• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

So why aren't we talking about the Lucha World Cup?

11078241_696310593814345_5513379699384985772_n.jpg

The website for AAA's next major show, the Lucha Libre World Cup, is now up and running at http://internetvluchalibreworldcup.com/. It will cost $19 U.S. to watch the show live via internet pay-per-view at that site on Sunday, May 24th at 6:00 p.m. ET (5:00 p.m. local time in the Mexico D.F. time zone).

The card will consist of a trios tournament featuring a loaded lineup of talent from all around the world, centered around the "dream team" of El Patron Alberto (the former Alberto Del Rio), Rey Mysterio Jr., and Myzteziz (the original Sin Cara/CMLL's first Mistico). Tne full list of teams is:

* Dream Team: El Patrón Alberto, Myzteziz, & Rey Mysterio Jr.
* Team Mexico #1: El Hijo del Fantasma, El Texano Jr., & Psycho Clown
* Team MexLeyendas: Blue Demon Jr., Dr. Wagner Jr., & Solar I
* Team "Rest of the World": Drew Galloway, Angélico, & El Mesías (Ricky Banderas/Judas Mesias)
* Team TNA/Lucha Underground: Matt Hardy, Mr. Anderson, & Johnny Mundo
* Team ROH/Lucha Underground: Moose, ACH, & Brian Cage
* Team Pro Wrestling NOAH: Taiji Ishimori, Yoshihiro Takayama, & Atsushi Kotoge
* Team AJPW: Kenzo Suzuki, Tiger Mask III (Koji Kanemoto), & Masamune

Repost for the new page, LU fans should consider watching this one.

Bray Wyatt vs John Cena
Bray Wyatt vs Daniel Bryan

how many other dudes has he even wrestled outside of those?

I'd disagree on Cena, and Bryan is Bryan. Agreed on who else has he wrestled.

Wyatt vs. Bryan was the first one I could name.

His match against Undertaker was passable. He apparently wrestled Jack Swagger on a couple of episodes of Main Event. There's probably a match against an Uso too.

No Shield guys, so that entire series against Dean Ambrose is out.

Since we're all about the house shows, Wyatt's wrestled Orton, Reigns, Erick Rowan, Sheamus, Big Show,

There's a random match against Sin Cara from a SmackDown and a Main Event.

But really, which recent Jericho match has stuck in your memory that makes a match against Balor worth our time?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly nothing kills American interest quite like the words "World Cup"

Soccer is the worst sport on the planet next to shitty hockey. Which is basically sweeping the kitchen for a score. On ice.

Playoff hockey is great. Don't know too much about the teams tho.

World Cup is the greatest sporing event in the world. So much fun to watch.

I've had a little mess about with making some sprites, not entirely original as I was following a guide, but it's opened my eyes a little on how to use colour to create 'detail'.

eLJSq1l.png

v0cWlLk.png

hlI6Tfe.png

This was the biggest hurdle for getting the WrestlingRPG off the ground, but now I have this part sheet/prototype to work from, I feel a lot more confident!

But really, which recent Jericho match has stuck in your memory that makes a match against Balor worth our time?

Depends how recent we want to go I guess. You don't have to go too far back in his match history to get to Punk, which was great, and Fandango at Mania, which I enjoyed as well (come at me)

I agree that nothing recently has been memorable, but what has he done lately? Live events and a dull but passable Wyatt feud. I don't see anything sticking out as bad in ring that makes people think he can't pull off a hell of a match with Balor.

Playoff hockey is great. Don't know too much about the teams tho.

World Cup is the greatest sporing event in the world. So much fun to watch.

NHL games 7 are the best. NY Rangers vs. Washington Capitals, game 7 tonight. That will likely supersede Lucha Underground and NXT.

Global force roster updated

New names released this week of talent for the promotion include IWGP jr. tag team champions The Young Bucks, Chuck Taylor, Cliff Compton, Sonjay Dutt (who is also involved in the office with Scott D’Amore) Chase Stevens, Cassidy Riley, Jigsaw, Jim Duggan, Jamin Olivencia, George Murdoch (Tyrus in TNA and Brodus Clay in WWE), Luke Hawx, Jim Cornette, Trent Barreta and The New Heavenly Bodies. This goes with the list announced last week of NWA & GHC tag team champions Davey Boy Smith Jr. & Lance Archer, New Japan’s Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows, P.J. Black, Seiya Sanada, Chris Mordetzky (Masters), Thea Trinidad, Le’d Tapa and ROH’s Quinn “Moose” Ojinnaka.

