• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

Rollins has not convinced me that the MITB is a shit concept that does nothing for anybody besides a one time pop.

Rollins was the guy for MITB this time.

I seriously don't see anyone on the roster that would benefit from it right now though.

Unless they give it to some new NXT guy out the gate.

NoRéN

I just wish Rollins wasn't playing the chicken shit heel. I hate when legit good wrestlers are given that gimmick. He would be better served as the cocky "I'm the future and I will prove it by any means necessary" heel. He doesn't need J&J security. He can win matches on his own, believably. Save the chicken shit heel that hides behind a group of stooges gimmick for someone who can't.
Well said.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're winning the title via MITB, you're a chicken shit. That's how a chicken shit wins a title. It's the 'here's the title but you didn't really earn it' cash-out.

It's not like winning a rumble at number 1 or even winning KOTR. Even the match itself is arguably luck based in kayfabe because you're just hoping everybody takes each other out and you get up first. Brock got a title shot by beating the Undertaker, so he doesn't fall for it as much(except when Vince needs to make Cena look good)

klonere

Banned
I just wish Rollins wasn't playing the chicken shit heel. I hate when legit good wrestlers are given that gimmick. He would be better served as the cocky "I'm the future and I will prove it by any means necessary" heel. He doesn't need J&J security. He can win matches on his own, believably. Save the chicken shit heel that hides behind a group of stooges gimmick for someone who can't.

Totally agree but I think J&J could still be a great accessory. The issue is him constantly bitching about having to wrestle and being visibly shaken by being forced to defend his title. He could have been a total asshole champ, throwing his new found authority around to fuck with people not squirrel his way out of matches and FEUDING WITH FUCKING KANE IN 2015 ARHIGHNSIDGOHSDPGSDIGOSP;J

NoRéN

Rollins was the guy for MITB this time.

I seriously don't see anyone on the roster that would benefit from it right now though.

Unless they give it to some new NXT guy out the gate.
I know it's the most unlikely of things but I'm kind of hoping Brock comes back in the mitb match and wins. Menacing dude dropping by every once in a while to intimidate the champ only to just show up in a suit and chill at the commentators desk.

Kaladin

Totally agree but I think J&J could still be a great accessory. The issue is him constantly bitching about having to wrestle and being visibly shaken by being forced to defend his title. He could have been a total asshole champ, throwing his new found authority around to fuck with people not squirrel his way out of matches and FEUDING WITH FUCKING KANE IN 2015 ARHIGHNSIDGOHSDPGSDIGOSP;J

I hate that.....hate. You're the fucking man....be confident in yourself. So Randy Orton has beat you before, you can beat him when it counts and that's all that matters. No need for Rollins to be legit shook so much.

klonere

Banned
I think Rollins with MITB could have been booked well. Make him over ambitious to turn his "future of the WWE" into the now, pestering HHH for legit title shots and HHH denying him because he's "not ready" or whatever. He gets frustrated and cashes in at Mania. HHH respects him for it (instead of belittling him like a little child). When Lesnar goes out on Raw after WM demanding that Rollins come out, everyone in the Authority holds Rollins back. Lesnar fucks shit up. Rollins sneaks out, says as the champ he can make the match if he wants. Gets absolutely fucked by Lesnar, maybe even blade. J&J come out for the DQ. Lesnar gets suspended. Lead into the Orton feud with more legit heat.

Whatever, no one cares. Feuds with Kane instead.

MITB winners:

Edge: new years revolution pop, shit first reign, lost to Cena rather quickly and fell down into the midcard
RVD: Cashed it in the "heroic" way in an ECW city against Cena, doesn't count
Mr Kennedy: Got clowned out of it by edge, who was a chicken shit heel
CM Punk: Boring as hell title reign
CM Punk again: used it to turn heel
Jack Swagger: Title reign went nowhere
Kane: it's kane
Miz: Title reign went nowhere, participated in one of the worst WM main events
Daniel Bryan: Used it to turn heel
Del Rio: Killed summer of punk momentum
Ziggler: squandered his biggest pop with an injury
Cena: unsuccessful
Orton: chicken shit heel
Sandow: unsuccessful cash in
Cena: it's cena
Rollins: chicken shit heel

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hajime Ohara is incredibly charismatic but he wrestles like an indie wrestler from 2007.

