• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

somedevil

I wonder if any big events in Florida are happining soon

CFESceuUsAAuboa.jpg

Holy Crap, did he ever look that good in his TNA run?

I wonder when he is showing up because he has a date in early July but this pic shows he is getting ready for that NXT run.

Plus here is the new Samoa Joe rumor:

Bill Behrans on Sean Radican's radio show seemed to indicate that Samoa Joe would join NXT in a similar capacity to Rhyno but on a swank, more esteemed basis and he would be portrayed as a "Legend" AND Joe could also still work indies.

Interesting. Bill is his agent taking his booking for him.

So the new WWE insider at /r/squaredcircle posted something about Samoa Joe...
he is signed for 2 years and will show up at the end of Unstoppable. Pending changes of course

This'll prove if this new guy is legit

Bryan alaverz hinted at some thing like that happening

Kaladin

Seeing Joe now kind of proves what we already knew that TNA doesn't really have any kind of gym or performance center for their athletes. Any conditioning they do seems to be on their own time.

Aiii

So not worth it
So the new WWE insider at /r/squaredcircle posted something about Samoa Joe...
he is signed for 2 years and will show up at the end of Unstoppable. Pending changes of course

This'll prove if this new guy is legit

Is his username MetsSupporter4Ever?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's a shame Joe is (apparently) finally getting his WWE run only after Punk and Bryan are gone (I know Bryan is uncertain, but still). Not saying there's nobody on the roster he can have a great match with, far from it, but man, what could have been.

Seeing Joe now kind of proves what we already knew that TNA doesn't really have any kind of gym or performance center for their athletes. Any conditioning they do seems to be on their own time.
That's bullsh*t, Sandman. Where do you think they train their performers for in-ring competition, a parking lot?

somedevil

Did Joe vs Steen ever happen with the two of them at their peak on a grand stage?

That's a match I would want to see.

The only singles match they had was in 2005 at PWG for the the title. Joe was at his peak not sure if Steen was at that time.

Plus what happened to Joe at TNA was cause of injuries and horrible booking. Would you want to continue training your ass off when they are putting tattoos on your face, getting kidnapped by ninjas, and former WWE guys getting better booking then you?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ah.....so Joe never really fought Steen at his peak then.

Looking forward to this one, as you know Joe can still go and with the way he looks now, he can probably go like he did ten years ago.

What do you consider Steen's peak? Because Steen was in his best shape in the mid 2000s. He just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. The only thing that has changed are his promos.

Kaladin

What do you consider Steen's peak? Because Steen was in his best shape in the mid 2000s. He just kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger. The only thing that has changed are his promos.

He was never really as good IMO in the Mr. Wrestling days or in the Steen / Generico days till he started his big ROH / PWG run. He might have got bigger, but I thought his ring ability got better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Heel bodied TheWesker so hard, Samoa Joe thought he was transported back in time to a day where he was on a diet.

Global Wars in afew hours

- GEDO & MOOSE w/STOKELY HATHAWAY & VEDA SCOTT vs. WATANABE & SILAS YOUNG
- ACH vs. SHINSUKE NAKAMURA
- THE ADDICTION vs. RPG VICE vs. THE DECADE vs. REDRAGON
- CEDRIC ALEXANDER vs. KAZUCHIKA OKADA
- MICHAEL ELGIN vs. HIROSHI TANAHASHI
- ROH WORLD TELEVISION TITLE
JAY LETHAL w/TRUTH MARTINI vs. TETSUYA NAITO
**THE MAIN EVENT**
ROH ALL STARS (THE BRISCOES, RODERICK STRONG & WAR MACHINE)
vs.
THE BULLET CLUB (MACHINE GUN KARL ANDERSON, DOC GALLOWS, AJ STYLES & THE YOUNG BUCKS)

Order here
www.rohwrestling.com/ippv

ACH vs Nak Should be omega Dope

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Chris Hero is a true Hero for being the only man or woman able to resist the performance center's cult of fitness. Even then he got sort of in shape during his time with the promotion!

For God sakes just put an end to the company. Why move it to another damn night when the viewers been dropping like bad habits?

This fucking company man...

Hey it's not like this is the 8th time they've changed slots in five and a half years-oh wait it is? shit

DA has a clause in the contract that says if they don't like what they see they can drop the show in Sept. We might finally be really reaching the definite end for real this time honestly, friends

What was the era in which TNA was good again? Because every single goddamn time I was told it was good and I gave it a chance it was this uneven piece of crap that was tonally all over the map, like an obsessive WWE stalker who wanted to kill everything that made the WWE what it was, while dressing exactly like them and acting exactly like them every other day.

Plus every PPV I tuned in for always ended with outside interference. It was always bullshit.

I honestly think people were so jaded after losing a couple of good WWE alternatives that they blinded themselves to the fact that TNA was basically everything wrong with WCW AND everything wrong with WWE rolled into one. Yeah. It had great talent on the roster, it always had that. But sure, lets job out everyone to Jeff Jarrett. Or lets job the entire X Division to Kevin Nash, because that worked so well in WCW. Or lets bring back Hogan and let him bury TNA and it's owner just so he can put himself over.

Oh, and lets keep using Russo even though he sucks and everyone knows he sucks, and even though our network have very clearly told us not to keep using him. Lets just keep using him and hope they never find out.

The only good thing about TNA is that it was so garbage that I decided to give this indie wrestling promotion that regularly put on shows in Boston a chance, and discovered ROH right in the middle of an obscene amount of talent on the roster. And unlike TNA, they actually got to wrestle complete matches which put the exciting new talent over.

Wow!

Seriously though, was there ever a time that TNA wasn't a joke? Like a period where they kept their shit together for say, six months, and had a good run of shows that weren't all run ins and wildly inconsistent tonal shifts and their commentators constantly going on about how all this shit was so much better than the 'other guys'?

Even during the "good" periods, TNA was never good from top to bottom.

Even during Samoa Joe's run as the X Division champion when he had the matches against Daniels and Styles, you still had Team Canada vs. 4Live Kru. And that Joe run lasted about months before Joe transitioned to Sabu, around the same time when Bullet Bob Armstrong is facing fucking Konnan in an arm wrestling match on PPV. A few months later, you had the America's Most Wanted vs. Styles/Daniels series, which was good, except that's when Kevin Nash burying the X Division starts. And Joe gets stuck in the midcard during this time when he should have been pushed to the main event, except Christian Cage is occupying that space.

There are moments you can point to, like Angle vs. Wolfe or Angle vs. Joe, but it was never actually good, as a whole.

Top Bottom