people.

Why do Britsh people like Oasis so much when they've only had one hit record.

It's like if America was still way into New Radicals in 2015.

I was never much of a fan but during their time they were never out of the UK charts hitting number 1 about 7 or 8 times. I know they never hit huge in the US though. Personally I thought the Liam and Noel where bellends that made fairly poor Beatles inspired rock and there were at least 5-6 similar bands who deserved that success more.

Zach

Hahaha, not enough time in a three-hour RAW. Even though everyone else says that three hours is incredibly difficult to deal with because it's so long. Glad I'm not watching these seemingly terrible Jericho interviews.

Bandini

Oasis fucking suck. It's like the British Nickelback: no-one you know actually likes them, but they sell out stadiums, and have that one song of theirs that you like.

I'm pretty sure you just admitted to liking a Nickleback song. Tell me friend, how did you feel that first time you heard Look at this Photograph?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I'm not saying he doesn't have skills. He's just not as good as any of those other guys. His weaknesses that I listed are very apparent. And he's not as smooth as any of those other guys either.

But if you are just considering "John Morisson" the WWE act, as I did in the original question, I think my placement is exactly where he belongs. Which is not very high. And if Rey was on that list, which he should have been, even lower.

No, Rey should not have been. The list was a bunch of white dudes that WWE employed that filled their spot of white high flyer. Same goes to Puma.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really like Slide Away by Oasis and Swamp Song, the rest is kinda throwaway to me.

I'm pretty sure you just admitted to liking a Nickleback song. Tell me friend, how did you feel that first time you heard Look at this Photograph?

I kind of like Burn it to the Ground because it was burnt into my brain by Raw. When I was younger, I thought Figured You Out was good for reasons I'm not comfortable going into, but should be obvious when you listen to it with a teenager's mind.

Being a Brit, we somehow avoided Photograph. How You Remind Me was their one big hit.

Are wrestlers aware of backstage things when they happen on the television show? Like when there is a backstage segment in the authority's office but they act like there isn't a camera there, is that like a scene just for the audience or can the characters watch it and react accordingly?

NXT road tickets went up at 10, and... sold out for everything but standing room only within 5 minutes. Debating whether standing room only is even worth going to versus just seeing it on the Network.

You know what Cody Rhodes really should do?

Take a break from WWE and go to TNA and figure out what he really wants to be. He has had so many gimmicks and if he didn't have the family connection they would have cut his ass.

Name one person with as much talent as Cody that the WWE has cut. They would rather keep someone like him on the payroll for years than release him and let him become a star somewhere else. That said, it would be a good idea for Cody to quit for a year or two, do indies and Japan, and then try to come back. But not TNA, no one should go TNA unless thats their last option.

Vylash

April Wrasslin' Thread |
SwDhZO8.gif
tumblr_nchkpxexwA1rdx8ebo3_500.gif

Browny

Banned
Being a Brit, we somehow avoided Photograph. How You Remind Me was their one big hit.
I remember the great heel turn of Nickleback - that Rockstar song on that fucking sofa advert. Ooooh the stream of hatred was something to behold.

Side note - I've always hated my iPod for classifying Nickleback as rock, so when I stick Genius on, a song creeps in without me knowing.
I have no idea how their first album is in my collection, but it's a moot point as my iTunes harddrive is fried.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What is this?

The Backyard - a documentary (legit-ass documentary) about backyard wrestlers. It's really awesome and horrible, exactly what you want out of backyard wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poor Jillian. She's delightful.

Long weekend though? Motherfucker for what? :|

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yall get a long weekend because motherfuckers ring your doorbell? I guess they'll...yeah

RP my dude, replace that jiff in your folder with this:
CujleV0.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god Sunny no, that place is gonna be a graveyard

I'm #safe, I'm a protected class, I'll never be banned again. I'm gonna go applaud them on their great manipulation of outrage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I really need to cut one of those Sunflower deals to make my account unbannable, unblockable, and worse.

I can get you in on this. Hope you like pressing the flesh with some unsavory characters.

People with ICW On Demand, they just put up their Sheffield show with the Tommy End vs Drew Galloway match, which sounds amazing on paper.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good Guy Hogan visits a sick kid without any camera or news reporters following him and dude on ImgUR said he was a genuinely nice guy. Told yall Hogan done turned a new leaf.
TCpUWyn.jpg

Tho you know the kid was like 'did you have to bring Jimmy?'

Top Bottom