Don't watch morishima's retirement
Ihzyy1D.jpg

iCsYA1l.jpg

vPcRzi5.jpg

Kaladin

MITB winners:

Edge: new years revolution pop, shit first reign, lost to Cena rather quickly and fell down into the midcard
RVD: Cashed it in the "heroic" way in an ECW city against Cena, doesn't count
Mr Kennedy: Got clowned out of it by edge, who was a chicken shit heel
CM Punk: Boring as hell title reign
CM Punk again: used it to turn heel
Jack Swagger: Title reign went nowhere
Kane: it's kane
Miz: Title reign went nowhere, participated in one of the worst WM main events
Daniel Bryan: Used it to turn heel
Del Rio: Killed summer of punk momentum
Ziggler: squandered his biggest pop with an injury
Cena: unsuccessful
Orton: chicken shit heel
Sandow: unsuccessful cash in
Cena: it's cena
Rollins: chicken shit heel

How many of those guys used their MITB cash in on the main WWE Championship if they had the option?

jmdajr

Edge was awesome at his "ultimate opportunist" gimmick. To say it went nowhere is bullshit to me.

Granted Seth has probbaly been the best since.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They have not but I think there is talks about creating a new one. I should go back and play them. Which one tho. I think 9 was the best. Don't recall as it has been a long time.

Cmon man. I like em but they really should change it to "Army Rice Simulator 2016" let's be honest. Lots of rice management...

somedevil

Not sure if this is posted this TNA news is hilarious:

TNA President Dixie Carter held a meeting at this past weekend's Impact Wrestling tapings and basically told the talents not to believe what they read on wrestling websites about the ratings and viewership being down.

Dixie claimed that there is ratings information that websites aren't aware of that she and TNA are privy to. She claimed that when websites publish TNA ratings data, we're not publishing them with the West Coast numbers included but we post the data that comes from Nielsen and we do include the overall viewership with numbers for the replay. Dixie also pointed out that websites don't report on the +.3 or +.7 DVR numbers as some fans watch throughout the week.

Dixie instructed the roster to pay no mind to ratings reports because the numbers are better than what's actually being released.

So if you work for TNA, you should probably ignore this post too.

The ratings are a lie! TNA is basically aperture science. Plus it lets me post this classic gif:

tnaratings.gif

Sephzilla

Off topic from wrasslin but on my mind since there's an OT thread about it - i'm glad the further away we get from #LedgerHype the more people realize The Dark Knight isn't the crown jewel of comic book movies

I always love how "WWE buys TNA" is one of the highest rated

Off topic from wrasslin but on my mind since there's an OT thread about it - i'm glad the further away we get from #LedgerHype the more people realize The Dark Knight isn't the crown jewel of comic book movies

I always love how "WWE buys TNA" is one of the highest rated

Of course not watchmen is

Kaladin

Have you watched anything else Ledger played in recently though? The guy truly transformed himself for that role. I look at that Joker and I don't see Heath Ledger like you see him in anything else.

I'll give you though, that he did kind of turn a mediocre movie into greatness.

Sephzilla

Have you watched anything else Ledger played in recently though? The guy truly transformed himself for that role. I look at that Joker and I don't see Heath Ledger like you see him in anything else.

I'll give you though, that he did kind of turn a mediocre movie into greatness.

firefly.gif

But really though, he is the thing that keeps that movie together.

Sephzilla

You know what I mean....I watched A Knight's Tale before it got removed from Netflix recently and while he's not bad in that movie, it re-enforced how good he was as Joker.

it's definitely ledger's best role.

Winter Soldier is better than TDK.

i agree with you. at the absolute least, the fight scene choreography in winter soldier absolutely shits on any of the nolan batman fights.

both movies suffer from getting a little stupid at the end, but at least Winter Soldier gets entertainingly stupid while Dark Knight gets stupid because it has its own head shoved up its ass

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Brokeback was really good and really heartwrenching. Great movie and great performance. I saw it in theaters (had to fight my way through picketers at the theater...sigh) and the quiet crying parts, a thousand little sniffles came from the crowd. I was one of them!

Top Bottom