• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Hasney

were any of the Silent Scope games on Dreamcast? They were fun as hell in the arcades with that weighty ass mounted rifle light gun.

The original is on Dreamcast. As well as a port of Virtua Cop 2.

Just remember you need a CRT to play light gun games.

RP912

Banned
SS1 was, but it didn't use the light gun. Fun game. That Big Snipe Feel.

Man, MGS4...As much as I wanted to love it, there wasn't much gameplay. hurt my soul. fuck Kojima's dumb ass for that stupid-ass act 3 cinema that was about 10 hours long of people cocking guns and stacking up. fuck you shitjima.

Almost every MGS game felt like cutscene>>>>gameplay, with the exception of the PSP games. Those games don't get enough love man.

Portable OPs was so revolutionary. The idea of using wifi points to recruit soldiers was mindblowing at the time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Typing of the Dead > House of the Dead

#FACT

I wish I agreed, but the whimsy of Typing of the Dead isn't enough of a replacement for the actual fun HOTD gun gameplay. Prefer guns.

jmdajr

I moved into my new house recently and it's amazing how much of a burden all these old ps1/dreamcast/ps2/gamecube/xbox/wii/xbox 360/ps3/movie dvds/blurays and music CDs are.

Fuck they take up so much space. Slowly but surely I'm dumping all these fucking boxes and buying sleeves for the disc/manual. But heck even that is costing me money just to keep my stuff.

Never gonna get rid of my collection though. My kids can put it all in a museum or take it to the recycling plant one day.

I went to Dave n Busters recently (restaurant/bar/arcade). All the games had been replaced. And what was the new trend?

Games with huge fucking touchscreens! Just basically touch screen TVs.

I went to a happy hour at D&B around December and saw the same thing. Seemed like people were pretty into the widescreen Fruit Ninja experience. Still not as popular as it was before the recession hit when D&B was the worlds weirdest cougar hook up spot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I moved into my new house recently and it's amazing how much of a burden all these old ps1/dreamcast/ps2/gamecube/xbox/wii/xbox 360/ps3/movie dvds/blurays and music CDs are.

Fuck they take up so much space. Slowly but surely I'm dumping all these fucking boxes and buying sleeves for the disc/manual. But heck even that is costing me money just to keep my stuff.

Never gonna get rid of my collection though. My kids can put it all in a museum or take it to the recycling plant one day.

I really want to ship off all my boxes of PS2 games, I have quite the big collection of games. Lots of good ones, but I'm never going back to them. If someone pays the cost of shipping, I'll gladly ship it out.

notworksafe

I need to add a lightgun game to my home arcade but supposedly those are rough on CRTs. Also the lady would end me if we got a 5th machine.

It'd be worth it.

klonere

Banned
SS1 was, but it didn't use the light gun. Fun game. That Big Snipe Feel.

Man, MGS4...As much as I wanted to love it, there wasn't much gameplay. hurt my soul. fuck Kojima's dumb ass for that stupid-ass act 3 cinema that was about 10 hours long of people cocking guns and stacking up. fuck you shitjima.

Ugh, going back to MGS4 is painful. I liked it quite a lot when I first played it but I think I was forcing myself to like it. Its the reason I bought a damned launch PS3 for the big €600, that was teenages me's fund gone for a long ass time. Act 3 onwards was just horrible. Sad that the best gameplay in the series so far was pissed away for some of the dumbest fanservice imaginable.

Now MGO2, that was FnP although people look at me weird when I say I loved it.

Sephzilla

Speaking of lightgun games. How the fuck did Nintendo not release a remake of Duck Hunt right smack in the middle of the Wii's glory days?

MGS4 is garbage

UeUngsX.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, going back to MGS4 is painful. I liked it quite a lot when I first played it but I think I was forcing myself to like it. Its the reason I bought a damned launch PS3 for the big €600, that was teenages me's fund gone for a long ass time. Act 3 onwards was just horrible. Sad that the best gameplay in the series so far was pissed away for some of the dumbest fanservice imaginable.

Now MGO2, that was FnP although people look at me weird when I say I loved it.

First couple acts were so much fun to play. But I look at it, hit new game, and say do I REALLY want to do this again? The answer is always no :(

And that proposal scene...probably one of the worst things I've seen Kojima attempt. Complete and utter failure on every level

XenoRaven

MGS4 made me think Kojima had legit lost his touch. Turns out he just hated making it and was depressed. I secretly hope that he hates the game as much as I do.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGS4 was at least unique. I mean, I can't say any other game on PS3 even resembles it.

