• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Thorakai

Kevin Owens is best buds with The Rock. I'm sure that will help when he's in WWE. I hope.

I can see it now...
9WeYZZT.jpg

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Alexa Bliss <3, she's gonna be the Diva Neville............ but doesn't look like a rodent.

Breeze is so good, needs a bit more swagger about him go a bit more HBK'ish and the dudes money.

Alucard

Banned
Sounds like some good times at the ROH/NJPW shows in Philly. Looking forward to checking them out.

Just a reminder that the first Toronto show will be on iPPV tomorrow night.

In LOLTNA news

The confusion over the three-hour episode of TNA Impact Wrestling scheduled for next Friday seems to be because there will be no new episode of the show airing. Instead, Destination America will be airing the 2014 Slammiversary PPV from 8-11 p.m. It's worth noting next weekend is Memorial Day Weekend in the U.S., likely the reason for the change.

Slammiversary '14 was taped June 15, 2014, in Arlington, TX, headlined by Eric Young vs. Austin Aries vs. Bobby Lashley for the TNA title. It also featured Kevin Von Erich's return to wrestling in Texas as the cornerman for sons Marshall & Ross Von Erich.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Igavania game Bloodstained is about $100,000 shy of reaching the stretch goal which adds a boss rush mode.

I wonder how many Instagram Likes it'll take to unlock the next tier. I wonder if we can expect this in the game itself.

"Weaken Dracula by taking a screenshot, publishing it on Twitter and getting retweeted! Every retweet weakens Dracula! Make sure to use the hashtag #DefeatDracula to get more retweets!"

Konami's new CEO going full heel.

Konami? The pachinko company? Why does GAF pay attention to that company? They're not in the kideo business, they're too busy makin' profits.

RP912

Banned
I wonder how many Instagram Likes it'll take to unlock the next tier. I wonder if we can expect this in the game itself.

"Weaken Dracula by taking a screenshot, publishing it on Twitter and getting retweeted! Every retweet weakens Dracula! Make sure to use the hashtag #DefeatDracula to get more retweets!"

Konami? The pachinko company? Why does GAF pay attention to that company? They're not in the kideo business, they're too busy makin' profits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY4JI9DoE70
Dude pulled no fucking punches. He kept it all the way real. Fuck those franchises, we going where the big bucks are....

and he's taking all of their IPs down with them it seems

I'm not even mad....well beyond Contra and TMNT for the Snes, I never cared for the company. Metal Gear ran it's course and the only series that I'm really going to miss is the PES series, unless they continue pumping those games out or give it to another company.

Komani about to take over 2016...watch friends.

Kaladin

Jesus. I thought 4.4 million buys for Mayweather/Pac were world wide. That number was USA only (according to Meltzer).

Boxing, the sport of casuals. People ain't got time for all these throws and submission holds, just put two dudes in there and let them swing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everyone's all "Man, fuck Konami!" but Konami's fucked everyone else, has fuck-you money, and is exiting. Konami won

klonere

Banned
Jesus. I thought 4.4 million buys for Mayweather/Pac were world wide. That number was USA only (according to Meltzer).

thats a lot of buyers remorse right there

it was about $20 over here, i still can't believe they got the $99 price tag off. Crazy crazy price.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's funny to me is the people thinking they're sticking it to Konami, somehow. They're not. They can't touch Konami on any level. Get out.

Kaladin

Not even the next Ronda Rousey UFC fight will reach that. Should definitely sniff 800k or more at least...

MMA and wrestling just don't have the name recognition with everyone that boxing has. It's odd too. You can have a match every week on ESPN that does WWE Main Event numbers. But when someone starts promoting a "Fight of the century" with the top two fighters everybody is like "OMG gotta watch!"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Boxing fan median age is a LOT older than MMA's. It's kind of like how country music is doing so well compared to other genres today - it's because most of its audience isn't smart enough to know how to rip it off of the internet. Same goes foe boxing - tons of 70 and 60 year olds who don't use them computers don't know how to steal it.

Top Bottom