• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

Marvel got got but I can't tell why.....was it the gif of the guy sitting down to masturbate in the Underworld thread? That's nothing new.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh! TNA it is!

I'm about a year behind on NXT anyways. It was one of the things I was watching when I had a physical/mental breakdown after messing up my back and having a bad reaction to some sleeping medicine. I'm going to catch up again after I finish 1996 RAWs/WWF PPVs/Nitros, I think.

For God sakes just put an end to the company. Why move it to another damn night when the viewers been dropping like bad habits?

This fucking company man...

TNA will be the only wrestling company to move to every night of thew week at one point.

Soon it will be Saturday Morning..................

Xater

I watched this weeks NXT but again I did not get around to LU. I still need to get back into that. Last episode I watched was the one with the Mil Muertes casket match.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA has been on Wednesday before. Tuesday would have been something interesting.

EDIT: Wasn't Fox-Sports TNA on Saturday Night?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's just Wed is so heavy on other promotions. Better promotions.

Kaladin

They moved it because they were concerned about Destination America viewership on Friday nights in the summer.

If they were concerned about viewership, they shouldn't be on DA in the first place.

Heel

bean breath, we're only 13 backer achievements away from unlocking #igabootytemptats. Let's start making Vines. The Army of the Night can do this.

JavyOO7

I would watch TNA but I get no Destination America. Sucks for TNA since hearing all the praise from the Bryan and Vinny Show that TNA has their act together in regards to their creative...

Christ, that Shantae shot is horrendous. Then again the "gameplay" concept looks horrible on this as well so I guess shit's just gonna be shit. Hopefully that Shantae screen is just conceptual...

i-dont-like-thing-ok.jpg

I'll keep an eye out at PROGRESS next week, I'm terrible with faces though.

Stating to send out the Tournament of Death details to people, so keep an eye out for PM's over the weekend. Incidentally, while FallingEdge may have got the best TOD to review, I just noticed it's over four fucking hours long, so enjoy that, I guess :p

I can manage. WIll watch in chunks. The review will take longer than the show. For me anyway.

I don't know what Heel and bean breath have been talkin about for the past week. Just start a new community for your hostile insular sh*t

talk about gimmick infringement, yesh

What was the era in which TNA was good again? Because every single goddamn time I was told it was good and I gave it a chance it was this uneven piece of crap that was tonally all over the map, like an obsessive WWE stalker who wanted to kill everything that made the WWE what it was, while dressing exactly like them and acting exactly like them every other day.

Plus every PPV I tuned in for always ended with outside interference. It was always bullshit.

I honestly think people were so jaded after losing a couple of good WWE alternatives that they blinded themselves to the fact that TNA was basically everything wrong with WCW AND everything wrong with WWE rolled into one. Yeah. It had great talent on the roster, it always had that. But sure, lets job out everyone to Jeff Jarrett. Or lets job the entire X Division to Kevin Nash, because that worked so well in WCW. Or lets bring back Hogan and let him bury TNA and it's owner just so he can put himself over.

Oh, and lets keep using Russo even though he sucks and everyone knows he sucks, and even though our network have very clearly told us not to keep using him. Lets just keep using him and hope they never find out.

The only good thing about TNA is that it was so garbage that I decided to give this indie wrestling promotion that regularly put on shows in Boston a chance, and discovered ROH right in the middle of an obscene amount of talent on the roster. And unlike TNA, they actually got to wrestle complete matches which put the exciting new talent over.

Wow!

Seriously though, was there ever a time that TNA wasn't a joke? Like a period where they kept their shit together for say, six months, and had a good run of shows that weren't all run ins and wildly inconsistent tonal shifts and their commentators constantly going on about how all this shit was so much better than the 'other guys'?

Kaladin

What was the era in which TNA was good again? Because every single goddamn time I was told it was good and I gave it a chance it was this uneven piece of crap that was tonally all over the map, like an obsessive WWE stalker who wanted to kill everything that made the WWE what it was, while dressing exactly like them and acting exactly like them every other day.

Plus every PPV I tuned in for always ended with outside interference. It was always bullshit.

I honestly think people were so jaded after losing a couple of good WWE alternatives that they blinded themselves to the fact that TNA was basically everything wrong with WCW AND everything wrong with WWE rolled into one. Yeah. It had great talent on the roster, it always had that. But sure, lets job out everyone to Jeff Jarrett. Or lets job the entire X Division to Kevin Nash, because that worked so well in WCW. Or lets bring back Hogan and let him bury TNA and it's owner just so he can put himself over.

Oh, and lets keep using Russo even though he sucks and everyone knows he sucks, and even though our network have very clearly told us not to keep using him. Lets just keep using him and hope they never find out.

The only good thing about TNA is that it was so garbage that I decided to give this indie wrestling promotion that regularly put on shows in Boston a chance, and discovered ROH right in the middle of an obscene amount of talent on the roster. And unlike TNA, they actually got to wrestle complete matches which put the exciting new talent over.

Wow!

Seriously though, was there ever a time that TNA wasn't a joke? Like a period where they kept their shit together for say, six months, and had a good run of shows that weren't all run ins and wildly inconsistent tonal shifts and their commentators constantly going on about how all this shit was so much better than the 'other guys'?

There were two times TNA was really hot:

Right before Bischoff and Hogan were brought in when they did things like Angel vs Wolf (Nigel McGuinness)

Secondly the Austin Aries title win. Only other time I have been as hyped for a wrestler to win the belt was Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania XXX.

Any other time I watched it it was because they had someone that was doing good stuff on the roster or it was just for plain silliness like Aces and Eights.

I just noticed PCW have Dar vs Bubblegum on this weekend - come see two guys RVD beat clean at the last show battle it out for a belt that he couldn't even be bothered to compete for :|

I'd like to think that it's part of some extended feud, but given that Rob's only made four appearances since leaving the WWE and costs some serious change to book, I can't see that happening. RVD is the worst kind of import. Costs a ton of money, doesn't put any of your guys over. Comparatively, at the same set of shows Juvi got a win in a meaningless six-man tag, then put over clean two of PCW's top guys in singles matches.

Top Bottom