• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Suzuki / Marufuji 2 is way better than the first

5fs9I5o.gif

dream

Sunflower, you know I think Fin Balor is the best thing going in WWE. In fact, I pay $10/mo to WWE just to watch Fin's sexy little butt. But goddamn, nothing infuriates me more than seeing those manta rays at "Full Sail University' doing his pose.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunflower, you know I think Fin Balor is the best thing going in WWE. In fact, I pay $10/mo to WWE just to watch Fin's sexy little butt. But goddamn, nothing infuriates me more than seeing those manta rays at "Full Sail University' doing his pose.

He's very marketable. Comes with the territory. Hopefully he does a Playgirl spread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I rather like Kevin Owens, but he's way too fat to ever make it in the big leagues.

Daniel Bryan got the unwashed look over. Owens might be able to do the same with his weight.

dream

Daniel Bryan got the unwashed look over. Owens might be able to do the same with his weight.

He's just so rotund and slovenly, Sunflower. I get that the "dad bod" is in, but we watch pro wrestling because pro wrestlers are our modern mythology, our modern gods, our contemporary Adonises. Nobody other than Daniel Bryan fans watch pro wrestling because they're like "hey, that guy has my body and my awkwardness!"

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Fat guys have a historic place in the business.

Owens is just fat enough to pull it off. It's people like CM Punk Bo Dallas and Chris Hero that can't.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's just so rotund and slovenly, Sunflower. I get that the "dad bod" is in, but we watch pro wrestling because pro wrestlers are our modern mythology, our modern gods, our contemporary Adonises. Nobody other than Daniel Bryan fans watch pro wrestling because they're like "hey, that guy has my body and my awkwardness!"

Owens is just fat enough to pull it off. It's people like CM Punk Bo Dallas and Chris Hero that can't.

I agree, there's a place for chunky dudes.

Is that place on top of WWE? Dunno. Might be worth a shot. They did it for Yokozuna. Depends on his character.

dream

Owens is just fat enough to pull it off. It's people like CM Punk and Chris Hero that can't.

They do, but other than Big Van Vader, Stan Hansen, and maybe Bam Bam Bigelow, their fatness becomes their gimmick. Actually, I take that back. Big Van Vader and Bam Bam Bigelow had that "look, I'm a big fat fuck, watch me do a moonsault!" thing going for them.

I think about David "Tank" Abbott, a legit killer who comes strapped with a shiv, being reduced to a man who played with his nipples and danced with Evan Karagias. I think about David "Tank" Abbott and I see Kevin Owens's future.

It'd be awful to finally work your way to your first WWE contract only to turn your fate over to the hands of a crowd of unwashed Florida dorks.

dream

Il y a une grande et drole histoire de Jacques Rougeau essaie de devenir un agent de police, mais il ne pouvait pas parce qu'il decroche de l'ecole secondaire.

bigkrev

Not to spoil anything, but Tanahashi-Strong was incredible. Strong was busted open right from the start, and they had a freaking war.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Second gen curse is all too real. Most of the recent ones are decent performers too, just with bad gimmicks or bad timing in the WWE.

Second gen curse is all too real. Most of the recent ones are decent performers too, just with bad gimmicks or bad timing in the WWE.

Good thing he's 4th Gen.

Cedric Rougeau, if he signs, will probably be the first fourth generation pro wrestler in WWE. People know about his father, and his grandfather (Jacques Rougeau Sr., a Montreal pro wrestling icon), but his great great uncle was Eddy Auger, also a pro wrestler.

Kaladin

Zayn vs Cena from last week deserves to be in the conversation for MOTY. Simply because that is how you debut an NXT name on Raw right.

#FACT

Also, on a related note. if a Cena match is praised, it's because of how his opponent performed, not for his performance.

#FACT

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA didn't get enough praise last week. I just completely forgot about it because of Splatoon but it really was great last week.

Kaladin

So this week's NXT it is clearly a small group of fans chanting obnoxious stuff....like the same group of guys doing the dueling Let's go Sasha Let's go Black Shorts chants while the rest of the crowd visibly laughed and shook their head at them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
you debut him right by having him win

Most people debut by putting the boots into some jobber or mid carder. This guy got the chance to have one of the more memorable televised matches this year against an alltime great and looked good doing it.

I think anyone would take the second option. This loss was better than a hundred jobber victories.

MG310

So this week's NXT it is clearly a small group of fans chanting obnoxious stuff....like the same group of guys doing the dueling Let's go Sasha Let's go Black Shorts chants while the rest of the crowd visibly laughed and shook their head at them.

They tried their hardest to get that Glitter Glitz Sparkle Bliss chant going.

Top Bottom