Well, it can play blu-ray movies so it's 75% there. Just put it in and hit play and you've replicated the majority of the game.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
MGS4 had the dignity to retcon that stupid as fuck "possessed arm" angle from MGS2 and had a fucking Kaiju battle in it.

Stupid. Stupid game. I know we butt heads a lot with opinions but MGS4 is junk, it's stupid. VERY stupid!

dream

I've only played Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots once because I don't replay games except for Gabriel Knight and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. But I remember being stunned when it was revealed that the La Li Lu Le Lo were actually all my friends from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Sephzilla

I think the reason people look down on Metal Gear Solid 4 is because everyone who played the originals got older and wiser and realized that Metal Gear has always been over the top stupid B movie storytelling. They just refuse to acknowledge that it's always been that way because of nostalgia for the older titles. Metal Gear has always been "lets see how stupid we can make this" and that's always been the charm of it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think the reason people look down on Metal Gear Solid 4 is because everyone who played the original got older and wiser and realized that Metal Gear has always been over the top stupid B movie storytelling. They just refuse to acknowledge that it's always been that way because of nostalgia for the older titles.

My take is that people make dumb excuses for Sony exclusives :O

#systemwarz let's roll
let's not, these are JOKES

klonere

Banned
First couple acts were so much fun to play. But I look at it, hit new game, and say do I REALLY want to do this again? The answer is always no :(

And that proposal scene...probably one of the worst things I've seen Kojima attempt. Complete and utter failure on every level

Also the blatant PLEASE LIKE RAIDEN NOW HE STOPPED A FUCKING AIRCRAFT CARRIER THING. All the terrible shit with Naomi, triple quadruple cross cancer FUCK. We went from Cobra Unit to Supermodel Squad with Drebin storytime to make you feel real bad for them but still be able to have skimpy photo shoots with them. Rose and Campbell's incredibly creepy fake relationship.

I'm with you friend Sunny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yknow, I think I need to make a gaming-side OT about the Biggest Russo Swerves in Games. What terminology should I use that brings the wrestling world and gaming world together?

Sephzilla

Yknow, I think I need to make a gaming-side OT about the Biggest Russo Swerves in Games. What terminology should I use that brings the wrestling world and gaming world together?

Russo Swerve = Kojima MGS2 Swerve . That would help bridge the gap

I already have a post in mind for that thread

Fox318

What's this Konami stuff? I don't venture into gaming side much.

A much beloved console game publisher is leaving the console business for F2P mobile games and gaming machines and burning all of the bridges for fans like canceling games and removing them from game marketplaces.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A much beloved console game publisher is leaving the console business for F2P mobile games and gaming machines and burning all of the bridges for fans like canceling games and removing them from game marketplaces.

how dare they.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I think the reason people look down on Metal Gear Solid 4 is because everyone who played the originals got older and wiser and realized that Metal Gear has always been over the top stupid B movie storytelling. They just refuse to acknowledge that it's always been that way because of nostalgia for the older titles. Metal Gear has always been "lets see how stupid we can make this" and that's always been the charm of it.

I look down on it because everything past the halfway point of Act 2, when you start tracking footprints through a maze, is completely unfun to play. The story is the least of that game's problems for me.

Sephzilla

MGS2 is THE video game swerve. Nothing comes close. Nothing probably will come close ever again. #Fact

This is 100% truth. Nothing is going to remotely sniff the MGS2 swerve ever again especially in this internet age. That swerve was the video game equivalent of Hogan @ Bash at the Beach

I'm kinda disgusted by all of the gamers in this thread. Like I knew we had an anime user or two, but at least they keep their disgusting habits on the DL. It's been two fucking pages of insular video game talk now

Mobile gaming is awesome.

Well, I'm not sure I can say that it is awesome but it is a surprising market.

I've only touched the minimum stuff really, like Threes and Monument Valley. Amazing stuff and good for a "let me do something while taking a shit" type of deal.

But now that I subscribe to the WWE Network for the low monthly price of $9.99, that is what I do in the bathroom!

miserable

is this true for all platforms? fuck, i gotta buy that Gradius Collection then

Top Bottom