• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

jmdajr

Who will most likely leave Payback as WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

29% Seth Rollins
16% Randy Orton
29% Dean Ambrose
26% Roman Reigns

ibq3NqY9vUi0MG.gif

I was going to make a joke about how it's much younger outside Oaklahoma. But that would imply that anyone starts thinking there.

Fuuuuu

You know, reading some recent Canadian politics threads in OT, people in British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec seem to view Alberta in the same light as you do Oklahoma. So isn't this, as the famous Canadian saying goes, the pot calling the kettle black?

scabro

No, it is crazy. It shows she can think. Kids aren't supposed to be able to think until at least 7.
id be more concerned if she couldn't.

Hitting his name on the contacts list is like the generational equivalent of putting the square block in the square hole. You literally just hit a button on a screen to get what you want. Monkeys can be taught to do this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
konami don't got any fuck you money
koei has fuck you money. they got the licensed money, they got horse betting money, they got only successful japanese console company money.

that's fuck you money. koei wins again, bionic.

Fuuuuu

You know, reading some recent Canadian politics threads in OT, people in British Columbia, Ontario, and Quebec seem to view Alberta in the same light as you do Oklahoma. So isn't this, as the famous Canadian saying goes, the pot calling the kettle black?

Our pot is green bro

NoRéN

it's ultimately really fucking stupid, which is why im kind of shook by it

Ok, as long as it's not that serious. The use of legit shook had me laughing (that term is always amusing to me) so i was going to feel bad if you come back with something like "Yeah, my friend f'ed my mom" or something.

Sephzilla

basically i'm part of a mod team on a different gaming site to help keep community members/trolls in line (basically i get to be forum robocop). well we had one guy on the site who would flip flop between putting up good comments / having good discussions to shitposting and hijacking articles. finally the guy crosses the line with a couple of posts and we have to ban him.

then on a different area of the forums a group of regulars were talking about the guy who just got banned (basically that typical forum chatter that happens after someone notable is gone - ie what we did with stro). another person jumps into the conversation and basically starts shitting on all of us saying that the only reason that other person acted the way we did was because we "fed the troll" or some stupid bullshit like that. Obviously everyone in the conversation looked at her and basically told her she was being stupid (long story short, she was).

Then as this is happening, a friend i know in real life (and is the brother to one of my best friends) jumps into the conversation and starts spewing the exact same shit and even singles me out and says "this guy, who i know in real life, is also part of the problem". I respond with a joke post to lighten up the mood, and because he normally knows when i'm joking, and responds with "it's always a fucking joke to you" and goes on some big fucking rant about how everyone shits on him and a bunch of dumb fucking shit.

I still don't even get where the fuck it came from and why he's suddenly so hostile to me. its a bunch of stupid unnecessary drama bullshit from someone i respect and normally think is way more mature than this

Tony, say something dumb.

Brain: "it's very easy to get disorientated in the ring"
Tony: "that's why, a lot of the time, your eyes need to be open"
Brain: ".........what?"
Tony: "So you can see what's coming"
Brain: *audibly sighs a world weary "what did I do to deserve this fuck, O Lord?" sigh*

*30 seconds of awkward dead air, while neither man commentates on the match*

Tony: "Well folks, tonight's shaping up to be the greatest night in the history of our sport as Hollywood Hogan faces Randy Savage in a steel cage".

That's great Tony, but there's a match happening. In the ring. In front of you. Michael Cole was never this bad. I mean, Brain wasn't great at this point either, but I bet he would've been more cooperative if Tony wasn't generally such a dolt.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At WW3 97 Brain was calling out shit that straight up didn't happen, like Eliminations. 'He lost the match when he got into a fight with Raven's flock on the outside' ...you mean even though he beat up three of them got back into the ring and performed a crossbody? He just didn't feel the effects of Van Hammer until 5 minutes later?

There's a lot of dead air in WCW commentary. That's why the best WCW commentary was with Stevie because everyone liked Stevie and Stevie wasn't a miserable drunk. And that's a shoot, brother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tony, say something dumb.

Brain: "it's very easy to get disorientated in the ring"
Tony: "that's why, a lot of the time, your eyes need to be open"
Brain: ".........what?"
Tony: "So you can see what's coming"
Brain: *audibly sighs a world weary "what did I do to deserve this fuck, O Lord?" sigh*

*30 seconds of awkward dead air, while neither man commentates on the match*

Tony: "Well folks, tonight's shaping up to be the greatest night in the history of our sport as Hollywood Hogan faces Randy Savage in a steel cage".

That's great Tony, but there's a match happening. In the ring. In front of you. Michael Cole was never this bad. I mean, Brain wasn't great at this point either, but I bet he would've been more cooperative if Tony wasn't generally such a dolt.

Could you keep your cool if Brain was fucking with you though?

At WW3 97 Brain was calling out shit that straight up didn't happen, like Eliminations. 'He lost the match when he got into a fight with Raven's flock on the outside' ...you mean even though he beat up three of them got back into the ring and performed a crossbody? He just didn't feel the effects of Van Hammer until 5 minutes later?

There's a lot of dead air in WCW commentary. That's why the best WCW commentary was with Stevie because everyone liked Stevie and Stevie wasn't a miserable drunk. And that's a shoot, brother.

Yeah, Tony was still pretty terrible at his job, though. Brain not giving a shit doesn't detract from that. Also, I just realised Mike Tenay's on commentary as well, as I just heard a high pitched "crossbody!" call. What the hell was he doing while Tony & Bobby pointedly sat in silence?

jmdajr

I still don't even get where the fuck it came from and why he's suddenly so hostile to me. its a bunch of stupid unnecessary drama bullshit from someone i respect and normally think is way more mature than this

Maybe having a bad day and taking it out on others. Still...not cool.

I sort of feel like Twitter has made commentary obsolete in this day and age of Sports Entertainment. If I need to know what a move is called I have like five nerds on my feed doing exactly that making better jokes than King Lawler. Just give me the crowd noise and I got the good stuff on my smart telephone

Top Bottom