¡HarlequinPanic!;163845748 said:
and what an appropriate Prototype it is~

haha yeah, I'm to spend tomorrow practicing creating different styles and gear - gloves, elbow/knee pads, boots, kickpads, etc so it should be easy to create your own person.

Bandini

Gotta admit, World Cup was pretty dope the time before last when I had no job and a lot of pot and booze. Matches all day! Can't get into it as much as a productive member of society, sadly.

Depends how recent we want to go I guess. You don't have to go too far back in his match history to get to Punk, which was great, and Fandango at Mania, which I enjoyed as well (come at me)

I agree that nothing recently has been memorable, but what has he done lately? Live events and a dull but passable Wyatt feud. I don't see anything sticking out as bad in ring that makes people think he can't pull off a hell of a match with Balor.

Taking only televised matches:

2014: vs. Bray Wyatt (Raw cage match, SummerSlam, Battleground), w/Reigns vs. Orton & Rollins (SmackDown), vs. Kane (Raw), vs. Orton (Night of Champions, SmackDown), vs. Luke Harper (Raw, SmackDown), vs. Erick Rowan (SmackDown), vs. Rollins (Raw), vs. The Miz (Raw)

If we strip the TV matches out, we have vs. Orton at Night of Champions and vs. Wyatt at SummerSlam and Battleground.

I think the Orton match was ok, but I can't remember a thing about that match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Still no word if Prince Nana is coming with Moose? I hope so.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just imagine BJ Whitmer wakes up every day and looks at himself in the mirror, 'What the fuck am I doing with my life?'

WWE officials were hoping to get Daniel Bryan back in the ring this month and have him defend the Intercontinental Title against King Barrett this Sunday at the Payback pay-per-view but as noted, they got MRI results back on May 8th and it was determined that Bryan would not be able to return any time soon, if ever again.

The situation has brought a lot of frustration within WWE. WWE officials want what's best for Bryan but they obviously want him working for the company and want him on TV as they have a DVD and other products coming out that need to be promoted. There has been some talk that Bryan is now so injury-prone that maybe they could best use him in a non-wrestling position.

Since Monday's RAW where he dropped the Intercontinental Title, the talk has been that Bryan is trying to figure out a way to get cleared. There's been no word yet if Bryan will be getting the surgery that he was so reluctant to get before but people are wondering if that's an option. Needless to say, a lot of people in the company really feel bad for Bryan right now.

fucking christ we're actually going to end up doing this again next year too

There just has to be a point where Bryan realizes that oil pulling isn't working.

He tried homeopathy 7 months ago, it didn't work*. Do what's needed, or accept retirement, because the alternative is what everybody sees coming, it involves being the next Angle, and nobody fucking wants it.

*And yes he did try it. He confessed to it himself on Jericho's podcast and spent 10 minutes talking indepth about it. Stop acting like it didn't happen, stop acting like everything's a work and that this is a 180 IQ person we're talking about who doesn't need what every other human needs when they suffer a major injury.

REAL ASS LESNAR

Actor Skylar Astin was on Brendan Schaub’s podcast and talked about going to UFC 184 (Ronda Rousey vs. Cat Zingano) and sitting in the owners section and his brother went up to Lesnar and said, “Dude, you gotta come back, man. You gotta come back.” Lesnar looked at Astin’s brother and said, “Sit the f*** down. You don’t know shit. What the f***.” Lesnar’s demeanor came off like he was furious. Astin said his brother’s girlfriend started crying and that Urijah Faber and T.J. Dillashaw, who were both there, just froze. Dillashaw then told Milan Astin, “Dude, he’s going to push your shit. You’re f***ed.” His girlfriend started crying again, thinking Lesnar would really do something

klonere

Banned
The life of a heel in 2015, one of the many problems I have with the current booking style. Kind of hard to draw any heat when you're eating L's all the time.

Harper should be pushed to the fucking moon as a monster heel`

And Data's idea for turning Big E into a hoss is still A+ book it

Top Bottom