• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I was pondering this question to myself the other day. Which currently active full-time wrestler do you think is most beat up physically?

It has to be Angle, surely.

As well as the threadsake tournament, these are happening at SSS16:
QWLUdL6l.jpg

D95EEeOl.jpg

Can you tell me more about this Jinny girl?

Kaladin

So why aren't we talking about the Lucha World Cup?

11078241_696310593814345_5513379699384985772_n.jpg

The website for AAA's next major show, the Lucha Libre World Cup, is now up and running at http://internetvluchalibreworldcup.com/. It will cost $19 U.S. to watch the show live via internet pay-per-view at that site on Sunday, May 24th at 6:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. local time in the Mexico D.F. time zone).

The card will consist of a trios tournament featuring a loaded lineup of talent from all around the world, centered around the "dream team" of El Patron Alberto (the former Alberto Del Rio), Rey Mysterio Jr., and Myzteziz (the original Sin Cara/CMLL's first Mistico). Tne full list of teams is:

* Dream Team: El Patrón Alberto, Myzteziz, & Rey Mysterio Jr.
* Team Mexico #1: El Hijo del Fantasma, El Texano Jr., & Psycho Clown
* Team MexLeyendas: Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., & Solar I
* Team "Rest of the World": Drew Galloway, Angélico, & El Mesías (Ricky Banderas/Judas Mesias)
* Team TNA/Lucha Underground: Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson, & Johnny Mundo
* Team ROH/Lucha Underground: Moose, ACH, & Brian Cage
* Team Pro Wrestling NOAH: Taiji Ishimori, Yoshihiro Takayama, & Atsushi Kotoge
* Team AJPW: Kenzo Suzuki, Tiger Mask III (Koji Kanemoto), & Masamune

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can you tell me more about this Jinny girl?

D'Jinni is actually a play on "genie" - she's a genie character. Not much else is known, but I do know youtube has some "Genie in the Lamp" matches - a couple at least, up on there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So why aren't we talking about the Lucha World Cup?

The website for AAA's next major show, the Lucha Libre World Cup, is now up and running at http://internetvluchalibreworldcup.com/. It will cost $19 U.S. to watch the show live via internet pay-per-view at that site on Sunday, May 24th at 6:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. local time in the Mexico D.F. time zone).

The card will consist of a trios tournament featuring a loaded lineup of talent from all around the world, centered around the "dream team" of El Patron Alberto (the former Alberto Del Rio), Rey Mysterio Jr., and Myzteziz (the original Sin Cara/CMLL's first Mistico). Tne full list of teams is:

* Dream Team: El Patrón Alberto, Myzteziz, & Rey Mysterio Jr.
* Team Mexico #1: El Hijo del Fantasma, El Texano Jr., & Psycho Clown
* Team MexLeyendas: Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., & Solar I
* Team "Rest of the World": Drew Galloway, Angélico, & El Mesías (Ricky Banderas/Judas Mesias)
* Team TNA/Lucha Underground: Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson, & Johnny Mundo
* Team ROH/Lucha Underground: Moose, ACH, & Brian Cage
* Team Pro Wrestling NOAH: Taiji Ishimori, Yoshihiro Takayama, & Atsushi Kotoge
* Team AJPW: Kenzo Suzuki, Tiger Mask III (Koji Kanemoto), & Masamune

I'll tell you the honest truth.

Because people don't have enough time, won't take a chance on them mexican wrasslin', but see some jiffs and hear good feedback and say "man I really need to check that out" and never follow through. I'm guilty of this - a lot.

Kaladin

Because people don't have enough time, won't take a chance on them mexican wrasslin', but see some jiffs and hear good feedback and say "man I really need to check that out" and never follow through. I'm guilty of this - a lot.

It actually looks more like a Lucha Underground PPV.....think Striker and Vampiro are handling the English commentary.

klonere

Banned
Wrestling Society X, where you can see a young Matt Sydal/Evan Bourne playing a smooth playboy character.

Looking at the Wiki for it, even they managed a DVD after 1 season. Hope springs eternal.

Listening to a thunderous "Vince is gay" chant at Over The Edge 98. More innocent times I suppose.

EDIT: Now onto "Let's go homo let's go"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
oh man i'm so ready for rock's other cousin to be a hoss in the divas division

hopefully the performance center doesn't ruin her look and give her the 'washboard abs skinnier girl with the two piece wrestling outfit' that they stick on everyone else

hopefully the performance center doesn't ruin her look and give her the 'washboard abs skinnier girl with the two piece wrestling outfit' that they stick on everyone else
Her and Tamina will form a stable where they show up randomly in storylines and disappear for months.

tm24

Did you watch the Titan v Cavenario match at least?

Please enjoy wrestling

Titan vs Barbaro Cavenario

So good!

Watch it instead of hatewatching whatever it is that keeps you guys in this thread

Sephzilla

if those two pics are an accurate depiction of her look, it sucks.

seriously, is she 25 years late to an audition for The Running Man?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you watch the Titan v Cavenario match at least?

absolutely. I make plenty of time for lucher wrustlin. I am guilty of seeing SHINE events or ROH and saying "sure, I'll check that one" and never end up doing it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What *bad* matches has he had? The Wyatt stuff was dull, but by no stretch bad. And how many good Wyatt matches that don't involve the Shield can you name?

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan

how many other dudes has he even wrestled outside of those?

Top Bottom